Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 11:17 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
what makes you think god wrote the bible? how can you prove that? we could all sit around and write crap down as if we were god or KNOW what "god" wants... and perhaps some ignorant society will get ahold of it 2000 years later and make it truth....
if you can't find the truth... make it up..... seems to be good enough to spoon feed the likes of you in what to believe... if only you'd question the bible and its authenticity as much as you question everything else you don't agree with...
Well, when you study the Bible, it is VERY APPARENT that God wrote it.

First, the Bible had 66 books, it was written by about 40 different human writers who lived over a period of about 1600+ years, from all walks of life, most never knowing each other. Books written by men have no unity of thought on even one subject. The Bible has perfect unity between the books of the Bible -- which speak of hundreds of subjects in many fields. There is no contradiction among them.

FACT:
No one has ever successfully refuted the Bible. Many mock the Bible but avoid challenging it point by point. No one who has done in-depth research, honestly examining the evidence for the Bible's inspiration and truthfulness, has been able to disprove the Bible.

FACT:
Hundreds of prophecies of future events were recorded in the Bible -- some of them centuries before fulfillment -- and not one detail of any of them has ever failed!

I can go on and on but maybe you should read this:
CLICK HERE

Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Your god is not my god, nor everyone elses god. Are you saying that your god is the god and the only one to worship? How egocentric. Stop pushing your religion around. That is the problem with many christians, they think that everybody else is believing in a fake religion and that theirs is the only true one. That thought has caused so much turmoil in the world, just give it up.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:23 PM

[quote=boiseguy;3867697]you don't have to accept it... but you do have to tolerate it... because we all have to tolerate each other in this world...
/QUOTE]

I don't have to "tolerate" evil and evil behavior. I have the duty and right to speak out against it.

When you see someone being raped or abused, do you say "oh well, I don't have to accept it, but I have to tolerate it"?

Homosexuality is a DESTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR, both to the person itself, their soul & society around them. No different than adultery, it is destructive to the person, their spouse, their kids, their family and society.

If you don't think so, then take a walk into a foster home, or a broken home due to divorce because of infidelity. Lives shattered, people hurt and scarred for life.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Personally I think god should stay out of this issue altogether...I do notice that the bigots always seem to bring god into every argument...I can only conclude that religion creates and condones bigotry.

Lbear ....All young people have sex...They have always had sex, and it has nothing whatever to do with gay marriage.
Who on this board are "bigots?"

Old 05-23-2008, 11:27 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Well, when you study the Bible, it is VERY APPARENT that God wrote it.

First, the Bible had 66 books, it was written by about 40 different human writers who lived over a period of about 1600+ years, from all walks of life, most never knowing each other. Books written by men have no unity of thought on even one subject. The Bible has perfect unity between the books of the Bible -- which speak of hundreds of subjects in many fields. There is no contradiction among them.

FACT:
No one has ever successfully refuted the Bible. Many mock the Bible but avoid challenging it point by point. No one who has done in-depth research, honestly examining the evidence for the Bible's inspiration and truthfulness, has been able to disprove the Bible.

FACT:
Hundreds of prophecies of future events were recorded in the Bible -- some of them centuries before fulfillment -- and not one detail of any of them has ever failed!

I can go on and on but maybe you should read this:
CLICK HERE

You are again off topic...The issue is gay marriage. Reading posts by you and other christians I have to conclude that in fact god is the bigot and teaches his followers the same.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Your god is not my god, nor everyone elses god. Are you saying that your god is the god and the only one to worship? How egocentric. Stop pushing your religion around. That is the problem with many christians, they think that everybody else is believing in a fake religion and that theirs is the only true one. That thought has caused so much turmoil in the world, just give it up.

Communism's core belief is that there is no God. Atheism has brought MILLIONS to death. History proves this.

There is only ONE GOD. You are a polytheist and believe in many gods.

I am NOT pushing a RELIGION. Believing in the God of the Bible does NOT require money or church attendance.

Sin brings death. We all will die. God offers a FREE GIFT.

"Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve." (I Corinthians 15:3-5)

Christ DIED for our sins. Believe on what Christ has done and be saved. Simple! Salvation is NOT by our works or good deeds. It is by what Jesus Christ has done on the cross!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
You are again off topic...The issue is gay marriage. Reading posts by you and other christians I have to conclude that in fact god is the bigot and teaches his followers the same.
I am 100% on topic. You are stating gay marriage should be allowed. I am stating that it should NOT and the reason is that God says it is wrong to practice the sinful behavior of homosexuality.

You mock God and you will stand before Him when you die. You will die and when you stand before Almighty God and the Bible says that EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW. You will regret your words, my friend, I promise you this.

God HATES sinful destructive behavior. That includes homosexuality, adultery, pre-marital sex, lying, stealing, etc.

Gay marriage is wrong because being gay is wrong. Plain & simple.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:35 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
LBear....How are gays loving each other and wanting to get married a sin?..Answer if you think you can stop your infernal preaching and get back to the topic, otherwise don't bother.

Edit to say never mind...You will just say god said so....meaningless to me.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
LBear....How are gays loving each other and wanting to get married a sin?..Answer if you think you can stop your infernal preaching and get back to the topic, otherwise don't bother.
Once again, it is a SIN because God says it is a SIN.
I am not using "my opinion", I am using God's Word to show you WHY it is wrong. God's Word is pure and absolute.

Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

Romans 1:27
Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:46 PM

182 posts, read 927,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There you bring the race thing into it again. If I was a black man I would be very offended by you comparing your sexual behavior to the color of my skin. They are apples and oranges and there is no valid comparison.
But by your own words, one can see that you are not a black man and have no right to speak for any black as black is not the color of your skin. And it is more offensive that you would deem yourself fit to speak for a race and culture and people that you are not one of. This is highly offensive to all peoples, all races, all nationalities, all cultures, all beliefs. This is most offensive and most arrogant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies