Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 09:48 PM

48 posts, read 102,981 times

Advertisements

After reading several pages of these posts, one of the first exclamations that comes to mind is: Amazing!
I find it absolutely absurd that anyone could be against two people in love being together and find it "unnatural", "disgusting" or anything else. It is really a symbol that the world view here in this country is "sex" based and not "love" based. God is not about sex, but about love and I find it counter-intuitive for so-called Christians to be against gay marriage. In fact, I wouldn't call them Christian at all, but rather religious fanatics and extremists picking and choosing which parts of the bible's teachings to get their panties in an uproar about. I mean, greed and excess are okay for most bible thumping Christians.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:49 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
I believe the impact of the California court decision will rather quickly become a national issue as all the legal aspects of marriage will be challenged outside California. Not sure why the Massachusetts court limited gay marriage to state residents since heterosexual marriages are open to out of state couples.

The fact that the high court applied the constitution means the Republican's initiative will be an attempt to stop what has already been done [huge # of marriages] & challenges to force the court to get involved, once again. That's if the Republicans can prevail & recent polls in California show support of gay marriage by 52% & opposition to gays at 36% [the rest undecided]. Gay money is considerable in California & $ from the national gay community will put the issue before Californians. I have no doubt that the initiative will fail [and show the rest of America that Republicans are in the minority [forever

Old 05-16-2008, 09:49 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
What the hell are you talking about, you are the one that claimed they were being harrassed by my hypothetical response, stating, things that other kids would naturally say!
Interestingly enough, kids who are not taught that homosexuality is bad or weird don't do such taunting. I wonder from where comes the idea that gay parents and their kids are OK to taunt... hmmm...

Quote:
Kids harrass one another about alot of things, but of course when it comes to homosexuls their must be hate involved! See there is the problem, its everybody elses fault homosexuals have such a hard time!"no pun intended"
I didn't mention hate. Save that shpiel for the poster who did.

The entire line of questions about where responsibility falls regarding the taunting of homosexuals' kids that you brought up comes from here: See the bolded part in a post you made earlier:

Quote:
Wow AVID bodybuilders, I did not need that visual! Look, I am sure you are quite manly, if you would get over yourself for one moment and stop being so hypersensitive and look at the context of my RESPONSE, the point was what little boy 8,9,10,11-18 year old is going to want to turn out for football or any thing else where he is put in the position (by two selfish, self centered homosexuals), of constantly having to explain who his dad is and who the other guy is and where is your mom and you mean you never had a mom and so do they sleep together, etc.. etc....... Get Real and lighten up, or spend your life going around labeling everyone else a bigot and hatefull, its your choice!
From that post it stems that you blame homosexuals for their kids' possibly rough time growing up and you don't blame the heterosexuals and how they teach their children and the resulting interaction between the kids. This was my point in the last few posts that you have been avoiding answering directly. When kids see their parents make disparaging comments about homosexuals then they also make such comments because they consider them OK to make.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
No! I will tell you what, Honestly, I dont play cards! and as I stated earlier, much to your dismay, I dont give a rats ass if you got 6 guys bunking in the same bed, thats your business. Yes I have a problem with States officially recognizing and certifying homosexuals as married, it is just one more step to trying to normalize something that isnt normal,
Prove it (in a qualitative sense, not quantitative).

Quote:
[isn't] good,
Prove it.

Quote:
[isn't] healthy
Prove it.

Quote:
[isn't] productive.
What productivity are you talking about?

Old 05-16-2008, 09:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockj View Post
After reading several pages of these posts, one of the first exclamations that comes to mind is: Amazing!
I find it absolutely absurd that anyone could be against two people in love being together and find it "unnatural", "disgusting" or anything else. It is really a symbol that the world view here in this country is "sex" based and not "love" based. God is not about sex, but about love and I find it counter-intuitive for so-called Christians to be against gay marriage. In fact, I wouldn't call them Christian at all, but rather religious fanatics and extremists picking and choosing which parts of the bible's teachings to get their panties in an uproar about. I mean, greed and excess are okay for most bible thumping Christians.
I know.. totally amazing that people still have religious believes, or even personal believes about what "marriage" consists of in todays day and age.

As for your "greed and excesses" are ok comment, you obviously have done little if any research on the amount of money that religious individuals give away.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:56 PM

48 posts, read 102,981 times
But do they really need that SUV? or how about the Porsche one preacher I know drives? It's the day to day excesses I'm talking about. The religious and non-religious give away a lot of money, fortunately.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
But do they really need that SUV? or how about the Porsche one preacher I know drives? It's the day to day excesses I'm talking about. The religious and non-religious give away a lot of money, fortunately.
And who cares if they NEED that SUV or Porsche? until they ask you to pay for it, its no more your business what they do with their money, then who they are sleeping with..

Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I know.. totally amazing that people still have religious believes, or even personal believes about what "marriage" consists of in todays day and age.
Interestingly enough not all of those religious beliefs about marriage match.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:05 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
Quote:
*curious* What part of the "Bible's teaching" do you find contradictory in terms of homosexuality? Interesting that you "wouldn't call them Christians at all" when it seems (correct me if I am wrong) who have nothing but contempt for the same.

Also, seems like you by default acknowledge that Christians TRY and live up to a higher moral standard than what you accept for yourself. A point in our favor, reckon?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:05 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And who cares if they NEED that SUV or Porsche? until they ask you to pay for it, its no more your business what they do with their money, then who they are sleeping with..
its called responsibility.. just because you have enough money to buy things and use them doesn't make you exempt from being able to pass on the "other costs" associated with your purchases to others.. like ruining the environment.. polluting the air we breathe, using up natural resources..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.