Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 01:07 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I noticed the whole internet (not just this site) shift rightward on 6/16/2015, the fateful day tRump went down that golden escalator and gave the "Mexicans are rapists" speech....
I only check in once in awhile now because this place
has gone to the wayside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 01:32 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Can tell when ever Marjorie Taylor Greene speaks her love of America. When Marine Le Pen speaks I can hear how passionate she is about her beloved France.
This the same woman who said 9/11 and Sandy Hook were hoaxes, said Zionists are funneling Muslims into Europe, said Nancy Pelosi should be shot in the head, and said the California wildfires were caused by Jewish space lasers.

This feels like an insult to the French lady. I dont think she believes we're living in the plot of a 2002 James Bond movie. Greene is America's Harry and Lloyd and an idiot, whichever is higher.

Old 09-10-2021, 02:51 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
There is no alternative universe in which Marjorie Taylor Greene is on the same level as Marine Le Pen. Marine Le Pen, whether you agree with her views or not, is an intelligent, knowledgeable politician who has a well thought out agenda and political philosophy. Marjorie Taylor Greene is an ignorant, bigoted, opportunistic buffoon. She’s an embarrassment to the Republican Party.
I agree with this.

Old 09-10-2021, 03:03 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
You are forgetting the extreme right wing direction this site
has taken ever since Trump cheated his way to the presidency.
Yes, this entire site is dominated by RWNJ's. As soon as you think there may be some neutral balance to it, and sane arguments, it tips over into crazy country again.

Better to have these topics sequestered in one cesspool than to have them poison the discourse in all the other forums, I guess.

Moderating this site has to be a thankless task, I think it would wear most ordinary people out quickly.

I regard this place now as a funnel for foreign disinformation and a soapbox for crackpots. It looks like there is quite bit of sock puppetry going on as well, "the inmates got control of the asylum" as they used to say (before Reagan shut down the asylums).

I don't think the owner ever intended it to get this way, but here we are.

Old 09-10-2021, 03:24 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,783,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Yes, this entire site is dominated by RWNJ's. As soon as you think there may be some neutral balance to it, and sane arguments, it tips over into crazy country again.

Better to have these topics sequestered in one cesspool than to have them poison the discourse in all the other forums, I guess.

Moderating this site has to be a thankless task, I think it would wear most ordinary people out quickly.

I regard this place now as a funnel for foreign disinformation and a soapbox for crackpots. It looks like there is quite bit of sock puppetry going on as well, "the inmates got control of the asylum" as they used to say (before Reagan shut down the asylums).

Remember Poe’s Law.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:46 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Why on earth should I support someone like Marjorie Taylor Greene? I have to consider that she considers Blacks who have voted Democrat "on the Democratic Plantation". That's not going to make me want to vote for hear. She also comes up with conspiracy theories. Also I think about her comments regarding "Anglo-Saxon democracy" at the America First Caucus. There are way more Americans here than just Anglo-Saxons. Being a Black man, hearing that come from her draws up suspicions from me.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:48 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Greene makes LaPen look like a moderate.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:51 PM

What's Marjorie Taylor Greene going to do for me? Why on Earth should I support her? What will I get out of it? What would I get from someone who is really big into conspiracy theories?

Old 09-10-2021, 06:52 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

Very true, look at any poll to see how far this site swings to the right. If you put up a poll regarding belief that the election was stolen you would probably get around 70%. I feel sorry for the moderators

Old 09-10-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Greene makes LaPen look like a moderate.
When I was a teenager, I thought about living in France (as an expatriate of course. And that isn't the only country I've thought about living in). I remember when Jean-Marie Le Pen was running for President. He was part of the National Front, an anti-immigration party in France. I thought about something. I'm Black. I know that African-Americans have a history of living in France (and thriving there, look up Richard Wright). However, at that time, I thought "if Le Pen gets elected, I might not be welcome in France if I ever got the chance to go". Marine Le Pen replaced Jean-Marie Le Pen within the National Front. She is certainly more moderate than her father is. She is still quite conservative though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies