Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it Patriotic for someone to be a Vegetarian or Vegan?
yes 0 0%
no 9 100.00%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 06:40 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,067 times

Advertisements

In the past one might associate being a "health nut" as "hippie-ish" or would predict the person also held left wing political views

but now there are more noticeable "Right Wing Health Nuts" with their own political angle connected to various health choices

Last edited by jonbenson; 09-14-2021 at 06:53 AM..

Old 09-14-2021, 06:45 AM

2,047 posts, read 858,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
In the past one might associate being a "health nut" as "hippie-ish" or would predict the person also held left wing political views

but now there are more noticeable "Right Wing Health Nuts" their own political angle connected to various health choices
Well one thing I know for sure is the federal government doesn’t give a rip about American citizens health. If they did they would be coaching us on how to overall better improve our health and let’s do better if we became infected with Covid. They would at least at a minimum advise people to lose a little weight, try and exercise and make sure they were taking vitamin D three. These things probably would’ve saved hundreds of thousands of lives. It’s all about pushing the vaccine and that’s all they care about.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:48 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Well one thing I know for sure is the federal government doesn’t give a rip about American citizens health. If they did they would be coaching us on how to overall better improve our health and let’s do better if we became infected with Covid. They would at least at a minimum advise people to lose a little weight, try and exercise and make sure they were taking vitamin D three. These things probably would’ve saved hundreds of thousands of lives. It’s all about pushing the vaccine and that’s all they care about.
Consuming less doesn't make corporations and big pharma lots of money... nor does spending lots of money on fresh fruits and berries since these aren't large industries padding the pockets of politicians nor are they particularly high profit margin. They also often take a lot more land to grow relative to industrialized corn and soy products.

Besides, my body my choice. You can't tell people what to do! Now be quiet and go eat a bag of Doritos. On another note our local Dollar General is pretty much cleaned out of the frozen berries I use for my smoothies.. I have to drive to neighboring towns to find them. I suspect my smoothie making days are going to be numbered unless I want to spend big bucks to acquire the berries.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:53 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:

but now there are more noticeable "Right Wing Health Nuts" their own political angle connected to various health choices
I reject your premise. Provide some evidence supporting your assertions or GTFOH.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:53 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:

You are redefining "health nut" as an individual that declines to take a COVID vaccine that does not prevent COVID infections/spread for a disease with a 98.4% recovery rate for reasons that are personal to him/her. There is nothing inherently political about exercising personal choice.

Those using political means to force/coerce those people into taking COVID vaccines are making it political.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
You are redefining "health nut" as an individual that declines to take a COVID vaccine that does not prevent COVID infections/spread for a disease with a 98.4% recovery rate for reasons that are personal to him/her. There is nothing inherently political about exercising personal choice.

Those using political means to force/coerce those people into taking COVID vaccines are making it political.
I didn't mention COVID

swagger just accused me of not providing examples

however, that's where you guys can help out

Old 09-14-2021, 07:02 AM

4,960 posts, read 2,239,613 times
Quote:
I didn't mention COVID
Yeah, I am sure your OP had nothing to do with COVID.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Yeah, I am sure your OP had nothing to do with COVID.
I noticed this trend even before COVID was invented

Old 09-14-2021, 07:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
swagger just accused me of not providing examples

however, that's where you guys can help out
Why should I help you make your case?

WTF is going on here? Do you know how this works?

Your OP is complete nonsense. A fantasy you dreamt up and want to pretend is real. If you want anyone to accept your premise, you have to remove your idea from the realm of fantasy by giving us some piece of information, other than your daydreams, demonstrating that your idea has some amount of validity.

How people care for themselves has nothing to do with politics. As I already stated, your premise is garbage.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:12 AM

17,805 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
I noticed this trend even before COVID was invented
Dude, you are doing this all wrong. If you were doing a thread about how black and brown people were poor and on food stamps....but were still fat...

You'd be hearing about how health conscious all these right wingers are. And they'd be doling out all the reasons that they are health conscious. Just like a health nut would. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies