Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 08:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I was driving across PA yesterday, and noticed more than one "F*** Biden" flag on some houses.

First of all: Of course I've said F*** [insert politician's name here], but usually under my breath or to close friends during a conversation about politics. Not in public. I can cuss like a sailor. Not in public.

Second: Someone manufactures those flags.

Third: There is a demand for those flags.

Fourth: As I drove by one house with said flag, a 30-something male adult and two kids were playing in the yard. Whoever the adults are in that house, what kind of example are they setting for their children? Profanity is OK in public? Saying F*** anyone is OK? My mother would have slapped me into the next state if she heard me say that word (she still does, at 87 ...).

So that's a very good question. When did it become OK to spew profanity in public, and why is it OK now?
I bet those people voted Trump in 2016,

It's like saying you drove through Vermont and saw thanks Biden signs -- means absolutely nothing in the greater scheme of things.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:31 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I bet those people voted Trump in 2016,

It's like saying you drove through Vermont and saw thanks Biden signs -- means absolutely nothing in the greater scheme of things.
Who they voted for isn't the point. The public profanity is the point.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:59 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
I have heard F^ck Biden out of both democrats and republican's mouths these past few weeks. My hatred for Biden is right up there with my hatred for the Taliban so I really have no issues saying it.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:07 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
I was driving across PA yesterday, and noticed more than one "F*** Biden" flag on some houses.

First of all: Of course I've said F*** [insert politician's name here], but usually under my breath or to close friends during a conversation about politics. Not in public. I can cuss like a sailor. Not in public.

Fourth: As I drove by one house with said flag, a 30-something male adult and two kids were playing in the yard. Whoever the adults are in that house, what kind of example are they setting for their children? Profanity is OK in public? Saying F*** anyone is OK? My mother would have slapped me into the next state if she heard me say that word (she still does, at 87 ...).

So that's a very good question. When did it become OK to spew profanity in public, and why is it OK now?
As much as I don’t like Biden and have zero respect for him, I don’t condone flags or signs like this for anyone. One reason I believe is people are angry and don’t feel heard and profanity isn’t taboo anymore.

My mom would have slapped me into the next state too!

Old 09-07-2021, 09:22 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
We all need to start speaking up about biden and harris. They need to resign, before they do any more damage, to our country....if that means screaming F**k biden, then so be it.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:30 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:

It was 'normalized' by anti-American leftists who spewed a non stop stream of very public vitriol at President Trump from 2016-2020. You and yours opened the box. Now you want to close it?

Old 09-07-2021, 09:32 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,530,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
But when did we become a nation of such foul-mouthed, terribly behaved boobs?
The second the photographer snapped a picture of some D list comedian holding a fake severed head of the 45th president.

J/K. It was 1/20/2017. 217 arrested during 'mostly peaceful protests' in DC where windows were smashed and vehicles set on fire.

Old 09-07-2021, 09:40 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
It was 'normalized' by anti-American leftists who spewed a non stop stream of very public vitriol at President Trump from 2016-2020. You and yours opened the box. Now you want to close it?
Did you not read my post where I said I don't use those words in public?

Do you think anti-Trump rhetoric invented profanity? Or was the first to use it publicly?

Once again: Who voted for who isn't the point. Trump vs. Biden isn't the point. The point is: When did we as a society become so publicly profane? Why is it now OK to shout obscenities during a college football game? The OP and a few others on this thread think it's hilarious that college students are chanting profanity at a football game. Why do they think this is acceptable behavior?

Old 09-07-2021, 09:40 AM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
This is true.

There were plenty of "f..." Trump signs, flags, t-shirts, etc. and the left loved them. They would ridicule those who didn't like it and would even call them a "Karen" if someone complained about a sign because there were children that could see it.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/kar...d-sign-tiktok/

Old 09-07-2021, 09:42 AM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I get the dislike for Biden. I have a lot of contempt for him myself.

But when did we become a nation of such foul-mouthed, terribly behaved boobs?

When I was growing up my parents used to say that you can dislike the POTUS all you like but that we should ALWAYS respect the office.

Those days are long gone. Everyone has a opinion and they want the world to hear it.
Since 2 years ago

Well, when we have a middle-aged political figure like Rashida said this about Trump, then it’s reasonable for college age young adults to do the same thing

Forward to 0:17
https://youtu.be/2QQFNsOwiUA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies