Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 11:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I will watch video later, but absolutely without even watching it Portland is getting worse. Trash, tents and vagrants all over. It is sad and there is zero leadership or accountability.
So what, I've been disgusted before by crossing the street at the NW 40th and I-44 intersection in Oklahoma City and was offended by the trash and seeing apparently homeless people, probably drunks, sleeping under the overpass. When they are awake, they will beg you for money. And that area isn't even the most openly homeless part of Republican run Oklahoma City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 11:28 PM

7,106 posts, read 4,712,743 times
Portland and Seattle are swirling the drain. I have lived in both cities. Compared to what they once were, pristine, extraordinary in their beauty, clean fresh air, very low crime, desirable places to live, they have fallen into chaos, filth in many areas, high crime and dangerous. My sister who still lives near there avoids the city. Anyone who’s familiar with the downward spiral is saddened by it. I left and have no desire to ever go back.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:58 AM

9,427 posts, read 4,280,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
I love the schadenfreude from people who have never been to the city, before or after the pandemic. They are practically gushing to hear that the city is a toxic wasteland. It's all kind of sad the state of politics in this country. Both sides suck hard, including many of the posts on the first page. China will walk right over us seeing how divided we are.

You may not be aware of some inventions that allow us to know what is going on in Portland without actually being physically present. The telegraph. The telephone. Radio. TV. The internet. I suppose it's possible that your front yard in Portland looks like everything is hunky dory - but you may wish to venture out a bit more. Perhaps downtown. Alternatively, you could try keeping up with the news. Portland is a craphole. Pretending it isn't won't help the situation.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:22 AM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You may not be aware of some inventions that allow us to know what is going on in Portland without actually being physically present. The telegraph. The telephone. Radio. TV. The internet. I suppose it's possible that your front yard in Portland looks like everything is hunky dory - but you may wish to venture out a bit more. Perhaps downtown. Alternatively, you could try keeping up with the news. Portland is a craphole. Pretending it isn't won't help the situation.
I was here all last and this summer. This year it is much improved. Sure I haven't been everywhere in town.
But where do you see or feel or know of an area worse than last year?

Old 09-09-2021, 08:26 AM

30,105 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Leftist Wokesters filled with hate have destroyed the once beautiful cites of Portland and Seattle where I once lived. Now I avoid those cities, I just have to go in the suburbs as my son and grandkids are still there and have yet to make their escape (they are considering their escape finally).

Old 09-09-2021, 09:13 AM

9,427 posts, read 4,280,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
I was here all last and this summer. This year it is much improved. Sure I haven't been everywhere in town.
But where do you see or feel or know of an area worse than last year?
I think you responded to the wrong post. I didn't post anything regarding the relative crappiness of Portland between last year and this year. In fact, I don't particularly care. All I care about is that Dems have turned a beautiful city into a dumpster fire. I live near Baltimore and feel the same about it. I don't go there anymore unless I absolutely have to.

On a related note, I see that the city council of another Dem craphole (Minneapolis) is attempting to trick voters into abolishing the police department via a craftily worded ballot measure. It was blocked a judge. Typical Dem tactic: further their agenda by any means possible - even if it means duplicity.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:27 AM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I think you responded to the wrong post. I didn't post anything regarding the relative crappiness of Portland between last year and this year. In fact, I don't particularly care. All I care about is that Dems have turned a beautiful city into a dumpster fire. I live near Baltimore and feel the same about it. I don't go there anymore unless I absolutely have to.

On a related note, I see that the city council of another Dem craphole (Minneapolis) is attempting to trick voters into abolishing the police department via a craftily worded ballot measure. It was blocked a judge. Typical Dem tactic: further their agenda by any means possible - even if it means duplicity.
Of course everywhere and everyone's experiencing are different. I lived and learned in and around Chicago in the '60's and '70's, working at times in the inner city. And having actual riot experiences. This discussion reminds me of Paul Hogan's knife.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:42 AM

5,905 posts, read 2,834,549 times
Quote:
I love the schadenfreude from people who have never been to the city, before or after the pandemic. They are practically gushing to hear that the city is a toxic wasteland. It's all kind of sad the state of politics in this country. Both sides suck hard, including many of the posts on the first page. China will walk right over us seeing how divided we are.
Been there a number of times since the late 90s .Each time a little bet worse

than the previous .
Really gone down hill the past 10 years.However did have some good restaurants three years ago.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:45 AM

52,533 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
please tell us how you know which posters have or have not been to portland.

quiz time: have i been to portland?

Old 09-09-2021, 10:22 AM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
It is so much easier to deflect the conversation away from a glaring liberal problem than to actually address it....isn't it?
Deflection is all they have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies