Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you quit your job over vaccine mandates, or indent do quit if your employer mandates the vaccin
Yes I will quit my job over vaccine mandates 53 41.73%
No I will get the vaccine and comply with the mandate 74 58.27%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 10:32 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
The left is not concerned with the rights of private businesses. Private businesses and corporations are a tool of the left to exert control over the population as a means to circumvent the Constitution.
It would be nice if people stopped making stupid excuses. This is about the health and well being of our friends, family, and neighbors. Nothing political.

Anti-vaxxers need to grow up. Let's wear the masks (when appropriate), take the vaccine and protect the people we love.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 10:34 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
If you think this is not political you need to get glasses.
No one is making this political except the lunatic fringe. That is a Faux complaint, an imagined issue.

Take the vaccine. Protect the people you love.

~

Old 09-08-2021, 10:38 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,275,078 times
I resigned as a substitute teacher. The options were vaccinate or test bi-weekly. I don’t choose to do either of those things. I had Covid. The decision makers should be taking previous infection into account, but even if I hadn’t had it, I still don’t agree with mandates.

I got two emails yesterday asking for subs: guess the district hasn’t taken me off the distribution list yet. Stupid NJ governor didn’t do the schools and kids any favors with his directives if the schools are begging for subs on the first day back.

Fortunately for me (though this was unfortunate at first), I lost my job in March of 2020. I’m doing the same work, but am an independent contractor now. Nobody gets to tell me what to do, and if the client doesn’t want to do business with an unvaxxed person, then good riddance. I have more work available than I can do right now.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:40 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,235,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It would be nice if people stopped making stupid excuses. This is about the health and well being of our friends, family, and neighbors. Nothing political.

Anti-vaxxers need to grow up. Let's wear the masks (when appropriate), take the vaccine and protect the people we love.

~

I lost my mom and nearly lost my dad to the vaccine. It would be nice if you GFY and stay the hell out of my personal life.

And your response is completely illogical as the vaccinated are still catching and spreading COVID. You are protecting no one.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:42 AM

539 posts, read 240,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It would be helpful if anti-mask, anti-vaxxers just grew up and acted responsibly.

~

Oh this rich from the left who said my body my choice concerning abortion . In other words it is okay to kill babies but not to not wear a mask or take a jab . This is how the demoncrat party thinks and has brainwashed its followers to think .

Old 09-08-2021, 10:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
agree.

have them terminate you, get on unemployment, then sue.

if you quit/resign, then you are **** out of luck with unemployment or lawsuit
If a company makes a vaccination a requirement for the job then they can fire you "for cause" and you will most likely not be eligible for unemployment.

https://www.marketplace.org/2021/08/...-unemployment/

Old 09-08-2021, 10:44 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
If you think this is not political you need to get glasses.
And I would say if you are making some political statement by whether you take a vaccine or not, you should re-evaluate your critical thinking skills. No politician regardless of which side of the fence they sit on has a more vested interest in your health than you do.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:50 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,367,565 times
I won’t respond to this poll because I’m already fully vaccinated and would have gotten vaccinated irrespective to a mandate by my employer. This topic fascinates me though. I am already surprised by the number of people who responded that they are prepared to quit their job over this. Seriously, you’re prepared to die on this hill? It’s perplexing to me. To those who are seriously prepared to do that, all I can say to you is good luck.

My belief is that once large corporations start to mandate it (which should accelerate now that the vaccines have FDA approval) others will quickly follow, along with government jobs, medical clinics and hospitals, educational institutions, etc. etc. Eventually it will become exceedingly difficult to find decent employment without being vaccinated. So again, good luck to you. Hopefully there are enough people out there who take this seriously and carefully weigh their options before deciding to defy their employer’s mandate.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:01 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,455 times
The funniest part about this is that the same people who are whining about employer mandates are the same ones who despise unions and who pushed through the odious policy of "at will" employment in nearly every state in the union.

Now, your employer is perfectly empowered--by the at will employment laws you all supported--to let you go from your job for refusing a condition of employment.

Reap as you sow.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:13 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I won’t respond to this poll because I’m already fully vaccinated and would have gotten vaccinated irrespective to a mandate by my employer. This topic fascinates me though. I am already surprised by the number of people who responded that they are prepared to quit their job over this. Seriously, you’re prepared to die on this hill? It’s perplexing to me. To those who are seriously prepared to do that, all I can say to you is good luck.

My belief is that once large corporations start to mandate it (which should accelerate now that the vaccines have FDA approval) others will quickly follow, along with government jobs, medical clinics and hospitals, educational institutions, etc. etc. Eventually it will become exceedingly difficult to find decent employment without being vaccinated. So again, good luck to you. Hopefully there are enough people out there who take this seriously and carefully weigh their options before deciding to defy their employer’s mandate.
Eh, I'd say it really depends on the situation.

Personally I laugh at people that say they are principled and have strong convictions on not taking the vaccine and then sell out for a lottery ticket or a football game (i.e. Raiders). A friend of mine was really shocked when she read a story about some parents that passed on their daughter's wedding because they weren't vaccinated. I told her I didn't understand why she would be surprised and thought the parents did the responsible thing. It's not like they weren't going to see their daughter again and if they felt that strongly about it, I admired them for sticking to their priniciples. Missing a wedding isn't the end of the world.

In my situation, I have private work and work for a brick and mortar location as a trainer that represents roughly 15% of my income. They already take temperature checks for everyone that enters the building, require appropriate distancing, require masks, have an attendant cleaning all day, and have a fogger like the airlines use that they apply to all the equipment 3x a day. They are still requiring the shot for their staff and that must be completed by Nov 1. Do I think it's a bit over the top? Yep. And ultimately, nothing is going to be made easier for the employee or the members as everyone still has to wear a mask. So it's really more of a case for personal protection (which seems to me should be up to the individual).

Is it a big deal to me to leave? Not at all. I could retire today if I wanted to but enjoy the job. I also make twice as much on my private sessions so I can simply pick up a couple of clients and that will take care of that extra 15%. All of the private training is done outdoors at an appropriate distance and I enjoy it more because we don't wear masks. The brick and mortar place is a nice community and I enjoy the people there (so clearly it wasn't that much about the money).

To each their own on this. Albeit, not everyone is in the same situation as I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies