Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 10:07 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

just goes to show yet again - inside every 'progressive' is a totalitarian screaming to get out.

Quote:
The Biden administration has included a vaccine enforcement mechanism in the $3.5 trillion, 2,465-page 'Build Back Better Bill' which will enable the government to enforce fines on employers whose employees do not get the vaccine.

The mechanism, buried on page 168 of the Democrats' 'reconciliation' spending bill, will allow a tenfold increase in fines for businesses with 100 or more employees that 'wilfully and repeatedly,' violate a section of labor law that deals with workplace hazards, of which Covid-19 is now a part.

The increased fines on employers could go as high as $70,000 for serious infractions, and $700,000 for wilful or repeated violations - a sum which can be applied to each instance of a violation rather than a total limit.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-vaccines.html

but not long ago, there was this:

Four Times the Biden Administration Promised That Vaccines Will Never Be ‘Mandatory’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 10:57 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,883,607 times
Issuing fines and actually collecting them are two different things. This whole mess will be battled out in court before any fines are leveyed. The big government revolt pressure cooker is building up steam.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:01 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,209,844 times
Well first they have to sign that $3.5Trillion bill into law....

But I gotta say, the mandate crap bothers me a LOT.

Perhaps I'll go sign that petition for the gubmint giving me and my spouse $2k a month (each) and I won't worry about my job.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:05 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Our plant where I work could face a real problem. We already had labor shortages pre-pandemic and the last 2 Thursdays people have been standing outside the plant protesting. They've been passing around religious exemption forms in our state. I'm vaccinated so I haven't investigated whether these can be used to bypass the mandates, all I know is that our company has taken government contracts so it falls under both the 100 employee rule and the government contract rule, and a bunch of people close to retirement are getting ready to retire all at once, and they are having trouble finding enough help.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:07 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Easier for companies to just go along with it.
Even if employees complain, they have the government to blame it on.
I doubt we'll see much, if any, resistance.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:13 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
I think this is a great time for any business owner who has amassed enough funding to live on to just shut it down and say "I've had enough." I personally know a few people in that situation. If I were in that position, my patience would have run out a long time ago because of government intrusion.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:14 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Easier for companies to just go along with it.
Even if employees complain, they have the government to blame it on.
I doubt we'll see much, if any, resistance.
I agree, in the end there will likely be little resistance. Vaccinated workers are better for businesses than unvaxxed workers because they are less likely to get sick, or to be hospitalized for long periods of time and need long recovery time/rehab if they do get sick, costing the company in time, labor and medical expenses.

And I likewise believe the vast majority of workers will comply, especially when it comes down to being able to eat and keep a roof over your head or not. No unemployment if you lose your job for not being vaccinated, so it really could become a matter of life and death in more ways than one.

Old 09-29-2021, 11:15 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,310,805 times
Businesses with 100 or more employees can allow weekly Covid tests as an alternative for employees that don't want the vaccine. This avoids fines

Old 09-29-2021, 11:20 AM

346 posts, read 229,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

And I likewise believe the vast majority of workers will comply, especially when it comes down to being able to eat and keep a roof over your head or not. No unemployment if you lose your job for not being vaccinated, so it really could become a matter of life and death in more ways than one.
So you think it's ok for the government to kill someone by taking away their right to provide for themselves and their family just because they've made a personal, religious or medical decision not to get the vaccine?

Talk about evil, ill-regard for human life.

Why care about covid deaths when you turn around and say the unvaccinated deserve to die of attrition?

Old 09-29-2021, 11:23 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I agree, in the end there will likely be little resistance. Vaccinated workers are better for businesses than unvaxxed workers because they are less likely to get sick, or to be hospitalized for long periods of time and need long recovery time/rehab if they do get sick, costing the company in time, labor and medical expenses.

So you are admitting the "choice" your side claimed was there last week is not a true choice. I wonder how you will feel when the government "chooses" something you disagree with and holds your ability to eat over your head in order to get you to comply. That day IS coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies