Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 06:17 AM

3,399 posts, read 1,441,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have not heard about your example of online work or college. But regardless, my stance makes sense.

If you are vaccinated you may vote in person. If not, you may vote by mail. Everyone gets to vote. No one has to risk their health to do so.
Well, you seem to confirm that the hysterically enforced mask wearing is just that. A hysterically, nitwitted approach.

But hey, as a former firefighter, and one who paid close attention to hazardous material training and standard operating procedures, I can personally state, without any reservations, that the masks currently in use [excluding the N95] for Covid protection are ineffective with respect to aerosols, and, to the best of my knowledge, is the most common method of covid transmission. At best, they may reduce the distance somewhat which the covid virus may travel from an infected carrier to others. One of the problems with masks being used, they give the wearer a false sense of security. And all those nitwits who are demanding children ware them in school, ought to look at themselves in the mirror and see the fool they really are.

JWK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 07:17 AM

23,964 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Many Democrats are pushing vaccine passports, which would require a photo ID to enter businesses.

Wouldn't this be racist per the Democrats' argument on ID to vote?

Our house got mailed 5 different forms to 5 different specific adults to get a ballot in 2020. Only 2 adults live here. I contacted the phone number about it, they seemed to think I was wasting their time.
Who sent them? The county, a political party or candidate?

My state allows over 65 to vote by mail in ballot. Every election DH and I get applications form each party, the county and some candidates. They have our names in different configurations. The county and parties as on the roll. From the candidates, the have all kinds of names from whatever mailing list is being used. I could send them all in. I would et only one mail in ballot.

Those people at the courthouse mark my name when they send out the ballot. If I get a mail in ballot, my name is marked on the list and I cannot vote at the polling place. IIRC, the return envelope has a bar code on it so they get info from that, too as they are returned.

A few years back, I was doing some petition signature verification for a petition drive in my subdivision. One particular house house had 3 different families registered there. When we moved form one county to another and re register we also need to inform the previous county we have moved. The county cannot remove our names from the list for many years unless we tell them we have moved. So that house, were it in a mail in state, could get that many ballots. The Secretary of State's office can fix it. I had to locate and contact each one of those who had moved because the petition needed a set % of residents. And those 4 wrecked it.

Old 09-13-2021, 07:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Many Democrats are pushing vaccine passports, which would require a photo ID to enter businesses.

Wouldn't this be racist per the Democrats' argument on ID to vote?

Our house got mailed 5 different forms to 5 different specific adults to get a ballot in 2020. Only 2 adults live here. I contacted the phone number about it, they seemed to think I was wasting their time.
You could have received a 100 pieces of junk mail encouraging you to apply for a mail in ballot.

Doesn't mean you would get a 100 ballots.

The mail you got wasn't a ballot.

If you had tried to get 2 ballots you wouldn't have been able to.

I applied for a mail in ballot but went to vote 'early' in person. That meant that if I had tried to mail in my ballot they would have NOT counted it as I was already on record as voting.

Old 09-13-2021, 07:24 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,989,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is just a quick question.

There is a push by Biden and the Dems to force private business's to mandate vaccines for their employees and those that refuse can be fired. The Dems are also demanding vac, cards to enter stores, shows/concerts/sporting events or getting on an airplane.

How soon will they be demanding that we need a vaccine card to vote?

Of course one needs a proper ID to get the shot in the first place....

Oh what a tangled web they weave when first they practice to deceive.

Absolutely proof of vaccination should be required to enter a polling location. We want to make sure people who are unable to get vaccinated for health reasons can vote.

However, the radical democrats will tell us we cannot get COVID-19 at a polling location.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Absolutely proof of vaccination should be required to enter a polling location. We want to make sure people who are unable to get vaccinated for health reasons can vote.

However, the radical democrats will tell us we cannot get COVID-19 at a polling location.
What?

My county made provisions for distancing using mail in and in car voting. They were accused of inviting fraud. State law was changed.

We no longer need to wait until the crops are in and there is time to take the day off to leave the farm and travel by horse to the county seat to vote.

We also no longer need to pick a day other than market day to vote. And people other than property owning white men can vote.

We can update the way we vote. Secretaries of State have all kinds of access to all kinds of data to insure one person one vote, one time.

If Americans can't figure out how to have an election without fraud we are dumber than we appear.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:59 AM

3,074 posts, read 1,540,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post

ah, hhow are you going to let people with health reasons vote since they are not vaccinated and thus according to you cant enter a polling place? how does that work?

Old 09-13-2021, 11:08 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:

There is a push by Biden and the Dems to force private business's to mandate vaccines for their employees and those that refuse can be fired. The Dems are also demanding vac, cards to enter stores, shows/concerts/sporting events or getting on an airplane.

Logic 101 here..... there is only ONE reason why the democrats are against voter ID. It's so they can cheat.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:12 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,603,886 times
I wonder if this might become the backdoor way of getting the Dems to agree to Voter ID? They'll be all gung-ho about requiring proof of vaccination in order to be allowed to vote in person, but those vaccination cards are ridiculously easy to forge. The only way to prove that the name on the card is the same as the name of the person holding it is to have that person show a properly issued government ID. And so, voila, they implement Voter ID in order to enable the vax cards to be used. (There's still the issue of the card being forged, so even if we would know who is voting, we still wouldn't know for certain that they had actually been vaccinated. But hey, maybe the Dems won't think far enough ahead to be bothered with that.)

Old 09-13-2021, 11:39 AM

Here's my take. At 82 with health concerns I intend to live long enough to know my great grandchildren.

We take precautions, have been vaccinated, use N95 masks, properly, when outside our house when other people are present. We also distance. We know it takes 3 minutes of contact with anybody carrying Delta to pass it on. We try to limit contact.

Covid is like any other living thing. It wants to reproduce. Just like a horny 20 YO. Covid will modify itself to get around impediments just like roaches get immune to insecticide.

If people can carry and shed unaware that it is happening, vaccinated or not, what do you suggest I do to protect myself and others standing in a bunched up line at the polling place?

BTW, returning my mail in ballot to the one place in the county allocated by the governor is an 70 mile round trip on the freeway. You want me driving in front of you? The back way took 2 1/2 hours.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:49 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
Quote:

Are you sure about that?
I heard that if you refuse to to get Vaccinated the other requirement would to be tested Weekly for COVID-19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies