Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 03:08 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times

Advertisements

I saw on the news that 80 million Americans still have not gotten the Covid shot. I also saw that over 100,000 new cases are all unvaccinated people. What say you? Although I am an independent politically, is this majority conservatives refusing the vaccine? Will those who refuse to get vaccinated be the death of us in America ultimately? Is this a result of conspiracy theorists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 03:10 PM

43,082 posts, read 18,259,632 times
It's not the people. It's the virus.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
From what I’ve been seeing in the news. Sounds like basically this is folks with conspiracy theories installed in their heads refusing to get the vaccine. My belief is that this will be the ultimate death of us all. I am watching Biden speak right now on the subject of. Those who refuse this vaccine are to blame when covid becomes an epidemic again. This country will not last as a result of this

Old 09-09-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
America is done. Due to the 80 million folks to refuse the vaccine, we are not gonna make it.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewes View Post
Turn off MSM news!!!!!

Its all lies meant to control you!!
That’s conspiracy theory thinking. I completely believe that just about 100% of all new Covid cases are from the unvaccinated. Nobody has any reason to lie about that. That goes beyond politics. This will be the death of America. I am predicting this.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewes View Post
Turn off MSM news!!!!!

Its all lies meant to control you!!
Plus I am an independent Politically. I don’t go with either side.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:42 PM

10,451 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I saw on the news that 80 million Americans still have not gotten the Covid shot. I also saw that over 100,000 new cases are all unvaccinated people. What say you? Although I am an independent politically, is this majority conservatives refusing the vaccine? Will those who refuse to get vaccinated be the death of us in America ultimately? Is this a result of conspiracy theorists?
All the conservatives I know got the vaccine. The one group that seems to not want the vaccine is the African American, and they overwhelmingly vote democrat.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:44 PM

7,238 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
I know this sounds damning but most of the people who are not getting the vaccine have already had the virus. We know that about 120 million americans have already had the virus as of the end of 2020.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:45 PM

7,238 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
From what I’ve been seeing in the news. Sounds like basically this is folks with conspiracy theories installed in their heads refusing to get the vaccine. My belief is that this will be the ultimate death of us all. I am watching Biden speak right now on the subject of. Those who refuse this vaccine are to blame when covid becomes an epidemic again. This country will not last as a result of this
This reasoning is faulty.

Both the UK and Isreal is highly vaccinated... have more cases and deaths than ever.

There is NO reason to think that people with vaccines will make any difference.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:47 PM

16,582 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
First of all, what is your source?
I have read in JAMA and a few other credible sources, vaccinated people are accounting for the majority of cases.
For two examples both Iceland and Israel, two of the most vaccinated countries are having all sorts of breakthrough cases of the vaccinated.

While that might not fit the narrative, it makes sense since a majority of people have received the shots, so it stands to reason without 100% immunity (some say as low as 60% now that immunity is reducing by the month), more will have been given the shot.

That of course does not mean unvaccinated people are not susceptible. However to accept hook, line, and sinker that only the unvaccinated are becoming infected, is totally fake news.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies