Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 08:21 PM

8,626 posts, read 10,148,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
War is hell. A mistake isn’t a lie. No one intended this to happen, and it isn’t the first and won’t be the last time innocent people die in a war zone. Prayers for the deceased and those on our military who made this error. If this is even true.
This mistake is what happens when we have no real over-the-horizon capabilities since our CIA pulled out, our troops pulled out, our intelligence is gone and our Afghan partners on the ground are in hiding from the Taliban. Kirby and Milley neglected to name the "high-profile" individual just like when pressed to explain what our remaining over the horizon capabilities are, they couldn't.

An article on defense.gov on July 6 (just two months ago) stated, "As for the over-the-horizon capability, Kirby said DOD is in active discussions with the State Department regarding the nature of what that capability will be. He mentioned that there's a carrier strike group in the region and facilities throughout the Middle East that could be useful if needed." Kirby also stated, "Our commitment to the future of a stable and secure Afghanistan has not changed. It's just going to look different. We're just not going to be on the ground the way we are now."

It doesn't appear that the nature of what this capability will be or could be was well-thought out. Furthermore, this is what happens when we allow the Taliban to gain access to biometrics and trust them to provide us with intelligence. Pure incompetence.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...tan-if-needed/

Last edited by AZLiam; 09-10-2021 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 08:25 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
I checked the link. Can you point to the "Overwhelming evidence" part???
NYT reported it first.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...31919147851816

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...-family-video/

Old 09-10-2021, 08:26 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Military members are not allowed to criticize the leadership publicly. They can lose their jobs, sacrifice their commissions, and be prosecuted under the UCMJ. Those rules don't go for the public at large.

Did you notice what happened, and happened quickly, when the Marine Lt Col criticized the Afghan exit? He had been relieved of duty before the day was over and later resigned his commission after 17 years of service - just 3 years before retirement eligibility.
Yes, RocketDawg. Military members are NOT ALLOWED to publicly criticize leadership.

That's what I was saying all along. Because it weakens us, in wartime, publicly.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:27 PM

1,152 posts, read 617,786 times
Quote:
War is hell. A mistake isn’t a lie. No one intended this to happen, and it isn’t the first and won’t be the last time innocent people die in a war zone. Prayers for the deceased and those on our military who made this error. If this is even true.
What? This isn’t a mistake. The mistake was killing innocent people, telling us we killed a bad guy when innocents were actually killed is hardly a mistake. That’s purposeful and Ill-intended.

Last edited by stank1964; 09-10-2021 at 08:43 PM..

Old 09-10-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Well, I don’t believe Biden was given any particulars before it happened. And I fully believe whoever operated the drone did so I’m very good faith, with support of his military superiors that they had a guilty party in their sights. And I’m still not convinced they were wrong.
Any chance you still don’t believe that Saddam Hussein actually had WMD?

Old 09-10-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I don’t believe war crimes are accidental unintended civilian casualties. Those are called collateral damage and happen tragically often.
The crime is the lie and the conspiracy about the joint lie.

Last edited by stank1964; 09-10-2021 at 08:44 PM..

Old 09-10-2021, 08:36 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
But nobody believes it was a mistake anyway. It was done to give the appearance that the big guy was not to be messed with.

Is there anything...anything at all that is real or truthful or honest about this administration or Mr. Biden?

I don't think there is.
Biden is a Jinx. Anything he is involved with, will turn to mud or somebody's blood. He can't help it, he is true bad luck.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:39 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Quit voting for the war mongers who un Constitutionally place our troops in harms way. Treat the cause, not the symptom.
We can start by demanding these liars step down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So this report says the first report (they were high-profile terrorists, with bombs in the car that exploded when the drone missile hit) was wrong.

How do we know this new report (it was a guy who was helping the U.S., no bombs in the car) isn't wrong?
Did you read through the link?

Pretty convincing. Video of the guy filling up water jugs. You see the water jugs in the wreckage.

Joke Biden won't release the name of the "high profile target" and won't release the footage of the drone strike and stalking of the car.

The guy was doing aide work as he had been.

The explosion aftermath photos looks like a single hellfire missile per 3 of 3 experts. No explosives in car then. Witnesses heard no second explosion.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:40 PM

Quote:
You believe Biden said go out and bomb the water carrier and his family to death.
Clara, are you suggesting that Biden actually has better judgement than that? I am not so sure I would agree.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:43 PM

8,626 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Biden is a Jinx. Anything he is involved with, will turn to mud or somebody's blood. He can't help it, he is true bad luck.
Biden and this administration have become the new template for dishonesty and lacking integrity. Just take the exact opposite of anything they say or do in order to find the truth. Once you recognize this, you can't unsee it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies