Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 02:49 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
One story after another of people getting sick and dying after getting Vaxed. yet my whole family has remained 100 percent healthy and alive and will never be vaxed!
There has been one story after another of people getting sick and dying who weren't vaccinated, and it has frequently been those who had been very publicly belligerent and aggressive against it.

Old 09-05-2021, 02:53 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
There has been one story after another of people getting sick and dying who weren't vaccinated, and it has frequently been those who had been very publicly belligerent and aggressive against it.
You avoided what I said gee I wonder why

Old 09-05-2021, 03:04 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
You avoided what I said gee I wonder why
Avoided what? It's awful when anyone dies, whether it's from an adverse reaction to a medication or vaccine or dying from a disease, and my genuine condolences go out to the families in either case.

Every credible source I've seen shows that the macro-risks of an unvaccinated person contracting COVID19 and dying from it are far greater than the risks of dying from the vaccine. However, if someone is concerned they may the rare person who would have an adverse reaction, they need to talk to their doctor (assuming their doctor isn't a quack) about the benefits versus risks, as in any other medical procedure, and not some political pundit.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:13 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
only the ignorant and uninformed refuse to get the vaccine..they'd rather catch covid and die first..
I caught covid and didn't die. In fact, over 99% of the people who catch it won't die, and the bulk of them won't even have severe symptoms, if any at all.

May I ask why you seem to have this perspective that everyone who gets it will die?

Your comment suggested only two options - get the vaccine, or get covid and die. There are other possibilities. Lots of them. it's actually very rare that someone dies of this. Less than one percent of the time.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What corners of the internet do you inhabit that keeps providing you with such ludicrous conspiracy theories. They are always wrong. Are you processing that???
Are you talking about CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Baltimore Sun, ABC News, Vox, The Atlantic, etc?

They're always wrong. Well, nobody's always wrong, but they've been wrong about the really big stuff. The stuff they were creating narratives about 24/7 for years. Do you ever call them to the carpet for their mistruths? I haven't noticed that from you, yet.

For instance, the media driven "Russia!" narrative was a new scandal every day. It spurred congressional hearings and an investigation. For what? Oh, opposition research from the Clinton campaign. We never even got an apology from those outlets for that.

I haven't watched the video in the op yet, but I will. We'll see what it's about. In the meantime, be mindful of your accusations regarding the validity of information. You're in a very dense minefield and you don't even know you're in danger.

Oh, and what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out defending your freedom? Your military is roaming your streets, keeping you or your fellow Aussies prisoners in your own homes. If what was going on there were going on here, I wouldn't be on City-Data insulting people on the other side of the world for kicks. I'd be.. doing something else. Something real, and meaningful. What are you doing here?

Old 09-05-2021, 03:25 PM

17,795 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post

Every credible source I've seen shows that the macro-risks of an unvaccinated person contracting COVID19 and dying from it are far greater than the risks of dying from the vaccine.
Well there is this...

Quote:
Unvaccinated people are about 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid-19 than those who are fully vaccinated, according to a CDC study released Tuesday.
The new study also found that unvaccinated people were nearly five times more likely to be infected with Covid than vaccinated people.
But some random dude on CD named Robert says his family hasn't gotten sick and he "knows" a bunch of vaccinated people who got sick and some who have died... so I reckon we can just throw this CDC study out the window.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:36 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Are you talking about CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Baltimore Sun, ABC News, Vox, The Atlantic, etc?

Oh, and what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out defending your freedom? Your military is roaming your streets, keeping you or your fellow Aussies prisoners in your own homes. If what was going on there were going on here, I wouldn't be on City-Data insulting people on the other side of the world for kicks. I'd be.. doing something else. Something real, and meaningful. What are you doing here?
No, I was talking about the OP, quite clearly. Not sure how you got confused about that.

And as always, your final paragraph is not true. I am free to roam as I please. No lockdowns, no army, no prisoners.

Correcting misinformation is something we should all do, surely you agree.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:39 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

So far the only thing the vax actually does is harm some people...there's no evidence that it does anything to help you.
What is causing the coincidence that unvaccinated people get far greater illness, hospitilisation and die more than the unvaccinated?

Old 09-05-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Unvaccinated people are about 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid-19 than those who are fully vaccinated, according to a CDC study released Tuesday.
The new study also found that unvaccinated people were nearly five times more likely to be infected with Covid than vaccinated people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
But some random dude on CD named Robert says his family hasn't gotten sick and he "knows" a bunch of vaccinated people who got sick and some who have died... so I reckon we can just throw this CDC study out the window.
Just for the record, statistics are presented in that way specifically to magnify the apparent significance of the data they're supposed to represent.

"29 times more likely" makes it sound really scary. What's the ratio of infections to hospitalizations? That "29 times" claim doesn't mean anything at all, without any context.

By the way, the number is also wrong. Not every infection is tested and therefore counted. Mine wasn't. They can only create that figure with the data they have, and the number of positive tests doesn't accurately represent the number of cases out there. That "29" is likely to be much, much, much smaller, in actuality.

Old 09-05-2021, 05:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
The vaccines are safe. Whether or not you get it is up to you in my opinion, but stuff like this only gives the left fodder to dismiss many valid arguments conservatives have about the Covid response.
Then what is driving conservatives to want the vaccines to fail so much, that they are anxious to believe in fake stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies