Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 05:53 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well there was talk of preventing people from coming in from China early on but the people pushing quarantines today were the ones screaming "racism" over that idea so....you tell me. I don't know what people would want to do, I only know that "keeping us safe" isn't always the reasons we make the rules we make.
\
Biden was front-and-center screaming racism.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:55 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
OP is it possible to update the Title. The Nipah virus is another bat/pig virus. People need to be aware of the name.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:58 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well if people changed their mind en masse on vaxxing it would largely take away your raison d'etre for feeling superior to them
There is no vaccine for the Nipah virus or drugs.

Unlike SARS-COV-2 this is a one way ticket to hell with no escape. 10-30 day incubation, 50% kill rate with encephalitis. 50% who survive will have complete and total disability. A Better and cheaper killer of humans than an Atomic bomb , courtesy of mother nature.

The only thing we can pray is it doesn't transmit well airborne like the others.

With more rural people able to travel these days these zoonotic viruses are only going to increase. We're screwed.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The Nipah virus was first identified in 1999 in Malaysia.

It is not nearly as transmissible as SARS CoV- Delta.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
From the article:

Quote:
The Nipah virus has a mortality rate that is similar to Ebola, but it is a respiratory virus that can spread fairly easily through human contact. The good news is that past outbreaks have always been contained, and so we have never seen a full-blown Nipah pandemic. But the bad news is that if this virus escapes containment the death toll could potentially be staggering.

After all these years, could Nipah have mutated into a form that is even more easy to transmit?

At this moment, that is a question that we do not have an answer to.
I think we need to relax until there are more answers.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:32 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
There is no vaccine for the Nipah virus or drugs.

Unlike SARS-COV-2 this is a one way ticket to hell with no escape. 10-30 day incubation, 50% kill rate with encephalitis. 50% who survive will have complete and total disability. A Better and cheaper killer of humans than an Atomic bomb , courtesy of mother nature.

The only thing we can pray is it doesn't transmit well airborne like the others.

With more rural people able to travel these days these zoonotic viruses are only going to increase. We're screwed.

The bold is something the world really needs to think about. Maybe it is time to limit travel in and out of some countries. Maybe if traveling from a less developed nation people should be quarantined and tested on sight? The world is smaller with modern travel and viruses are traveling by those means as well. As much as I hate to say it, it is Time to rethink world travel.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:23 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I wonder if Biden will try to stop travel to and from India to try and prevent the spread of this new virus?
I wonder if his fellow Dems and the media will scream that he is a racist for doing it?

Never mind I know the answer.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:50 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I think we should just let nature take its course at this time. Life isn’t life if you aren’t living it. Death shouldn’t be feared, it’s probably much better than being controlled by people you wouldn’t buy a car from.

My faith tells me I will be with the Lord. If I am wrong, will it really matter?
Maybe not be you- but one of your kids? My son got covid and passed 2 weeks ago, I know he is with the Lord but his 4 yr old will not understand that. Maybe thinking about others is the clue for surviving the pandemics with as little casualties as possible?

Old 09-10-2021, 08:55 AM

1,111 posts, read 747,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Maybe not be you- but one of your kids? My son got covid and passed 2 weeks ago, I know he is with the Lord but his 4 yr old will not understand that. Maybe thinking about others is the clue for surviving the pandemics with as little casualties as possible?
So sorry for your loss

Old 09-10-2021, 08:57 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,031 times
Thanks to globalism, viruses that use to only affect certain parts of the world can now spread rapidly, infecting everyone.
And the U.S. has no policy on giving medical checks to newly arrived immigrants, anyone can come in, regardless if they're infected with Ebola, TB, or any other strange virus or bacterium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies