Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 05:00 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,407,433 times

Advertisements

I am 100 percent for the vaccines, yet I as of now, am not getting one.

The form you sign asks if all your questions have been answered, and they have not, thus I am not getting it yet.

I also take issue with the liability, lack of I should say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 05:05 AM

8,035 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I am 100 percent for the vaccines, yet I as of now, am not getting one.

The form you sign asks if all your questions have been answered, and they have not, thus I am not getting it yet.

I also take issue with the liability, lack of I should say.
Yes, they are making billions, why no responsibility for their own products if they are so safe and effective?

I didn't hear Biden address the reasoning for that. Perhaps he could consult with his friends at big pharma and their shareholders making profits in the billions of dollars from the push of these vaccines.

Also, why are some exempt from the mandate: illegal immigrants, the US Postal Service, those on government assistance?

I have family members and friends who have chosen to get the vaccine - I have never discouraged them from doing so.

It IS about freedom and personal choice, contrary to what the lying puppet old geezer says.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:07 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You can refuse to get the vaccine all you want, but then does it give you right to go seek medical care if you get COVID?
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
Of course you still have the right to get medical care. What kind of question is that?
To cure what?
Stupidity or shamelessness? Or both?

But did you notice there no pill to cure either?

Old 09-10-2021, 06:30 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
False analogy.

If I choose not to get the vaccine ever, but think others should if they feel it's the right choice for them, I'm not anti-vaxx. In turn, if I choose not to get chocolate ice cream ever, but have no qualms about others getting it if they like that flavor, I'm not anti-chocolate ice cream.

If I fight back against the government deciding that even if I never choose chocolate ice cream, since the almighty government has decided that everyone MUST get chocolate ice cream, they will take away my ability to earn a living and travel in society, then I AM anti-tyranny.
Agree and there are people that have gotten other vaccines but aren't comfortable with this one.

In the end, the whole labeling thing is childish and only serves the purpose of creating a villain. I mentioned awhile back that terms like that or idiotic mantras like "the pandemic of the unvaccinated" are used to divide people. If anything, the emphasis should have been on responsible vs irresponsible. But of course, that doesn't serve a narrative where people can be shamed, blamed, and brow beaten.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
Like when I choose to not get chocolate ice cream. That doesn't make me anti chocolate ice cream.
I'm not anti-ice cream, I am anti-Neapolitan ice cream. I love chocolate ice cream.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:37 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ice cream selection is not quite the same as choosing to spread infections.
What a remarkable misunderstanding you have of the situation. No wonder you're such an authoritarian. You think people are choosing to harm others. I don't blame you for thinking that's bad.

But like I said, you completely misunderstand. Please stop being such a fascist <insert random noun here> until you get that sorted out. Thanks.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
The worst part about 15 days to flatten the curve ... is the part where 500 days later a tyrannical government forces you to take medicine you don't want or they'll get you fired so you can't feed your family.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:47 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,569,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
I would consider a vaccine when one is developed. The current BS ones do not work
Even if it were only 85% effective that is way better than not getting the shot. Act like it covid never happned go to church go out to eat 2 to 3 times a week go to a full packed sporting even when you get covid and have to be in the hospital for 10 to 15 days you will wish you got the vaccine

Carlson is full of crap turn off Faux Snooze

Old 09-10-2021, 06:55 AM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
You can refuse to get the vaccine all you want, but then does it give you right to go seek medical care if you get COVID?
What a stupid question, but whatever, I'll play your silly game ... If you had the "shot" and you get covid does that give you the right to seek medical care?

After all, you have had the "vaccine", as you call it, and a true vaccine would keep you from getting the virus, right? If you get covid then you should just stay at home and tough it out

Old 09-10-2021, 07:17 AM

2,335 posts, read 814,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
What a stupid question, but whatever, I'll play your silly game ... If you had the "shot" and you get covid does that give you the right to seek medical care?

After all, you have had the "vaccine", as you call it, and a true vaccine would keep you from getting the virus, right? If you get covid then you should just stay at home and tough it out
I almost wish there was just a sticky at the top of the forum that would list every one of these ridiculous comments that was parroted by posters so we can eviscerate these comments once and for all instead of hearing them constantly parroted by people that can't seem to use any critical thinking skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies