Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 03:48 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times

Advertisements

“The mother” is apparently the best (objective) source for the story…LoL

Anyway from my experience with students, that was probably a kind of game: students take off their mask, teacher scolds them, they put the mask back on, only to remove it later when the teacher turns around…Some teachers probably had enough on this nonsense. Keeping the class engaged, teaching and dealing with these annoying games may be too much.

But who knows what really happened? there are thousands of similar stories from all over the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 03:49 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,712,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Children are fine wearing masks. The problem is the adults who act more childish than they do.
You mean like when teachers tape masks to students faces?

Quote:

Totally. But we've swung to the opposite side of the spectrum where when a kids freaking out the teachers are to just get the rest of the kids out of the room and let the one acting out destroy the room; which is wrong. Ultimately it comes down to all the **** excuses for parents we have; which isn't a popular subject. Teachers are just supposed to serve the parents needs with their kids... and don't like it when the teachers use their backbones.
And parents don't like teachers who turn their classrooms into "My Way or the Highway" dictatorship when it comes to dealing with their kids. Just because they are THE TEACHER.

Quote:
When I have kids they're not doing detention. I've always had this opinion. I'm not changing my day to go later in the day to pick them up.

Instead the school can just inform me of problems. They can serve detention at home.
So you spend practically the entire post, blaming the parents. Saying that the parents don't respect the teacher when the teachers show a little backbone. Then turn around and say that when you have children, you going to ignore the rules of the school in terms of their policies and do exactly what you want. Yep...I guess it really is the parents that are the problem..

Old 09-07-2021, 04:00 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
So many lunatics out there, putting tape all over a student's face because he forgot to put a mask on?
I would have used staples...

Old 09-07-2021, 05:56 PM

864 posts, read 440,330 times
Quote:
Sorta.

There's definitely an increase in behavioral problems.

But a lot of teachers also aren't properly trained to handle the mongrels.

When I have kids they're not doing detention. I've always had this opinion. I'm not changing my day to go later in the day to pick them up.

Instead the school can just inform me of problems. They can serve detention at home.
I honestly don’t believe what I just read. So your little mongrel with the behavior problems nobody is trained to handle or permitted even permitted to handle is completely free to terrorize the classroom and interrupt learning for the rest of the class because well you certainly aren’t going to be bothered to come handle your own kid. And that in a nutshell is exactly what’s wrong with schools today, parents with attitudes such as yours.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:00 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This is unacceptable. There may be more to this story but regardless, there is no justification for the substitute teacher’s actions. That individual should not be permitted to work with children at all in the future.
Agree. We’re hearing one side. That being said, if true then the teacher must be punished.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:07 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I would have used staples...
You probably would have ratted out Anne Frank too

Old 09-07-2021, 07:10 PM

4,393 posts, read 1,701,158 times
I work in schools now. I would never do that, and I would have a problem with anyone who tried to tape a mask on a kid. And this is coming from someone who is pretty COVID-wary.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:11 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Homeschooling is not that hard. You don't have to run your home like a public school. You can make your own lesson plans. Be creative and make it your own. Your children do not have to endure this.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joylush View Post
I honestly don’t believe what I just read. So your little mongrel with the behavior problems nobody is trained to handle or permitted even permitted to handle is completely free to terrorize the classroom and interrupt learning for the rest of the class because well you certainly aren’t going to be bothered to come handle your own kid. And that in a nutshell is exactly what’s wrong with schools today, parents with attitudes such as yours.
Exactly. 'I can't be bothered' is the reason so many kids are out of control in the first place.

LS should do society a favor and home school. Or just not have kids.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:19 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You probably would have ratted out Anne Frank too
What an odd and disturbing direction to take a thread that concerns mask wearing. Seek help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies