Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 08:03 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,215,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
This poll was done before the abortion law hit the news. I would probably also say Texas is headed in the wrong direction because of all the illegal migrants coming in. The question is not clear if they are asking about the state legislature and government or if they're asking about what is happening (covid, inflation, migrants, etc.)
^^^^ This...I guess a question as broad as "Is Texas going in the right direction might be interesting in terms of long term trends but I don't see how it can be used as evidence about particular policies without a follow up question, e.g., "And why do you think Texas is not going in the right direction?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 08:15 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Incorrect. The legal precedent that a fetus is a human life has already been set by fetal homicide laws. Those who kill a fetus regardless of whether the mother is killed or not are charged with murder or at least manslaughter.
Not falling for your logical mumbo jumbo

Old 09-05-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketties View Post
In that case a person in a coma is t a human as it cannot survive on their own.

Also, the law disagrees with you (as does biology). Also ignorant to the fact companies and people just keep pouring in here... I guess your degenerate ideas doesn’t transpose well into the real world.
Georgia lost film industry work after their abortion bill/law, first off my idea isn't degenerate, and second off, you obviously think this law is good because you're a super Reich winger

Old 09-05-2021, 08:19 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I don’t really care about other people and their stance on abortion, has nothing to do with me. God will sort it all out on Judgment Day.

But I do find it odd that Democrats are so adamant about killing a human life, they actually seem blood thirsty about it all.

Again, I couldn’t care in the least what other people do as long as it doesn’t affect me negatively.
This is how I feel. It always reminds me that the era they say we are being forced back into is the era of my birth. If abortion were legal everywhere in the ‘60s I can guarantee that I and half of my friends would probably not have ever been born. It wasn’t dystopia like they’d have us believe.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
This is how I feel. It always reminds me that the era they say we are being forced back into is the era of my birth. If abortion were legal everywhere in the ‘60s I can guarantee that I and half of my friends would probably not have ever been born. It wasn’t dystopia like they’d have us believe.
It is if you didn't want a kid and have no means to support it. You don't get a raise at work just because you're expecting.....

Old 09-05-2021, 08:38 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It is if you didn't want a kid and have no means to support it. You don't get a raise at work just because you're expecting.....
Think of how callous that sounds. People should be able to abort a baby if it’s inconvenient to their careers? Would you say the same if a young mother couldn’t get a raise because she was always having to take off work when her kid was sick and so she murdered her kid?

The fact is we are not in the same position we were when Roe happened. Then I think the only women who could get birth control were married women and we didn’t have the morning after pill.

I’m not against abortion being legal, but I’m not as worried as others if it gets outlawed. I understand both positions and it’s hard for me to be outraged over the inability to kill a baby with a heartbeat.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:47 AM

6,738 posts, read 6,727,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Georgia lost film industry work after their abortion bill/law, first off my idea isn't degenerate, and second off, you obviously think this law is good because you're a super Reich winger
Not that much. California had to come up with an incentive plan to keep filming here. This included Newsolini's rule that filming a TV commercial was an "essential service" during his unscientific lockdowns. So you could eat in a crowded setting during a break from filming, but not next door at the outdoor tables of a restaurant if you were a resident supporting a local business.

Look, I'd love to criticize Georgia and Texas as backwards, except in California we've found remarkable ways to be backwards ourselves.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:49 AM

7,922 posts, read 3,462,774 times
When people try to deny that an unborn child is really a human in order to justify killing it, it reminds me of when scientists used to use phrenology to argue that Africans were a lesser form of human in order to justify their mistreatment. (Trust the science!) I am pro abortion, at least in the first trimester, but I have to admit that an abortion is the ending of a human life. In my opinion people who justify abortion by denying the humanity of the unborn are cowards. At best they are lying to themselves to assuage their feelings of guilt. Admit to yourself and to others what it is you are supporting.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:49 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
This poll was done before the abortion law hit the news. I would probably also say Texas is headed in the wrong direction because of all the illegal migrants coming in. The question is not clear if they are asking about the state legislature and government or if they're asking about what is happening (covid, inflation, migrants, etc.)
Exactly, and if the results were reversed people saying that the results showed one thing, would say that it actually shows the opposite.

Just like you can create a poll to match your agenda, you can create a poll that regardless of the results you can make it fit your agenda. This very generic question fits the latter.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:54 AM

6,738 posts, read 6,727,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The fact is we are not in the same position we were when Roe happened. Then I think the only women who could get birth control were married women and we didn’t have the morning after pill.
Not even in the same position as 25 years ago when their 2x as many as abortions. Some clinics in blue states closed due to less business.

When I was in college in the mid-90s, I knew a ton of women who had abortions, many from right wing Christian families. Meanwhile, the unattractive, angry "keep abortion legal" women were barely going on any dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies