Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 03:19 PM

18,420 posts, read 8,249,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/ho...n-afghanistan/

Read the entire data.

Yet again an epic fail by the poster to not get the valid facts..
Embellish all you wish, just be sure to follow up with an accurate source..
say what?......Read the entire link you posted....there is no way you read your entire link and posted that

Yet again an epic fail by you....to not even read it all....slam all you wish, just be sure to read it all

"Also, the estimate of 100 to 200 Americans remaining does not include U.S. legal permanent residents, or green card holders, State Department spokesman Ned Price confirmed in a Sept. 1 press briefing. He said he was not able to provide “a firm figure as to how many LPRs may be in Afghanistan who wish to leave.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 03:42 PM

26,445 posts, read 15,041,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/ho...n-afghanistan/

Read the entire data.

Yet again an epic fail by the poster to not get the valid facts..
Embellish all you wish, just be sure to follow up with an accurate source..
You aren't embarrassed at all over spinning and BSing this debacle over and over again?

Old 09-05-2021, 03:47 PM

12,932 posts, read 9,456,114 times
I suppose Biden, Blinken, and Milley will want to pay some huge ransom.

Old 09-05-2021, 03:55 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,636,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
I can't wait to see how the administration will spin this one.
They already covered their ignorance. "It’s not our fault, they wanted to stay behind".

Old 09-05-2021, 04:04 PM

947 posts, read 296,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
probably loading pallets of unmarked cash right now......what's a few more $trillion.....right?
You beat me to it. How will we ever really know what Biden has handed over for the hostages? He'll do it in the dark of night, like Obama did, without prior permission from Congress, and this time, he might get away with it.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:06 PM

17,315 posts, read 14,596,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I heard this guy a few hours ago on FOX. Pallets of money (that was an Obama issue, remember?) and planes on the runway are complete BS.

Airport isn't operational b/c Taliban hasn't the skill and has asked Turkey for help.
There are no planes loaded with passengers sitting on the runway at the Kabul airport at this time.

It's a shame we have politicians spewing crap over the airwaves, because the reality of the situation is bad enough. Embellishing with half-truths and outright lies and misrepresentations diminishes the credibility of anyone concerned about the reality on the ground.

More on the issue, here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+...nt=firefox-b-1

As I've repeatedly posted on this board, our permanent withdrawal from Afghanistan should never have taken place and is and will prove to be a monumental national and international security blunder.

We will rue the day we ever implemented Trump's plan. Biden should have nixed the whole deal. Afghanistan is one of those places where we will always require some level of troop presence - as all his military advisors counseled.
1. It’s not the Kabul airport.

2. Why not at least read the CBS link that’s in this thread before commenting?

Old 09-05-2021, 04:07 PM

25,568 posts, read 56,441,988 times
I heard this guy a few hours ago on FOX. Pallets of money (that was an Obama issue, remember?) and planes on the runway are complete BS.

Airport isn't operational b/c Taliban hasn't the skill and has asked Turkey for help.
Quote:
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said on Sunday that repairs need to be made at Kabul airport before it can be reopened to civilian flights. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told Al Jazeera that they are now working on securing and operating the airport.

https://indianexpress.com/article/wo...lines-7480907/
There are no planes loaded with passengers sitting on the runway at the Kabul airport at this time.

It's a shame we have politicians spewing crap over the airwaves, because the reality of the situation is bad enough. Embellishing with half-truths and outright lies and misrepresentations diminishes the credibility of anyone concerned about the reality on the ground.

More on the issue, here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+...nt=firefox-b-1

As I've repeatedly posted on this board, our permanent withdrawal from Afghanistan should never have taken place and is and will prove to be a monumental national and international security blunder.

We will rue the day we ever implemented Trump's plan. Biden should have nixed the whole deal. Afghanistan is one of those places where we will always require some level of troop presence - as all his military advisors counseled.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:08 PM

26,445 posts, read 15,041,601 times
Jen "1984" Psaki was already indignant that some considered Americans to be stranded in Afghanistan.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:26 PM

15,799 posts, read 6,516,585 times
It would be a mistake to send them money because that will just come back to bite the current administration politically. Stalemate. We could start sending aid to the opposition groups if the Taliban won't budge on this issue.

Old 09-05-2021, 04:34 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,645,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
show of hands.....who didn't see this coming?

"MCCAUL: I understand. Zero. And, in fact, we have six airplanes at Mazar Sharif Airport, six airplanes with American citizens on them as I speak, also with these interpreters, and the Taliban is holding them hostage for demands right now. They — we — the state has cleared these flights and the Taliban will not let them leave the airport. So, I’m sorry, the answer to your question is zero. And that’s my concern is they’re going to demand more and more, whether it be cash or legitimacy as the government of Afghanistan."

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...llies-hostage/
Of course it was going to happen. The only ones who did not see this coming were Biden and liberals.

The Biden Afghanistan disaster will have many long lasting consequences for the United States. One wonders whether that was the plan of the democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies