Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 01:49 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So, why did the hospital grant the exemption then? Seems flimsy to me. Maybe they just didnt want to loose her as a nurse?
There are reasons to get a religious exemption that don't involve abortion. The state cannot come between a person, their conscience, and their God. If they have a sincerely held belief the vaccine is not the right choice for them, they should not be compelled. Often, a person can get a letter from their religious leader vouching for their sincerity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 01:59 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
So, why did the hospital grant the exemption then? Seems flimsy to me. Maybe they just didnt want to loose her as a nurse?
Why does the exemption have to be because of the abortion angle?

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...tion-confusion

Quote:
Of the major religions practiced in the United States, only the Church of Christ, Scientist (whose adherents are known as "Christian Scientists") and the Dutch Reformed Church are the two religious groups that openly discourage vaccination.
Why didn't you just google "what religions forbid vaccination" ???????

Old 09-06-2021, 02:06 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
There are reasons to get a religious exemption that don't involve abortion. The state cannot come between a person, their conscience, and their God. If they have a sincerely held belief the vaccine is not the right choice for them, they should not be compelled. Often, a person can get a letter from their religious leader vouching for their sincerity.
If I claim to be my own God, I doubt that would earn me an exemption - freedom of religion is a joke.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:09 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,203,799 times
Quote:
In the legal sense, a 'fetus' is a separate and real life...

In cases where a person murders a pregnant woman, TWO COUNTS of murder are imposed...In order to impose a murder count, it MUST be a real human life. Its that simple.

Ive seen a case where a drunk driver hit and killed a pregnant woman and he was charged with TWO counts.

A fetus cannot be a real life in one case and not in another, its either/or.
I'll need you to link us up with some facts to back your psychobabble spin. While you are searching pay attention to personhood as it applies in Roe. You can't be taken seriously if you don't speak the proper words. Words have meaning. Use them correctly or lose. Or just lose anyway based on your false concept. Have a nice day

Old 09-06-2021, 05:29 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Religious choices can be strange to the rest of us. The Amish get blood tests at our hospital lab, but they bring their own blood draw equipment with them. I have no idea why.

Old 09-06-2021, 05:35 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
I first heard my dad say that all 3 vaccines contained fetal stem cells from abortions...but when I asked 4 separate doctors and 3 pharmacists, they told me only the Phfizer vaccine used technology derived from abortion...

Fast forward to yesterday, I found out a friend of mine who is an RN at a large hospital was granted a 'religious exemption' so she does not have to get the vaccine in order to keep her job...

I cannot understand why the hospital would grant the religious exemption if the vaccines did not contain abortion material?
Did you ask your "friend" on what basis she sought a religious exemption?

Old 09-06-2021, 06:06 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
You know a post is junk when it contains words like child/baby/person to describe a fetus. Time for brunch, I am still torn between scrambled or sunny side up chickens

What in your estimation is the fundamental difference between a child and a fetus?

If one is a person and the other a non-person, what quality/characteristic does the person have that the non-person does not?

Old 09-06-2021, 06:21 PM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't know the lady's religion -- the Catholic church has said to go ahead and get the vaccine....but not sure some of the more right leaning churches in the USA have.
What's a "right leaning church" and why would someone have to belong to one in order to claim a religious exemption to the vaccine mandates?

Old 09-06-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why does the exemption have to be because of the abortion angle?

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...tion-confusion

Why didn't you just google "what religions forbid vaccination" ???????
It doesn't even have to be a vaccination issue. Allowing a foreign substance of any kind into your body could be a really big deal.

Old 09-06-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
If I claim to be my own God, I doubt that would earn me an exemption - freedom of religion is a joke.
As long as you don't seem insincere about it, no reason it shouldn't hold up. Better live it, though, if you're going to claim it. Get your ducks in a row before you try it, and don't leave anything out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies