Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 09:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

I first heard my dad say that all 3 vaccines contained fetal stem cells from abortions...but when I asked 4 separate doctors and 3 pharmacists, they told me only the Phfizer vaccine used technology derived from abortion...

Fast forward to yesterday, I found out a friend of mine who is an RN at a large hospital was granted a 'religious exemption' so she does not have to get the vaccine in order to keep her job...

I cannot understand why the hospital would grant the religious exemption if the vaccines did not contain abortion material?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 10:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I first heard my dad say that all 3 vaccines contained fetal stem cells from abortions...but when I asked 4 separate doctors and 3 pharmacists, they told me only the Phfizer vaccine used technology derived from abortion...

Fast forward to yesterday, I found out a friend of mine who is an RN at a large hospital was granted a 'religious exemption' so she does not have to get the vaccine in order to keep her job...

I cannot understand why the hospital would grant the religious exemption if the vaccines did not contain abortion material?
https://www.liveaction.org/news/vacc...MaAiUGEALw_wcB
This confusion arises due to the fact that cells from aborted children have been used to grow vaccines. In the 1960s, two women chose abortion for their children, though not for the purpose of creating a vaccine. Two cell lines, WI-38 in 1961 and MRC-5 in 1965, were created from the remains of those children, and scientists used those cell lines to grow the viruses or bacteria necessary to develop certain vaccines (such as rubella [MMR vaccine], Hepatitis A, and varicella). The viruses are then removed from the cell lines before being placed into a vaccine, so the viruses are cultured — or grown — in cell lines from aborted children. Previously, scientists used animal cell lines, but human viruses don’t grow as well in animal cell lines.

Vaccines, if they contain any fetal cells at all, do not do so by design. Dr. Paul Offitt, director of Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania’s (CHOP) Vaccine Education Center, told ABC News, “There are perhaps nanograms of DNA fragments still found in the vaccine, perhaps billionths of a gram. You would find as much if you analyzed the fruits and vegetables you eat.” Other researchers posit that these tiny fragments may do more damage than is currently thought, and conduct research in this area. However, there is, at this point, no definitive evidence.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/yo...ed-fetal-cells
When it comes to the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, fetal cell line HEK 293 was used during the research and development phase. All HEK 293 cells are descended from tissue taken from a 1973 abortion that took place in the Netherlands. Using fetal cell lines to test the effectiveness and safety of medications is common practice, because they provide a consistent and well-documented standard.

For the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, fetal cell lines were used in the production and manufacturing stage. To make the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, scientists infect PER.C6 fetal cell lines to grow the adenovirus vector. (Learn more about how viral vector vaccines work.) All PER.C6 cells used to manufacture the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are descended from tissue taken from a 1985 abortion that took place in the Netherlands. This cell line is used because it is a well-studied industry standard for safe and reliable production of viral vector vaccines.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
https://www.liveaction.org/news/vacc...MaAiUGEALw_wcB
This confusion arises due to the fact that cells from aborted children have been used to grow vaccines. In the 1960s, two women chose abortion for their children, though not for the purpose of creating a vaccine. Two cell lines, WI-38 in 1961 and MRC-5 in 1965, were created from the remains of those children, and scientists used those cell lines to grow the viruses or bacteria necessary to develop certain vaccines (such as rubella [MMR vaccine], Hepatitis A, and varicella). The viruses are then removed from the cell lines before being placed into a vaccine, so the viruses are cultured — or grown — in cell lines from aborted children. Previously, scientists used animal cell lines, but human viruses don’t grow as well in animal cell lines.

Vaccines, if they contain any fetal cells at all, do not do so by design. Dr. Paul Offitt, director of Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania’s (CHOP) Vaccine Education Center, told ABC News, “There are perhaps nanograms of DNA fragments still found in the vaccine, perhaps billionths of a gram. You would find as much if you analyzed the fruits and vegetables you eat.” Other researchers posit that these tiny fragments may do more damage than is currently thought, and conduct research in this area. However, there is, at this point, no definitive evidence.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/yo...ed-fetal-cells
When it comes to the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, fetal cell line HEK 293 was used during the research and development phase. All HEK 293 cells are descended from tissue taken from a 1973 abortion that took place in the Netherlands. Using fetal cell lines to test the effectiveness and safety of medications is common practice, because they provide a consistent and well-documented standard.

For the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, fetal cell lines were used in the production and manufacturing stage. To make the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, scientists infect PER.C6 fetal cell lines to grow the adenovirus vector. (Learn more about how viral vector vaccines work.) All PER.C6 cells used to manufacture the Johnson & Johnson vaccine are descended from tissue taken from a 1985 abortion that took place in the Netherlands. This cell line is used because it is a well-studied industry standard for safe and reliable production of viral vector vaccines.
So, why did the hospital grant the exemption then? Seems flimsy to me. Maybe they just didnt want to loose her as a nurse?

Old 09-06-2021, 10:39 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
So, why did the hospital grant the exemption then? Seems flimsy to me. Maybe they just didnt want to loose her as a nurse?
What you accept into your body is a component of many religions.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
You'd have to ask them.

Many institutions/places are adopting policies formally but not enforcing them.

I don't know the lady's religion -- the Catholic church has said to go ahead and get the vaccine....but not sure some of the more right leaning churches in the USA have.

Old 09-06-2021, 10:57 AM

2,136 posts, read 1,207,283 times
You know a post is junk when it contains words like child/baby/person to describe a fetus. Time for brunch, I am still torn between scrambled or sunny side up chickens

Old 09-06-2021, 11:02 AM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
OP, with a quick online search - and as you should to expect - you will have two sets of opposing information.
One will tell you yes, there are fetal cells in those vaccines in question. VERY reputable people.
Others will tell you - there are no fetal cells in vaccines. VERY reputable people.

Purpose is - to leave you confused.

This will be followed by :
1. quoting #1 people
2. quoting #2 people, based on poster personal preference.

Old 09-06-2021, 11:04 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,549,026 times
Quote:

Why must the two things be related? Do you think that all decisions made are made for a cohesive base? I don't know the details behind the hospital's decision, but I doubt that the use of stem cells (approved for use in at least ten different drugs around the globe) was the basis for their decision. More than likely the hospital is run by a religious group.

As for the use of stem cells, Pfizer has published their policy on stem cell research, and note that stem cells come not only from abortive fetuses: https://www.pfizer.com/science/clini...m-cellresearch

Old 09-06-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
You know a post is junk when it contains words like child/baby/person to describe a fetus. Time for brunch, I am still torn between scrambled or sunny side up chickens
In the legal sense, a 'fetus' is a separate and real life...

In cases where a person murders a pregnant woman, TWO COUNTS of murder are imposed...In order to impose a murder count, it MUST be a real human life. Its that simple.

Ive seen a case where a drunk driver hit and killed a pregnant woman and he was charged with TWO counts.

A fetus cannot be a real life in one case and not in another, its either/or.

Old 09-06-2021, 11:47 AM

539 posts, read 241,176 times
Okay I am a pentecostal and I also believe in the sanctity of life and yes in our faith and belief the shot is spiritual death so I can understand how the hospital would see that as a religious exemption . Unless your dr is a christian of course they are going to tell you that there is no component in the shot of any fetal /abortion what have you . My dr is a christian and he attends my church as well .Sorry but just my take and please dont attack me for what I believe .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies