Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 06:30 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The bad reaction is the immune system reacting to the vaccine and updating your immunity.

You can plan on staying healthy all you want, but if you're unvaccinated, it's really Covid's decision whether you get sick or not.

People have died after the shots. me and mine are alive and well thank you

Old 09-09-2021, 06:30 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
The bad reaction is the immune system reacting to the vaccine and updating your immunity.

You can plan on staying healthy all you want, but if you're unvaccinated, it's really Covid's decision whether you get sick or not.

Therein lies the problem with you folks. You think that covid viruses are some sort of sentient beings. They are not. They do not make decisions. It's no different than getting a slight dose of a poison: depending on the person, they may not have any symptoms at all, they may get sick, they may die. There is no "decision" being made by the poison like, "Well, I don't like this guy, so I think I will kill him." It's a probabilistic function just like nearly everything in life is. Flip a coin. Heads you have no symptoms, tails you get sick, tails and coming to rest on the table tack, you die.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-09-2021 at 06:42 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 06:31 PM

6,384 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That was sarcasm, Oldglory.
Yep

Old 09-09-2021, 06:37 PM

455 posts, read 669,937 times
I had both shots (Pfizer). An hour after the second shot I lost my sense of taste and my mouth tasted like metal. 10 days later every place I had arthritis in my hands flared up badly.
5 months later still in pain. I don’t ever want another shot. I’d prefer to be treated with antibodies if Covid breaks through. Not everyone tolerates these vaccines well.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:40 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Ever heard of small pox, polio, mumps, measles, rubella, anthrax, Cholera, Hepatitis, HPV, Diphtheria, Rabies, tetanus, TB, the flu?

Every one of these has a vaccine. More than likely you have had one or more. Vaccine technology is nothing new. The resistance against the COVID vaccine is nothing but politics. Letting politics stand between you and your health is nothing short of stupidity.

If you took 5 minutes to research you would find COVID vaccine technology has been in development for 30 years. We were damn fortunate it was there when we needed it.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:43 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
These leftists can talk until they are blue in the face about how they know the long-term safety of these vaccines. And how they know there will never be any side effects. But unless they have a time machine or are from the future, they are full of ****.
Long term effects like what? ......Like getting cancer from smoking??? It doesn't work like that. The vaccine is not something you have to take every single day like cigarettes. If the vaccine is deadly, it's going to kill you within a week.

This vaccine is literally the MOST administered in the history of man. Over 2 BILLION people got it and have no long term effects but noooo.... you still wonder if it's safe?! Bruh, if 2 BILLION people got it and lived, it's safe. It's literally the very standard of safe.

Like Bobby Jidal said: the GOP has to stop being the stupid party.

There is NO thing on this planet where you take it once and it hides in your body and kills you a year from that time you take it. This THING that you right-wingers are thinking of doesn't exist. Period. You guys may as well say a bullet can enter your body but it just hides there and you don't bleed until a year from the time you get shot. No bruh, it doesn't work like that. If something is deadly, it will kill you in a short period of time. The only thing that kills over a long period are things that you take on a consistent basis over a long duration, like cigarettes or junk food.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:44 PM

6,384 posts, read 2,705,140 times
Quote:

Updating our immunity? The first thing I thought of is all of those wonderful updates the Computer world gives us and how many times they have "crashed" or had critical bugs. If the update fails on your iPhone you may just have to restore a previous version. Humans don't have a previous version we can restore in case of an error from the vaccine.

I NEVER update my computers as soon as the latest "upgrade" is available, and I don't plan on "updating" my immune system until I am sure that all of the bugs are worked out.

And for what seems like the billionth time you can get sick whether or not you have had the vaccine.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:44 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Ever heard of small pox, polio, mumps, measles, rubella, anthrax, Cholera, Hepatitis, HPV, Diphtheria, Rabies, tetanus, TB, the flu?

Every one of these has a vaccine. More than likely you have had one or more. Vaccine technology is nothing new. The resistance against the COVID vaccine is nothing but politics. Letting politics stand between you and your health is nothing short of stupidity.
Total deception here. The covid vaccine is NOT the same as traditional vaccines and you KNOW that. Yet you persist in coming up with lies such as your quoted post.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:48 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
I had both shots (Pfizer). An hour after the second shot I lost my sense of taste and my mouth tasted like metal. 10 days later every place I had arthritis in my hands flared up badly.
5 months later still in pain. I don’t ever want another shot. I’d prefer to be treated with antibodies if Covid breaks through. Not everyone tolerates these vaccines well.
Sorry you had an adverse effect but you were an exception compared to the millions that have benefited with no issues.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:49 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Nobody has ever claimed the vaccines are 100% safe or 100% effective. This is widely published information. You pretty much said so in your post. What's your question?
We sure hear it often though from professionals and here on these very pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies