Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 12:15 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Like, Obama's "Lean and Light" vetting process?
No, like the exact same vetting process that was used by the Trump administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 12:22 PM

23,614 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, like the exact same vetting process that was used by the Trump administration.
"Just" the Trump administration? Seems the legislature you'd posted says different:

"(2) successfully completed background checks and screening in accordance with
the policies and procedures put in place as part of Operation Allies Welcome (or
any predecessor
or successor operation) or equivalent background checks and screening."

Old 09-10-2021, 12:23 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,128,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
xoe doesn't think he's destroying this country fast enough to satisfy his leftist constituents..
President Joe Biden’s deputies want Congress to flip immigration law on its head so they can quickly convert many Afghans into citizens without required vetting.

“They’re putting the entry/cart before the vetting/horse,” former immigration judge Andrew Arthur told Breitbart News

The request is buried on page 26 of a 34-page page list of budget requests to Congress, titled “Continuing Resolution (CR) Appropriations Issues.”

The request asks Congress to change laws so the Secretary of Homeland Security could provide fast-track citizenship to at least 50,000 Afghans, even when intelligence officials recognize that some of the migrants have ties to dangerous and ideologically extreme groups in Afghanistan.
yet he won't even allow cuban refugees into the country out of fear they might vote republican
Why does he even have to ask anyone? The dems pass anything and everything they wish. They've been doing that since Obama. Between executive orders and mandates, they do whatever they want.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:24 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Mandate the vax as a condition of citizenship for illegals and refugees.
I disagree, illegals should not gain our citizenship vaccinated or not. As for refugees only 20% who claim that have a viable reason. I see no reason to give them our citizenship either even if they have a viable refugee claim just permission to stay here but in reasonable numbers.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:29 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Like, Obama's "Lean and Light" vetting process?
Here's a good example of that.

http://www.capoliticalreview.com/cap...tion-official/

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...weve-been-told

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nea...s-report-finds

Old 09-10-2021, 12:38 PM

1,961 posts, read 701,048 times
Quote:
You didn't "give a real argument" you gave an Argument from Incredulity fallacy.

Also, "leftist dolts"? Personal attacks are against the ToS, homie.
That is not incredulity fallacy. If I said "I don't like using equivalent bk checks in this scale, so it must not work", it is. Go back and re-read your phil 150 textbook. I like it is hard stuff
I give a real argument. You just cannot counter it. My argument is how can you apply the equivalent bk check in this scale when the equivalent bk chk was for the SIV etc.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
That is not incredulity fallacy. If I said "I don't like using equivalent bk checks in this scale, so it must not work", it is. Go back and re-read your phil 150 textbook. I like it is hard stuff
I give a real argument. You just cannot counter it. My argument is how can you apply the equivalent bk check in this scale when the equivalent bk chk was for the SIV etc.
No your argument was, "I don't believe they can perform effective background checks on this scale.".

Quote:
"It is very fishy" based on......? Your feelings?
Quote:
...Based on applying this to this scale

That straight up Argument from Incredulity.

There's nothing to counter because all you supplied is an unsupported opinion. And no, 100-level philosophy is not "hard stuff".

Old 09-10-2021, 01:23 PM

1,961 posts, read 701,048 times
Quote:
No your argument was, "I don't believe they can perform effective background checks on this scale.".

That straight up Argument from Incredulity.

There's nothing to counter because all you supplied is an unsupported opinion. And no, 100-level philosophy is not "hard stuff".
Go back to my second. That is not what I am saying. You misread, and you, now, just put words into people's mouths when you cannot win the argument.
I don't think so. I had run into so many classmates that could not 'A' their critical thinking course. A lot of them were incapable of distinguishing different fallacies

Old 09-10-2021, 01:26 PM

23,614 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:

While that number may seem low in compari-
son to the number of DAcA beneficiaries, “it con-
firms that the DAcA screening process was woefully
inadequate,” according to Jessica m. Vaughan of the center for Immigration Studies. Apparently, “only
a handful of the applicants were ever interviewed,
and only rarely was the information on the appli-
cation ever verified.”15 In fact, based on documents
obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom
of Information Act, it is apparent that the Obama
Administration moved to a “lean and light” sys-
tem of background checks in which only a few ran-
domly selected DAcA applicants were ever actually
investigated.16
https://www.heritage.org/sites/defau...-12/BG3269.pdf

Old 09-10-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Go back to my second. That is not what I am saying. You misread, and you, now, just put words into people's mouths when you cannot win the argument.
I don't think so. I had run into so many classmates that could not 'A' their critical thinking course. A lot of them were incapable of distinguishing different fallacies

I put no words in your mouth. It's a direct quote from your post. I'm not wasting any more time with this distraction however. You're welcome to the last word on the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies