Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 09:27 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
My mind made no connection between a gorilla and Elder's race. It just did not occur to me AT ALL. Surely I can't be the only one.
I agree. It took me a while to figure out what these people seem to have focused on immediately.

Old 09-09-2021, 11:42 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Gorilla girl should be charged with a hate crime and assault. We have the evidence on video
Yup, She sure could be charged.
And then Elder could lose the election because of it. Incidents like this have a way of backfiring when emotions are running strong.

If charges made Elder look like he's bullying a crazy woman, that's all that would be needed for him to lose an election when he's already behind the front runner.

Larry Elder made a career for himself as being a black conservative on the radio. I'm sure he already knew what is best response was the second the egg hit him.

Black folks are generally more aware of consequences than white folks are in most things.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:24 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Only Democrats don't have to worry about things like this. The media covers for them.

Two-tier system of justice. Or should I say Just Us?

Old 09-10-2021, 02:45 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,077,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DK736 View Post
You Californians are a special kind of stupid. For those of you that live there with common sense, I hope Elder wins.
The only hope Elder has of winning is through this power-grab recall, where he gets in with a fraction of the votes.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:42 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Obviously some do, it’s ok to be racist against a black who isn’t a Democrat, or has conservative values. It’s ok to wear a gorilla suit and call a black man boy if he isn’t a Democrat. So basically you are projecting what the f
Democrats do, on right wingers…. Who’s the hypocrite now?
where is the post where someone claimed this was ok ?????

oh, it doesnt exist.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:03 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're not allowed to initiate violence against others...even lowly politicians. The woman also punched a man on the scene.
It was a mostly peaceful punch though.

Personally, the individual should have laid the attacker out. His defense could be he was in fear of being attacked by a gorilla.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:48 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
The only hope Elder has of winning is through this power-grab recall, where he gets in with a fraction of the votes.
How is a lawful recall a "power grab" any more so than any other election?

It's all written into the CA state laws which are being followed.

If you're that upset about it then perhaps have a proposition or whatnot to change it?

Old 09-10-2021, 06:54 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
where is the post where someone claimed this was ok ?????

oh, it doesnt exist.
Silence is violence. Just not being part of the problem isn't enough, it still makes you culpable for white supremacy. Yeah, I know you're not white but um that's not what white people have been told for the past 2 years. Gotta speak up or your to blame as well appears to be a one way street.

But since Elder is an (R) you don't have the NAACP or a bunch of others making a news story out of it.

I don't care whom wins the CA recall, just stating a fact that having a white woman throwing eggs at a black candidate while wearing a gorilla mask at a political rally not being front page news is astounding.

Just arguing with a black barrista, asking some black kids if they belonged at the pool launched front page headlines and nicknames like Pool Party Paula and BBQ Becky with "White Woman......" headlines in the media.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:57 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Silence is violence. Just not being part of the problem isn't enough, it still makes you culpable for white supremacy. Yeah, I know you're not white but um that's not what white people have been told for the past 2 years. Gotta speak up or your to blame as well appears to be a one way street.

But since Elder is an (R) you don't have the NAACP or a bunch of others making a news story out of it.

I don't care whom wins the CA recall, just stating a fact that having a white woman throwing eggs at a black candidate while wearing a gorilla mask at a political rally not being front page news is astounding.

Just arguing with a black barrista, asking some black kids if they belonged at the pool launched front page headlines and nicknames like Pool Party Paula and BBQ Becky with "White Woman......" headlines in the media
This type of hypocrisy is so blatant, it proves how blinded some can be when they don't acknowledge this.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:58 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,661,006 times
HOW COURAGEOUS! She wore a mask! If it were a Democrat being attacked, they would be yelling Racist and it would have made front page news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies