Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 08:17 AM

17,736 posts, read 13,620,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
There are any number of instances in which a mandated vaccination may have nasty side effects for the recipient.

But we already know that to a true "Progressive", the rights and security of the individual who doesn't fit the equation must be sacrificed in the name of the "Greater Common Good".
Agreed. It's better for the anti-vaxxer individual to be "sacrificed" for the common good....than to infringe upon the rights and securities of said anti-vaxxer individual. :

Old 09-10-2021, 08:19 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,861,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
There are any number of instances in which a mandated vaccination may have nasty side effects for the recipient.
There is a very small number of people who legitimately cannot take the vaccine. We're not talking about that small legitimate number of people. But you already knew that.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:21 AM

13,607 posts, read 4,913,279 times
You would think that by now the Republicans would have learned a few things about the principles of judicial standing. How does the RNC have standing to sue?

What you need is for someone to refuse the vaccine, get fired and then sue their employer over it.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:23 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,967,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
There is a very small number of people who legitimately cannot take the vaccine. We're not talking about that small legitimate number of people. But you already knew that.
And those folks are immune compromised and right now - vaccinated or not should not be exposing themselves in risky situations -- concerts, school settings, restaurants, work places.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:25 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,311,142 times
Quote:
And as long as the reason behind thise concerns are clearly documented and acknowledged, I think the rest of the issue can be resolved.

But there are those among us who feel strongly enough that "some ends justify any means":

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Agreed. It's better for the anti-vaxxer individual to be "sacrificed" for the common good....than to infringe upon the rights and securities of said anti-vaxxer individual. :
And when that mentality takes over, no individual is safe

Thank you, Master Gein, for putting your arrogance amd insensitivity out front, for all of us mere mortals to recognize, and fear.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-10-2021 at 08:36 AM..

Old 09-10-2021, 08:31 AM

13,607 posts, read 4,913,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Can anyone name ONE place that is requiring the vaccine to either work there or do business with them?

I can find NONE.

If these people are truly trying to usher in the New World Order...they are doing a lousy job! Its all talk from what I see.
My employer has already had this rule for several weeks - either be vaccinated or submit to weekly testing. I'm vaxxed so it's no problem for me.

The way I see it, it is similar to mandatory drug testing, which many companies have. Those rules have never been struck down, so apparently a company can decide it doesn't want to employ drug users. Why can't they decide they don't want to employ virus carriers?

Old 09-10-2021, 08:31 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,782,029 times
Quote:
What part of 'personal choice' do you not understand? NO ONE should be required against their will to disclose or explain their medical choices to anyone for any reason. Government putting people in a position where they have no choice but to do so is overreach.

It doesn't matter what their reasons are for declining the vaccine, it's none of your business. It's that simple.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:32 AM

42,915 posts, read 18,109,179 times
Is Biden going to go "dictator" on us ?
Only we know it's not Biden but others calling the shots.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...f_the_way.html
Biden: If Governors Won't Get Out Of The Way, "I'll Use My Power As President To Get Them Out Of The Way"

Old 09-10-2021, 08:36 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,169,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Is Biden going to go "dictator" on us ?
Only we know it's not Biden but others calling the shots.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...f_the_way.html
Biden: If Governors Won't Get Out Of The Way, "I'll Use My Power As President To Get Them Out Of The Way"
biden really does live in a fantasy world lmao

Old 09-10-2021, 08:38 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,793,232 times
Quote:
You can't possibly know how many people have contraindications, since that is between them and their doctor. But you already know that.

And it doesn't matter anyway, the vaccine mandates throw the medically exempt under the same bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies