Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2008, 05:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Love never faileth, bchris02. Love should be treasured and celebrated, not the call for hellfire by people who claim to be Christian.
Right. I wish more Christians on the right would act like the Ten Commandments is something to take seriously. Thou shalt not commit adultery, for instance, is one of those commandments.

However, since the Ten Commandments usually can NOT be found posted prominently anywhere in their churches, I don't find it too hard to understand why they don't take the Ten Commandments all that seriously. Oh, well, I guess they think the government, via public schools and courthouses, should be held accountable for the posting of the Ten Commandments, not the churches.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:24 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukwoo View Post
I agree, its an abomination and against the word of God that in this country its still legal to eat shrimp! God Hates Shrimp
WOW! all these years, I never new Homosexuals related themselves with Shrimp!! I suddenly have a distaste for seafood.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:33 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Well not all like fish.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:34 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,949,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
WOW! all these years, I never new Homosexuals related themselves with Shrimp!! I suddenly have a distaste for seafood.
That's right, only if we renounce the wickedness in our society and follow ALL of God's prohibitions, not just a few selected ones, will we be a righteous society. Furthermore, we must not only ban homosexuality, eating of shrimp, children cursing their parents, picking up sticks or any other kind of labor on the Sabbath, but we must punish these sins by DEATH.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:40 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,549,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Its amazing that with all the problems our nation is facing right now instead of turning to God we continue to shake our fists at Him. God is not so easily mocked. There is soon coming a time, if it isn't already here, that God will turn His back on America in the same way we have turned our backs on Him.

How true! I am convinced He has already turned His back on us. And what takes place in November will be the cincher.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
It will be appealed.
can it be appealed beyond the CA supreme court? i don't think so.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:00 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Yes, of course it can.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:02 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You seem to approve of judges making law when it suits you. Whether I approve of gay marriage is irrelevant. Judges should not be making law.

the judges are not "making" law. they are deciding the constitutionality of the statewide ban on same sex marriage in CA. that is their role in a democracy. the legislature and/or the executive branch must now act to make it a reality and compliant with the CA constitution.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:04 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times
In the beginning, It was so hard for my family to accept me for who I am. They are devoutly religious and our culture is very family oriented. Letting go of that secret really freed me to be myself, for the first time in my life. Of course that was years ago and today they embrace me and my bf with loving arms.

One day he gave me a platinum band-totally caught me off guard. I picked him up from work around 7ish and we drove down to Ocean Beach to walk our dog and see the sunset. We'd been through a lot and by this point, knew every thing about each other. He's not usually the sensitive type(except when any St Louis teams lose), in fact, we are complete opposites in so many ways, but I love him and I'm in love with him and I know he feels the same way-sparks fly when we're together. Anyway, We'd been together for 2 years and our relationship was, well is, beautiful. We had reached the end of the beach and he stopped me and told me he had something for me and this happened to be when there was no one around. I asked him what this meant and he told me that "It means that you belong to me and I belong to you, if you'll have me?". I stood there starring at this blue-eyed, blonde headed white boy from Missouri and realized for the first time that this is who I was meant to be with. Without any hesitation, I said yes.

When people come around and decide that its okay for us to officially get married, that will be a great occasion.

But I will never forget, that evening on the beach in San Francisco when before God and our Dog, me and my boyfriend, got married.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:04 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
It will not happen. The governor is against any more energy on this issue. Twice the state legislators passed gay marriage & twice Schwarzenegger veto'd it saying he would let the State Court decide.

The only people against it are Republicans who continue to show huge losses in California.

This is a done deal since marriage licenses will be issued to gays starting in June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies