Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 08:38 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I stopped caring that the gullible are taking Ivermectin for COVID-19. It's a placebo effect. People do stupid things every day.
The current protocol for Covid early treatment is NOTHING. The placebo effect is actually real and significant, and can save lives. Ivermectin and vitamins, at dosages recommended by doctors, hasn't been shown to harm. So, if they are going out of their way to block even a placebo, they are not saving as many people as they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 08:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
It's just odd. We have an opioid catastrophe in this country, yet I can't remember the pharmacists and doctor's organizations taking a 'principled' stand like this. Oh right! Because they were COMPLICIT.

Is it clear that the AMA, and others, are pharma shills yet? It should be.

Where's Bernie, anyway? Isn't his schtick to bash the pharmaceutical companies and their corruption?
Probably because opioids have a long history of being efficient and effective pain meds. Ivermectin cannot make that same claim when it comes to COVID-19.

Simple.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:51 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Probably because opioids have a long history of being efficient and effective pain meds. Ivermectin cannot make that same claim when it comes to COVID-19.

Simple.
Opioids also have a long history of being dangerously addictive. For years, they were prescribing these things like candy, at the behest of Pharma companies. My teens got them for dental work! I refused. Dental pain can be handled by OTC drugs. No way would I let that be a gateway for future addiction.

Ivermectin's efficacy is open for debate. My doctor thinks it can help, in combination with several other things, when given early.

Ivermectin is given for 5 days. It is not addictive, and is safer than Tylenol at the correct dosage. I just don't see the reason for this aggressive campaign.

There is almost no downside. The upside is: either it helps, or the placebo effect. How is that bad?

Covid has several phases. The first one is the viral replication phase. That is when they treat it with 'the kitchen sink (drug and vitamin cocktails) to try to interrupt that phase. After that, it attacks your organs. Whether vaccinated or not, why would anyone want to just let the virus replicate??

Old 09-09-2021, 08:52 AM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Funny how the same organization the AMA wants to limit treatment wanted to limit the number of doctors by limiting residency slots. They literally don't want to compete or competition. That has created/festered a contrived market for doctors and patients. They even frown upon expanding some practices; in the name of patient safety.

So when their sugar daddy Big Pharma calls and says no competition for the vaxxes it's not a leap or special request.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...ot-government/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...enough-doctors

Limited or limiting patient care and/or health care availability is nothing new for the A M A

Old 09-09-2021, 09:16 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Couldn't rep you again, yet.

Is there are projected end date for the Oxford PRINCIPLE trial that you're aware of?
Anytime you see that Bryant meta-analysis quoted you'll know that there are flawed studies in it.

I looked on the principle website and didn't see any completion date. Looks like they are still recruiting participants.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:33 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Opioids also have a long history of being dangerously addictive. For years, they were prescribing these things like candy, at the behest of Pharma companies. My teens got them for dental work! I refused. Dental pain can be handled by OTC drugs. No way would I let that be a gateway for future addiction.

Ivermectin's efficacy is open for debate. My doctor thinks it can help, in combination with several other things, when given early.

Ivermectin is given for 5 days. It is not addictive, and is safer than Tylenol at the correct dosage. I just don't see the reason for this aggressive campaign.

There is almost no downside. The upside is: either it helps, or the placebo effect. How is that bad?

Covid has several phases. The first one is the viral replication phase. That is when they treat it with 'the kitchen sink (drug and vitamin cocktails) to try to interrupt that phase. After that, it attacks your organs. Whether vaccinated or not, why would anyone want to just let the virus replicate??
Because when we achieve naturally based, herd immunity, then they will not be able to justify their fear and control tactics.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:

Addictive properties don't figure in until AFTER the medication is deemed effective for the application in question, though.

If it doesn't work - there's no need to worry about whether it's addictive or not.

Old 09-09-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Anytime you see that Bryant meta-analysis quoted you'll know that there are flawed studies in it.

I looked on the principle website and didn't see any completion date. Looks like they are still recruiting participants.
Same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies