Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 06:39 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times

Advertisements

Fred and Joe both get the same covid from Hank.

Fred was vaxxed
Joe was not.

Joe is MUCH more likely to die. (IIRC like 3-5x)

NOT for government forcing vaxx on people but this antivaxx tripe is grating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 07:30 AM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
The evidence is fairly concrete the effectiveness of the vaccines wears off after around 6 months, so saying you are fully vaccinated is meaningless at this point. We don't even know if natural immunity will provide long lasting protection, though it seems many less previously infected are getting reinfected. Regardless, the data suggests vaccines reduce hospitalizations, but so do other treatments the media is suppressing, such as sun exposure for Vitamin D and horse paste. Watching this covid stuff is like watching a science experiment in progress... none of us will know the results until a couple of years from now. Right now we have incomplete data. Luckily this is a global pandemic so we can get more accurate data from a variety of sources, rather than relying on the US and it's big pharma biased conclusions which are due to the fact that our politicians are all bought out by special interest groups and corporate donors.

It should be noted Trump voters (including myself who voted for Trump) that Trump was the one that lit the match funding the development of mRNA vaccines by implementing Operation Warp Speed and focusing solely on funding Moderna and pfizer's vaccines. This is something my mother who is staunchly anti-vaccine reminded me over the phone yesterday in which many Trump supporters never bring up. For those who are against vaccinations, neither party is completely innocent here. Trump got the vaccine and recommends vaccination, but doesn't want to force it on people. He's still pretty popular.
I'm outside all day long - I'm getting a ton of Vitamin D. I also wash my hands frequently, and I don't touch anything with my bare hands besides the bags that hold food or items for me to deliver. The rest of my time, I'm alone in my car or at home.

No vaccine, don't wear a mask - no issues. I'm not part of the 99.9% odds group - the 20s and 30s people, but my odds are still in the high 90s.

However, I'm around a lot of people throughout the day - a lot of people who refuse to leave any distance between anyone else. It is only for a few seconds to a few minutes at a time. If I have to wait longer for the food to be ready, I go outside, instead of being cooped up with people who cough and sneeze through their dumb masks - because they clearly learned nothing, whatsoever, in the past year and a half.

They say it's an airborne disease - then I should have had it by now. Maybe more than once. Maybe should have had severe symptoms. Maybe should have died. (Lord knows some posters were hoping for that.)

Instead? Nothing.

I'm beginning to think that it takes a lot of prolonged exposure to get it, because by what everyone keeps saying, I should have definitely had it by now. I'm beginning to think it has to do with surfaces, which people believed at first, but no longer believe. I believe the ridiculous amount of Vit D I'm getting has something to do with it, which apparently many have never believed.

Am I some wonder human? No. I just follow the simple rules that were taught to me as a kid.

"You don't need to touch everything you see."
"Wash your hands before you eat."
"Wash your hands after coughing or blowing your nose."
"Cover your face when you cough/sneeze."
"Go outside, you're not going to sit in this house all day watching tv or playing video games."
"No, you may not have sugar laden snacks and cereal."
"No, we will not get pizza for dinner, we are eating a home cooked meal."

etc.

I added on 'staying away from people' and 'using my sleeve' to touch door knobs, handles, pin pads, etc after an 8th grade science experiment that grossed me out forever on.

I don't go to the doctor. The last time I went was for a broken ankle, almost 2 decades ago.

I truly believe that for those without pre-existing conditions, or advanced age, the answer is in there, somewhere.

As for Trump - I have stated numerous times that I never backed him on the warp speed nonsense. I rated him a B+ in a thread, based on that, and a few other things he pushed that I did not like.

When he held a rally in Alabama, the audience booed when he talked about getting the vaccine. Many Trump supporters are not trusting this, and I can tell you the sole reason behind that:

Because this was politicized, almost immediately, by the Dem party.

We already didn't trust them, we already didn't trust the media, they were already caught in many, many lies. But now, suddenly, we're supposed to trust them, blindly?

They won't allow alternative treatments - shoot them down with stupid headlines like 'horse medicine'. And people expect us to have faith in them when things like Ivermectin have not only been used on humans for a variety of things, but is PART OF THE WHO'S 'ESSENTIAL MEDICINES' list. You will notice that the media never said a thing about that.

When you have people pushing and pushing and pushing for one thing, and one thing only, then you need to stop and question, 'What is the motive?' Because I do not believe for one second that it has to do with 'keeping me from being sick'. Were they truly interested in that, they would not stifle nor squash all other studies, all other 'experts', all other treatments that HAVE been working.

Old 09-08-2021, 08:15 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
Give that man some Ivermectin before its too late. Shouldn't have gotten the vaxx, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies