Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 12:56 PM

539 posts, read 239,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I hear you, and that part of the argument is very compelling.

But if I'm in that situation, I'm also asking myself how much longer I want to work for morons. These large companies should be first to fight this, first to fight for what is right. Those who lie down and quietly comply deserve abandonment by employees who can actually think.

I totally agree 100% and my ? is how many companies will risk going under because of them cowering and
not standing up for theirselves .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 04:06 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,285,869 times
Default Immediate problem.

A couple we know in their late 60s have both contracted Covid 19. He is intubated and on a ventilator in the Hospital. She was just doped up with antibiotics and sent home.

The sad news is that a couple of hours ago she got a call from the Doctor at the hospital requesting she come right in. This is a closed ward with no visitors.

So it is not hard to guess what is happening.

And the lady has a bad problem. She is a limit right winger and is very strongly opposed to the vaccines. So they were both unvaccinated. And if it goes as it appears likely she is going to have terrible problems.

So be careful what you wish for...

Old 09-13-2021, 04:16 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,916,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Millions have been infected with no issues.

See how that works?

The CDC stated reinfections are rare, s, why no antibody testing and issuance of cards for people that have the antibodies? I mean the entire point of all of this is to prevent spread, hospitalizations, and death, right?
Millions have been infected and DIED. See how that works?

I agree with your point about the lack of studies of survivors and their antibodies.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:32 PM
Status: "On the road with Kid Charlamagne" (set 17 days ago)

8,018 posts, read 5,826,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
OH please. Millions have taken the covid vaccines quite successfully. They're not unproven and unsuccessful.

Ask the unvaccinated on ventilators in the hospitals.
Ask the vaccinated on the ventilators in the hospital.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:39 PM

3,062 posts, read 1,525,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
A couple we know in their late 60s have both contracted Covid 19. He is intubated and on a ventilator in the Hospital. She was just doped up with antibiotics and sent home.

The sad news is that a couple of hours ago she got a call from the Doctor at the hospital requesting she come right in. This is a closed ward with no visitors.

So it is not hard to guess what is happening.

And the lady has a bad problem. She is a limit right winger and is very strongly opposed to the vaccines. So they were both unvaccinated. And if it goes as it appears likely she is going to have terrible problems.

So be careful what you wish for...
but the odds are she knows that her husband's death could have happened anywhere or from anything. You may think she is so surprised and shocked but maybe she lives with her eyes wide open and understands the risks with just living.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Ask the vaccinated on the ventilators in the hospital.
We hope our unvaccinated friend on the ventilator makes it through to tomorrow. Unfortunately we believe that is unlikely. Shocking in a way. He was as healthy a guy as you ever see. Needed to be as he shuttled around the world..

And we are not sure his wife will survive his passing.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
but the odds are she knows that her husband's death could have happened anywhere or from anything. You may think she is so surprised and shocked but maybe she lives with her eyes wide open and understands the risks with just living.
He was in wonderful shape and about to retire. She was looking for years with him. He took exceptional care of her. And they are very long married and I do not think she has ever considered what she would do without him.

Old 09-13-2021, 04:54 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,673,490 times
Quote:
We hope our unvaccinated friend on the ventilator makes it through to tomorrow. Unfortunately we believe that is unlikely. Shocking in a way. He was as healthy a guy as you ever see. Needed to be as he shuttled around the world..

And we are not sure his wife will survive his passing.
Shuttled around the world?

Would you care to be more specific? Because it sounds to me like you just may have touched upon an enormous COVID risk factor.

Old 09-13-2021, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Shuttled around the world?

Would you care to be more specific? Because it sounds to me like you just may have touched upon an enormous COVID risk factor.
Sorry that is as far as I can go. There are good reasons that deal with what he does but I cannot go any further. I will agree though he was obviously one of the maximum risks for Covid.

Some news - bad but not final. His kidneys are shutting down so they are putting him on dialysis.

So hope remains...

Old 09-15-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Sorry that is as far as I can go. There are good reasons that deal with what he does but I cannot go any further. I will agree though he was obviously one of the maximum risks for Covid.

Some news - bad but not final. His kidneys are shutting down so they are putting him on dialysis.

So hope remains...
Things looking up a little. He is still with us and was actually conscious for a brief period yesterday. They have changed some of the hookups and added a feed line. So say a prayer - he might actually pull through it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies