Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 10:59 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvs2run View Post
That's like saying they can have sex with you if they want, because it might hurt their feelings if you don't.
What! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 12:02 AM

7,639 posts, read 8,713,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Has she not been vaccinated for anything then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I specifically meant vaxxes as an adult when she had autonomy over her body.
So off topic. She's talking about coersion and mandate of the vaccines.

Quote:
If you don't want the vaccine and get covid then why go to the hospital for care. They are so overloaded. Why do you want to add to it.
you don't want the vaccine = true
get covid = false

If you don't pray every 2 seconds nonstop and get hit by a car then why take the ambulance.

Therefore you must pray every 2 seconds nonstop.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:04 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
If as many the definition of vaccine hadn't been changed, there probably wouldn't be near as many ethically opposed to mandates.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:34 AM

539 posts, read 241,457 times
Quote:
[/b]

Employers can do what they want especially if they think it harms the welfare of others. My husband's organization has already said if you're not vaccinated then you may want to find another job.

let us all know when half that company is gone and your husband is out of a job because they lost half their workforce . I think you and anyone else wont be so gung ho to have others vaxed then maybe . Hope your hubs can find another job .

Old 09-13-2021, 04:20 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
A lot of people are anti-C19 vax or mandates or passport , not anti-vax
True.

But this nightmare we're living should give everyone pause for reflection and reassessment of how far we had already gone with vaccine expectation and imposition prior to COVID. A hard and fast line needs to be drawn here before and against the pure evil that mandating this dangerous and largely ineffective COVID vaccine is. But I suggest that it's time to consider whether that line should have been drawn long ago before some other vaccines where children are concerned.

Mandate restraint should prevail in all but the most extreme cases with largest ratios of benefit to risk.

Last edited by CrownVic95; 09-13-2021 at 05:47 AM..

Old 09-13-2021, 05:33 AM

162 posts, read 60,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
The fact -- or at least I think it is a fact! -- is that right now the Biden administration is just looking into the possibility of establishing the 100+ employees mandate. However, if it does become "law" (and that might not be the correct word), then how will the government enforce it if many businesses refuse to follow the mandate? Will the government insist that every employee carry their vaccination card and will there be surprise inspections, with the company and/or employee being fined for every employee who cannot prove that they have been vaccinated? Or maybe there will be some kind of mandatory implanted RFID chip (another big conspiracy theory of about ten years ago) that will soon actually become a reality?

All I "know" is that some (many?) companies are going to be facing worker shortages if this rule does become "law". My husband is working a contract (temp) job as an electrical designer for a large company who is "desperate" for people of his skill level, and he has said that the instant that he is told he must get the vaccine, he will quit. (We don't need the income from a job, but he is not mentally ready to retire yet, although he is rapidly getting to that point.) I wonder how many people who are now working but don't have to work, who would be told "Vaccinate or lose your job", will choose the latter.
Do not quit. Let them fire him over the matter. There MIGHT be something that changes later. And maybe there could be recourse for people fired. Who knows.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Apparently, you never bothered to read the story. Why comment if you don't even bother to read the story?
Did she talk to her doctor about the vaccine?
Or did she do her 'own research' -- lol?

(Like asking someone to do their 'own legal work' -- lol.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:56 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Did she talk to her doctor about the vaccine?
Or did she do her 'own research' -- lol?

(Like asking someone to do their 'own legal work' -- lol.
I've done my own legal work. I've also used lawyers. Depends on the situation.

It's not rocket science, you know. If you can read and understand words, then you can do a lot of it yourself. Just understand the situation you're dealing with and know your limits. That's it. If you correctly evaluate those two things, you'll be fine.

Old 09-13-2021, 07:13 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I've done my own legal work. I've also used lawyers. Depends on the situation.

It's not rocket science, you know. If you can read and understand words, then you can do a lot of it yourself. Just understand the situation you're dealing with and know your limits. That's it. If you correctly evaluate those two things, you'll be fine.
Was thinking the same thing. Legal work is not rocket science. I have a very good lawyer friend and more than once, he has told me, you can do this yourself vs paying me to... not rocket science...

As for researching the vaccine, I know quite a few folks, who are highly intelligent, and have done research.. i wouldn't call them anit-vaxxers.. wouldn't call them Trumpers... i call them highly intelligent people who think for themselves and have decided the vaccine is simply not worth the risk... As for me, i was vaccinated.. but i certainly do not criticize those who have decided to not vaccinate..

Old 09-13-2021, 07:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Do not quit. Let them fire him over the matter. There MIGHT be something that changes later. And maybe there could be recourse for people fired. Who knows.
I hear you, and that part of the argument is very compelling.

But if I'm in that situation, I'm also asking myself how much longer I want to work for morons. These large companies should be first to fight this, first to fight for what is right. Those who lie down and quietly comply deserve abandonment by employees who can actually think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies