Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 07:04 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times

Advertisements

dear lord.....snowflakes on all sides

the guy got yelled at....so what

...a guy yelled at a delivery guy....so what
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 07:12 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,928,011 times
from the article....
Quote:
Heather Rose, Mayrant’s brother and mannequin, took to Instagram to share the harrowing footage which sparked a wave of help for Mayrant and anger at Boynton who has been labelled a racist.

wait... what?

Old 09-10-2021, 07:15 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Delivery guy. So now every trespasser is a "delivery guy"?

Ouch! That sounds rather painful.

But yes, you are absolutely right. A piece of human garbage can vandalize your home, assault you, steal your property, burn your house down, kill your dog, beat your family, etc. But then if you attempt to stop him from doing any of those things, you are the bad guy.
Wait. What?? Yes. The trespasser was a delivery guy from Amazon, delivering a package ordered by the screamer. Did you miss that?

Old 09-10-2021, 07:17 PM

12,983 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Are Amazon drivers considered program managers? It seems so from the quoted article - "program manager fired for screaming at fellow Amazon delivery driver".

Old 09-10-2021, 07:25 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Wait. What?? Yes. The trespasser was a delivery guy from Amazon, delivering a package ordered by the screamer. Did you miss that?
No, I didn't miss that. But I also didn't miss that you were generalizing.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Are Amazon drivers considered program managers? It seems so from the quoted article - "program manager fired for screaming at fellow Amazon delivery driver".
That’s a very fair question but I’d guess this yeller was higher up in the chain, thus his belief he could scream at the driver and get away with it at work.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
No, I didn't miss that. But I also didn't miss that you were generalizing.
Chris, you used to be entertaining to debate. You were the one who said I should be glad I live in current times because before this guy could have been shot for trespassing. No, he couldn’t have been, ever. Done with you.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:39 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Chris, you used to be entertaining to debate. You were the one who said I should be glad I live in current times because before this guy could have been shot for trespassing. No, he couldn’t have been, ever. Done with you.
Man, and you've accused me of not reading (or understanding) your entire posts in the past. I said no such thing. I said trespassers at one time could have been shot for trespassing. Is there a time that a delivery person who had been contracted by the landowner to deliver whatever goods on said property would have been considered a trespasser?

You were generalizing about the popular "Get off my lawn" thing. I was then generalizing about possible reasoning behind "Get off my lawn." And now you are done with me. Damn it. I've gone and ruined our relationship. I'm going to go have a strong martini or five and think about what I could possibly have done to cause you to walk out on me like this.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:47 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
That’s a very fair question but I’d guess this yeller was higher up in the chain, thus his belief he could scream at the driver and get away with it at work.
Oh, please. Nobody did any screaming.
scream
/skrēm/

verb
verb: scream; 3rd person present: screams; past tense: screamed; past participle: screamed; gerund or present participle: screaming

give a long, loud, piercing cry or cries expressing excitement, great emotion, or pain.
"they could hear him screaming in pain"

Old 09-10-2021, 08:09 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Amazon actually has a policy stating that drivers not walk on people's lawns when possible. Not sure why some of you are having such a hard time grasping this. He was justifiably chastised for it and Amazon was completely wrong for terminating the chastiser. Suppose the driver had thrown a box containing an expensive electronics item instead of walking it to the front door and the item was damaged. Would it be OK to chastise the driver under those circumstances? Think hard before you answer. You're backing yourself into a corner pretty quickly. This is fun. It's like a cat toying with a mouse before the kill.
I’m genuinely having a hard time thinking of what it would be like to be so anal as to compare one walk across grass to an expensive piece of electronics. The only reason I haven’t xeriscaped my front yard is because the neighbor kids actually use it.

If I were hanging out on my front porch like I am now, and a delivery guy threw my package, I’d say “what the f*ck dude‽” and call customer service, get them to direct me properly because I’m not an as$hole (seriously, it’s really easy to get where you need after one or two transfers when you’re not a whiny boomer), then get my money back. I can’t find anything in the article that suggests anything about damaged packages.

I dated a UPS operations manager long-term. I’ve told him to his face that he’s been an unreasonable as$hole with circular “because I said so” logic to his employees before. I can definitely see where someone who rose through the ranks at Amazon, which is way worse than UPS, would pile on with the petty grass thing, then use slurs if the subordinate talked back. That said, before we dated, he once had another manager’s driver very coincidentally run into his truck in his own driveway. He just got the insurance and didn’t get the driver fired, just gave him crap about it for years to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies