Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you quit your job over vaccine mandates, or indent do quit if your employer mandates the vaccin
Yes I will quit my job over vaccine mandates 53 41.73%
No I will get the vaccine and comply with the mandate 74 58.27%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 10:33 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
My sister is going to quit her state job rather than get the vaccine.
I too once worked on the Death Star before I came to my senses.

Hopefully this is the first step on the long road to recovery for her.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 10:38 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
My sister is going to quit her state job rather than get the vaccine.
She's going to find it may be tough to get a job in the private sector, where many employers are also requiring vaccinations, and that number is increasing by the day. And no unemployment if she quits. What is she planning on doing, mooching off the state for handouts?

Old 09-09-2021, 10:39 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
She's going to find it may be tough to get a job in the private sector, where many employers are also requiring vaccinations, and that number is increasing by the day. And no unemployment if she quits. What is she planning on doing, mooching off the state for handouts?
People who have nothing left to lose are going to be more willing to fight their oppressors.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
People who have nothing left to lose are going to be more willing to fight their oppressors.
Fight how? By quitting their jobs and becoming unable to support themselves? Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:49 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Fight how? By quitting their jobs and becoming unable to support themselves? Yeah, that sounds like a plan.
You're blind to how many people are thirsting for the blood of their enemies in this country. Our country is a tinderbox and the idiot in the white house is dumping burning embers on it every day. He campaigned on uniting the country. In fact he's turning himself into the second coming of James Buchanan, the last president born in PA.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You're blind to how many people are thirsting for the blood of their enemies in this country. Our country is a tinderbox and the idiot in the white house is dumping burning embers on it every day. He campaigned on uniting the country. In fact he's turning himself into the second coming of James Buchanan, the last president born in PA.
LOL. Okay, sure. That fat orange guy sure was a uniter, wasn't he?

In the meantime, enjoy your unpaid unemployment. That's sticking it to the man, all right!

Old 09-09-2021, 10:57 AM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
Quote:
Mooching off the government is the Democratic Party way isn't it? That's the government the majority voted for in the 2020 election, if you can't beat them, join them. She shouldn't risk her health on a vaccine when Pfizer admits on it's own web-site, "long term side effects unknown."
I wouldn't be surprised if the Democrats are putting pressure on the employers to get rid of the unvaccinated so they go on public assisstance and vote Democcrat the rest of their lives. Good luck vaccinated workers, you will end up supporting the unvaccinated, illegals, and the lazy with your tax dollars!

If I hired someone to work at my home it wouldn't matter to me if they were vaccinated or not since they are both possible covid carriers, but I would require them to wear masks.

Last edited by wp169; 09-09-2021 at 11:06 AM..

Old 09-09-2021, 11:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
I do agree with you somewhat, but the fact is, VERY VERY few citizens would be willing to take action that may get them arrested.

Local and state police would be the first line of resistance they met...and this would look very much like domestic terrorism on the nightly news, (citizens in gun battles with police)...not going to happen, not in a million years.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:04 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,822,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Mooching off the government is the Democratic Party way
I live in the land of six figures for 15-20 hours of work a week defense contractors. Not many of them voting Democratic and they will grumble and get their shots because they know they could never make so much for so little work elsewhere

Old 09-09-2021, 11:05 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The worst thing about watching my parents battle the adverse effects of the Pfizer vaccine was that I encouraged them to get it on the false promise that their lives would soon return to normal. Both of them were looking forward to going shopping, going out to eat, returning to church... especially Dad as he was extremely active.

Almost 8 months later, Dad is still recovering and Mom died four months ago today - after a brief, unexplained illness.

What you consider "debate points", I consider it a very painful, personal experience that should be considered before one-size-fits-all coerced or mandated vaccination policies are forced upon us.

Make no mistake, you are undeniably in my personal business if you encourage or support mandated COVID vaccines or that I lose my livelihood because I decline COVID vaccines. In fact, that makes you my enemy.

The COVID vaccines do not stop or prevent the spread of COVID. That is now an undisputed fact. The "experts" are even now admitting that everyone will get COVID at some point. If you are vaccinated and get COVID, you are still a spreader.

And save the fake condolences. Both you and I know that you care nothing about the experiences of others that don't fit into your vaccine narrative.
im sorry about the death of your mother and your fathers prolonged illness. Im elderly and are not vaccinated..I take almost no drugs even over the counter. Almost died a couple times from anesthesia cause drs wouldnt listen about possible adverse reactions. Finally an anesthesiologist and radiologist told me why I have such problems with medications. It is genetic and my liver does not produce the necessary enzymes that detoxify the chemicals. You can be tested. My response was why? so I can wave a piece of paper in a drs face that I knew what I was talking about? once they inject the vaccine you cant take it out. You should be tested just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies