Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 11:46 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times

Advertisements

Most likely California will cheat to keep him in, hopefully to their own fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 11:47 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,320,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And that couldn't wait until the actual election? It's a stunt. Republicans doing their thing: If they're not in charge, they sabotage.

The people of California wanted this recall. Hence why it's so close that Newsom had a mental breakdown over it until "Cackles" promised to do a speech for him. I know this might be a shocker to you, but many Cali residents are tired of the destruction going on in your state. Unemployment is sky high, homelessness is sky high, crime is up, and your state is in debt.

Factor all of that in with a Governor who's literally the walking definition of "rules for thee but not for me" during this entire pandemic, and the people are tired of it. I hope he loses to Elder, and I hope it drives you mad.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing the constructive cooperation from Republican legislators, then.

No you're not. You've been prancing around all over CD touting as if there's nothing wrong with your state. Congrats - you're one of the many Cali residents that's part of the problem.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:49 AM

Quote:
17 posts before the Ultimate Boogeyman was brought up? City-Data, you're slacking.

Soros and the CEO of Netflix donated some healthy checks to Newsom. But I know, you don't care. They could've waited 9 more months, right?

Old 09-10-2021, 11:57 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
It won’t happen. I think it should but it won’t. He had support and probably a rigged system.
I also want to know who he supporters blame for the homeless crisis? Or do they not believe it’s real?
Nope-

Too many loonies in CA- very little chance.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:00 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Regardless of the outcome, probably the best 270 Million dollars that the State has spent in the last few years.

As it proves one thing....the Governor knows that people will not stand for mandates.

As soon as the recall became official, within days he announced that he would "open the State". If it wasn't for the recall we would all be masked and jabbed, but he knows that would not fly even in this highly liberal-leaning state. The Legislature dropped the Vaccine Passport bill due to fears it would bolster the recall effort.

However, come the day after the vote he will go back to his dictatorial ways, and if people think what Biden announced was bad...you ain't seen nothing yet.
It’s a good thing for the government to be scared of the people every once in a while. As an independent, I think one party rule (either Democratic or Republican) is very bad and ultimately leads to failure. I’m from California, and I’d love it if the electorate gave the entrenched corrupt Democratic establishment in that state a big F U .

Old 09-10-2021, 12:01 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He won't be.

Those crazy Liberals deserve a screwed up, corrupt Governor. Shame it hurts the good people in CA.
Same here. He's not going anywhere. Besides, he's related to Pelosi. You know what hell Pelosi would unleash if Newsome was removed? Talk about the curse of the 10,000 year old unraveled mummy with makeup.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:04 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
It won’t happen. I think it should but it won’t. He had support and probably a rigged system. I also want to know who he supporters blame for the homeless crisis? Or do they not believe it’s real?
Newsome would have been recalled if there was only requested absentee ballots and one day, in person voting. The people who want him recalled are motivated; most people don't really care and probably would not have bothered to vote. As it is, ballot harvesting will help Newsom win easily.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:11 PM

4,509 posts, read 4,045,228 times
In CA you are legally allowed to run around, collect other people's ballots, fill them out for them and drop it off. For People who might not even exist.

AND all of their mail ballots specifically show ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE if they are recalling the governor or not. AND supposedly you can use a light through the envelope to see their vote.

So No. Of course the **** not.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
In CA you are legally allowed to run around, collect other people's ballots, fill them out for them and drop it off. For People who might not even exist.

AND all of their mail ballots specifically show ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE if they are recalling the governor or not. AND supposedly you can use a light through the envelope to see their vote.

So No. Of course the **** not.

You can also print your ballot from the comfort of your home. But we have people on here like Natalie and Dane saying we're crazy for factoring in that they could cheat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies