Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 09:01 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
From the article:

I think we need to relax until there are more answers.

Wait...isn't that what the left/media accused Trump of doing? Not acting quick enough on Covid? LOL

Old 09-10-2021, 09:03 AM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hmmm. If this virus did get out, and started infecting people in the US, I wonder how many people would change their stance on mandatory, enforced quarantine?

I mean if someone flew in from India who had just been in that 2 mile area with active virus, you wouldn’t want to just let them loose on the streets of New York.
Letting them loose in NYC might solve a few problems. If nothing else, it would reduce the liberal population.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:04 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hmmm. If this virus did get out, and started infecting people in the US, I wonder how many people would change their stance on mandatory, enforced quarantine?
Quarantines are within the authority of the federal government. But they have to be justified. Covid doesn't justify any.

Don't ever forget that We the People are in charge. The government only reflects our will. If We the People don't agree with whatever some bureaucrats have to say, we win the argument. That's how it works. But that's not how the federal government has been playing it, for a while now.

The pushback was inevitable, regardless of which issue finally prompted it.

Hopefully, that informed your understanding of our position a little better. A different virus would be a different situation, and could result in a different position, once all the variables are considered. You're over-simplifying what we're trying to tell you. The media is who's responsible for that - they tell you that we think X, so you believe that we think X. You don't actually ask us what we think, and when you see some extremist saying some extreme thing, you try to assign that position to everyone you lump in as being "against" you.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:10 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
What’s the latest on MU?

Old 09-10-2021, 09:10 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well if people changed their mind en masse on vaxxing it would largely take away your raison d'etre for feeling superior to them
Correct me if I'm shown to be wrong but; didn't at least two threads on here, with you as a very fervent participant, start with Americans expressing their "superiority" over a foreign country's methods of prevention?

Just say'n.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:11 AM

7,367 posts, read 3,533,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Maybe not be you- but one of your kids? My son got covid and passed 2 weeks ago, I know he is with the Lord but his 4 yr old will not understand that. Maybe thinking about others is the clue for surviving the pandemics with as little casualties as possible?
This thread is dealing with a theoretical situation where a 75% chance fatality rate for a virus you are never going to eradicate. the solution I think will be to let nature take it’s course because it is not healthy or sustainable in anyway to live your life completely locked down and in fear. Sure some will have the will to survive and good for them I see it is no different than a nuclear apocalypse. Sure you can survive in the bunker for years but what kind of life would that be? Personally not for me.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:11 AM

9,136 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder if Biden will try to stop travel to and from India to try and prevent the spread of this new virus?
I wonder if his fellow Dems and the media will scream that he is a racist for doing it?

Never mind I know the answer.
I'm sure he will consult with Kamala about the problems in India.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:13 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,887,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
[/b]

The bold is something the world really needs to think about. Maybe it is time to limit travel in and out of some countries. Maybe if traveling from a less developed nation people should be quarantined and tested on sight? The world is smaller with modern travel and viruses are traveling by those means as well. As much as I hate to say it, it is Time to rethink world travel.
I always was calculated in where I traveled as a youth but now I am being even more cautious. Obviously as I age, the risk of complications goes higher.

Many countries have been scratched off the list. No-go zone period. Now I have to think about avoiding communities with heavy rural immigrant populations as well.

I have not traveled extensively within South Korea yet but want to, especially seeing how well they handled COVID compared to here.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
hahahahaha You believed it? A death rate of 75%? hahahahahahaha

Old 09-10-2021, 09:16 AM

291 posts, read 159,961 times
Of course I'd be in favor of a lockdown/modified society for a virus with a 75% mortality rate. Assuming the lockdowns weren't indefinite.

But we are treating Covid (with it's > 99% survival rate) with similar restrictions. It's insulting to anyone who isn't a partisan Democrat. Especially in a post-vaccine world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies