Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 11:59 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
They say a mandate to get the vaccine can’t be done but can a mandate to make thing as difficult as possible for the unvaccinated happen? Will people comply? I know people who are vaccinated that don’t believe in a mandate.
There will be no such mandate. However, private companies may require them for their employees. Restaurants and other businesses may require vaccinations for people to come into their businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 12:00 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
I support vaccines 100%, however, I am 100% against any "show your papers".

I thought I left that BS permanently when I left the USSR.

Because as we see with SSN numbers, this "vaccine proof" will morph into more than just that.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:03 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I dare him to do it.

He is satisfied his crazy base with the current mandates but he will infuriate the rest of us.. and frankly hurt business if they enforce it.

What a moron he is.

Did you see he got heckled in New Jersey yesterday with a crowd shouting "Tyrant".
You're getting all spun up over nothing. Biden isn't going to require a mandate. Geez. The things people worry about.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:10 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There will be no such mandate. However, private companies may require them for their employees. Restaurants and other businesses may require vaccinations for people to come into their businesses.
Biden can and will enforce mandates for all federal employees.

And yes, without a doubt many businesses will require vaccinations. And because we live in a country where "at will" employment is the law, they will be able to mandate it within their businesses without repercussion (and without having to pay unemployment). It will simply become a requirement of employment, and under the current laws they are perfectly within their rights to do so.

So a mandate for private business won't be necessary. Business will take care of it themselves, because a vaccinated workforce is much more beneficial and cost effective than an unvaxxed one, and the bottom line will always take the lead. They will effectively mandate the vaccine to protect their bottom lines.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:32 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,207,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They will effectively mandate the vaccine to protect their bottom lines.
Their bottom line will not be able to survive a 50% cut in their workforce.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:34 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
They say a mandate to get the vaccine can’t be done but can a mandate to make thing as difficult as possible for the unvaccinated happen? Will people comply? I know people who are vaccinated that don’t believe in a mandate.
They can, and have, done whatever they wanted to you for centuries.

What makes Covid so special that it's the hill to die on?

Old 09-08-2021, 12:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Their bottom line will not be able to survive a 50% cut in their workforce.
It won't be 50% of the workforce. Lots of people are going to discover that they want a paycheck at the end of the day. Even here on the rightwing C-D people are saying they will get the vaccine if their work mandates it.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...uit-their.html

Old 09-08-2021, 12:38 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
I don't even want to know if any of my employees are vaccinated. It's none of my damn business.

There will be no mandate of any kind at my business, other than the same policy we've had for over a decade - if you think you're sick, stay home.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:39 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They can, and have, done whatever they wanted to you for centuries.

What makes Covid so special that it's the hill to die on?
The fight between the ruling class and the masses is perhaps the most fascinating one there is. Throughout history when the peons overthrow the one percenters....it has to happen with a degree of regularity.... All cultures go through cycles because humans abhor stagnation...indeed the universe does...change is a constant, and everything in the universe goes in cycles, vibrates, oscillates, like a sine wave.

Covid only becomes special when the ruling class get as bad as Australia's....locking people inside over a virus with a 1% kill rate....but that's alright...by doing this they end up hurting themselves because with these measures they will collapse the global supply chain, and when that happens they will lose ALL control. I will grant you Australia produces very little the rest of the world depends on...but with rising asset prices, stagnating wages, and currency debasement by all major central banks, and shortages in inputs only worsening, I question how long they will get the peons to want to work for peanuts but if they stop working it exacerbates the shortages and raises prices even more. Catch-22.

Last edited by sholomar; 09-08-2021 at 01:09 PM..

Old 09-08-2021, 01:04 PM

539 posts, read 241,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
No civil war is ever going to happen again...there wont even be a major revolution. I dont care if the Govt creates the toughest vaccine laws we have ever seen...businesses and citizens WILL COMPLY at the end of the day!

Look at some of our gun laws...gun dealers COMPLY with every single one of them (no matter how unconstitutional they are!), When was the last time you saw a gun dealer refusing to comply with a federal or state gun law? lol

Comically though, many gun stores like to call themselves patriots and defenders of the 2nd Amendment...BALONEY, they comply with the govt on every little detail.

You dont know very many hill people do you ? In your dreams no people will not comply .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies