Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 10:50 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,483,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Always. I've even intervened and de-escalated situations when I'm not involved. Bullies love yelling at women and young people, as though they were the ones responsible for incorrect pricing at the register or items going off sale the day before.

Be the monk. Great saying. Like 'Be the change you want to see in the world.' (NOT said by Gandhi.)
“Be the monk” is my personal mantra when dealing with stressful situations. It’s worked very well for me. To quote the awesome Dr. Dre: “some don't agree with how I do this, I get straight and meditate like a Buddhist”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 10:54 AM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Native View Post
I have never seen a white guy wear his pants that way.
LOLOL…I find that hard to believe. There are tons of them, especially in high school and college. They follow celebs, just like the young black guys often do.

White guys have been sagging pants not just due to rap but also metal. Even back when I was in high school, not only did white boys sag their pants but they would drag on the ground collecting all manner of dirt.

You’re not going to tell me that you’ve never seen Justin Beiber or Eminem with pants sagging and young white guys don’t follow them. Smh.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
LOLOL…I find that hard to believe. There are tons of them, especially in high school and college. They follow celebs, just like the young black guys often do.

White guys have been sagging pants not just due to rap but also metal. Even back when I was in high school, not only did white boys sag their pants but they would drag on the ground collecting all manner of dirt.

You’re not going to tell me that you’ve never seen Justin Beiber or Eminem with pants sagging and young white guys don’t follow them. Smh.
wearing sagging pants was the popular thing 10+ yrs ago! LOL

Fashion trends come and go fast, they dont stick around for decades.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:40 PM

15,066 posts, read 6,144,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
wearing sagging pants was the popular thing 10+ yrs ago! LOL

Fashion trends come and go fast, they dont stick around for decades.
Either way, to act like there weren’t white guys sagging their pants is silly. Plenty were and some have definitely done it more recently…

https://www.buzzfeed.com/shylawatson...-on-the-ground

Old 09-07-2021, 12:53 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,435,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Independent Voter View Post
I agree.

People are so obsessed with the way women choose to dress themselves. It's insane.
Um, what about the right of the people forced to sit next to her not wanting to be covered in her sagging skin? This has nothing to do with skin color but inconsideration on her part. If all of your body will not fit between the arm rests you should be completely covered up as in no skin showing beyond your wrists. Disgusting, I don’t want to be touching other people’s skin.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:59 PM

5,684 posts, read 4,627,226 times
This is what you get when everybody gets a "trophy"...

Old 09-07-2021, 01:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,543,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
“Be the monk” is my personal mantra when dealing with stressful situations. It’s worked very well for me. To quote the awesome Dr. Dre: “some don't agree with how I do this, I get straight and meditate like a Buddhist”.

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
This is what you get when everybody gets a "trophy"...
You get a fat trophy wife?

Old 09-07-2021, 02:22 PM

5,684 posts, read 4,627,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You get a fat trophy wife?
There's only so many good-looking trophy wives to go around.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:24 PM

12,783 posts, read 9,298,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Cover that ish up. Seats are small. Nobody wants their arm rubbing against your bare gut during a flight.

People are becoming less civilized by the day.
She wasn't exactly the type to wear such an outfit - at least 50 lbs overweight. I suppose we're not supposed ot "fat shame", but she must know she's fat - don't expose it. Doing so certainly attracts attention, but not in a good way.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:27 PM

10,160 posts, read 11,136,217 times
Attention Seeker — looking for more Ticky Tock Followers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies