Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 12:46 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
It's a simple fact. You're not living in the real world if you can't accept that absolutely undeniable fact. Subtract the immigrant vote (look it up), and the Democrats in their current iteration would have no shot at the Presidency or either house of Congress.

There is no reason for immigration other than to change the political balance.
So profoundly WRONG you are! There is great demand for labor by immigrants, legal or not. When the manager of a local Mexican restaurant got into big trouble for smuggling in workers from Mexico, he was asked why he did that. His reply was because they work harder.

Further more, immigrants not being U. S. citizens can not vote in federal elections. If they are anyway, then why the hell aren't Republicans raising hell about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 01:02 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The Right hasn't won a popular vote in decades and the electoral college will ultimately be controlled by the left as more red states turn blue
The Republicans will retake the House and the Senate in the mid-terms, and they'll probably retake the presidency next election too. That is just how it works.

Money will always get what it wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig

Old 09-05-2021, 01:08 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I believe it. In a list I saw of the worst cities for each state, Cincinnati was named for Ohio. I thought that was pretty bad when one of the biggest cities in a state is the worst.
I’m a native Buckeye.

Cincy isn’t even a top 15 worst city in the state IMO.

Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Toledo, Dayton, Youngstown, Ashtabula, Steubenville, Athens, and Warren make Cincinnati look like Malibu.

Ohio has got to be the worst mix of inner city ghettos and rural meth heads in the country. Plus the weather is horrible. Extreme heat/humidity to snow storms to floods to ice.

And it’s ugly as hell to boot. Maybe not Oklahoma-ugly but it’s up there.

I still love it though. Just can’t live there.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:25 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The Republicans will retake the House and the Senate in the mid-terms, and they'll probably retake the presidency next election too. That is just how it works.

Money will always get what it wants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tu32CCA_Ig
Money likely explains why Democrats have this big infrastructure bill. They want to use it reward their donors. The biggest companies were able to donate the most, so they will get the biggest contracts.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Money likely explains why Democrats have this big infrastructure bill. They want to use it reward their donors. The biggest companies were able to donate the most, so they will get the biggest contracts.
Trump even admitted that Democratic polices are usually better for the economy. The Democrats are always handing out trillions of dollars that directly or indirectly ends up in the hands of contractors, retailers, and other corporations.

The SNAP program was a subsidy to farmers and food processors. Its biggest lobbyists are now Walmart and Coca-Cola. Fast-food companies like McDonald's and Taco Bell are also pushing for food stamps to be used there.

Both parties are corporate parties. Barack Obama got more money from Wall Street than any candidate in history.

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...wall-street-f/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRndMiVIB-w

The reason Nancy Pelosi refused Trump's stimulus last year was because she knew if Democrats won the election she could deliver even more to her donors.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Further more, Liberalism or progressive local policy goes on with Republican leaders approving of it even in the reddest states where Oklahoma City regularly keeps its sales tax high to make city government even bigger. In the latest round of spending, nearly $1 billion will be spent over the course of 8 years. It's easy to understand what is going on. Since Oklahoma City is undeniably in one of the most highly undesirable states to live in, it has to do a lot to look like a more desirable city to live in.
1) When I was younger I couldn't wait to leave this state. Then I left and hated every other state and couldn't wait to come back.

2) Desirable to whom? Well, the only people that matter, the rich. Oklahoma has been a pretty big magnet for low-skilled labor, including illegal-immigrants, but who cares about them. We need more rich people bringing money here. To do that we have to tax the poor to build stuff for rich people to enjoy.

https://www.news9.com/story/5e34d5a0...-oklahoma-home

But at least the rich people bring jobs. Can't imagine what I would do if I couldn't go to work for them.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:47 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
The Right hasn't won a popular vote in decades and the electoral college will ultimately be controlled by the left as more red states turn blue
Elections aren't decided by popular vote (as most people know). I think your premise is flawed (as so many others have mentioned). With that said, at some point Republicans are going to have to come up with more than criticisms of Democrats (especially after throwing so many of their constituents under a bus during the pandemic).

You really need to be able to show what you stand for and how you will support your constituents. Sitting around screaming Biden's an idiot ain't gonna cut it. Criticizing is easy.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:52 AM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
Quote:
You have a bright future as a CNN analyst, keep up the propaganda.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:21 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,158 times
As much as I hate to admit it the OP is right...with the treasonous Dems purposely flooding the country with illegals. Eventually we’re going to become a one party nation...

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; 09-05-2021 at 04:31 AM..

Old 09-05-2021, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
As much as I hate to admit it the OP is right...with the treasonous Dems purposely flooding the country with illegals. Eventually we’re going to become a one party nation...
That isn't how democracy works. Democracy requires the country be split in half, with each party forming a coalition to get the necessary votes for electoral victory. If the electorate changes, the coalition changes.

You guys worry too much. Everything is just as it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies