Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2021, 10:44 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Are you talking about that old Boomer Culling of 2020?
well I guess thats one way to look at it! Kill off the susceptible ones first and no one left to kill!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 11:44 AM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
What a wonderful world it would be if Evangelicals felt the same way about abortion or gay marriage that Anti-Vaxers felt about getting a vaccination. How is someone's abortion hurting you? How is someones gay marriage hurting you.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:52 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
You know nothing about infectious disease, immunology and virology, do you?
Are you suggesting people commenting in this thread don't understand all there is to understand about the likes? Whatever could cause you to post such a thing?

Obviously, we're all very well versed in the history of contagious diseases. How they have worked their magic to the tune of millions who have died from them over the course of human history. The history of scientists, medical professionals, who have developed the vaccines and thereby kept many more millions from dying and/or infecting others. Also our own nature ability to overcome some of these diseases. How herd immunity works. Especially for some early explorers. Not so well for some of the indigenous folks for some reason...

We all well know this history! Just like we know the history of all the many people who would have none of it from the beginning! This is nothing new. Let us pray.

Just the same old problem of dragging some of the same old people from the old world into the new world. The history sadly and clearly shows the backward types that are always in the mix will always slow the progress for the others. Sometimes even to the point of unnecessary loss of life.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:56 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
It’s an unnecessary risk to my two small children, who are unvaccinated because they can’t yet get one. More and more children are getting hospitalized and some are dying from is (more than 400 have died in the US from COVID last I checked. So for the safety of my children and everyone else who isn’t able to get the vaccine, please consider getting vaccinated and helping to keep others safe.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:04 PM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
I am pretty conservative. I am vaccinated. I support others rights to make decisions about their health. I have no problems with same sex marriage and I don't really have an opinion on abortion.
For whatever any of this is worth, and clearly in terms of changing anyone's opinion, this effort is entirely worthless, but just FYI...

My wife and I got vaccinated as soon as we were fortunate enough to have a vaccine made available to us. My wife felt fatigued and had a sore arm for about two days. That was the worst of it for her. Fortunately, I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. My at higher risk son, with a bit of asthma, had to miss a day of work with a bad headache and completely fatigued the day of getting vaccinated and the day after. Then he bounced back no problem.

Everyone I know in my family and my wife's family got vaccinated, and we're all the better for it if for no other reason than some peace of mind when visiting our friends and family, including my elderly mother now in her 90's (also vaccinated). And even with that peace of mind, we've been careful not to over-do the visiting while the virus was circulating widely.

We don't live in some of the areas of the country where less people are vaccinated and where the hospitals are being impacted most severely as a result, but we're all alive and well so far. Anxiously waiting for this tide to turn so we can all go back to living a more normal life, without masks! All indications are that we'd be there already if it were not for so many people who didn't get vaccinated earlier on when it really would have made a difference. We'd all be far better off now if everyone got vaccinated as soon as possible.

Though I understand some of the more reasonable reasons not to get vaccinated, accepting some of these other reasons and so many of these other people who don't seem to care less about others really takes the patience of a saint. Wish I could do better along those lines...

Old 09-13-2021, 12:10 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
What a wonderful world it would be if Evangelicals felt the same way about abortion or gay marriage that Anti-Vaxers felt about getting a vaccination. How is someone's abortion hurting you? How is someones gay marriage hurting you.

I certainly classify as evangelical. I have no issue with gay marriage. The only thing I can say about abortion is Id prefer to see a legal option for people who are victims of rape/incest--there is still a moral issue obviously for everyone to deal with if they choice to do abortion. Ill definitely still consider those people baby killers.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 09-13-2021 at 12:50 PM..

Old 09-13-2021, 12:13 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I mean, this is the answer.

I have no idea why it needed to be explained but ok.

Well because unvaccinated people are no more incubators for viral mutation than vaccinated, may be even less so. https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-v...olve-20180510/
Just because someone parrots this does not make it true.

Vaccinated people can also need to be hospitalized in the ICU. Chances are you will not need to be in the ICU if you are Covid positive. Perhaps if they stop mandating nurse be vaccinated, they wont be quitting and there will be more personnel to man the ICU beds.
And there is a small chance you may get infected from a vaccinated person.
Again if you are vaccinated which means your less likely to get infected and less likely to have serious symptoms, less likely to be in ICU, how is an unvaccinated person a risk to you. If you are still at risk, why do you get vaccinated.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:27 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
It’s an unnecessary risk to my two small children, who are unvaccinated because they can’t yet get one. More and more children are getting hospitalized and some are dying from is (more than 400 have died in the US from COVID last I checked. So for the safety of my children and everyone else who isn’t able to get the vaccine, please consider getting vaccinated and helping to keep others safe.
if you are vaccinated and around your children you can spread the virus to them. Stop blaming the unvaccinated who may have nothing to do with your children, try looking in the mirror instead.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:21 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
if you are vaccinated and around your children you can spread the virus to them. Stop blaming the unvaccinated who may have nothing to do with your children, try looking in the mirror instead.
A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others. However, the risk for SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ed-people.html

Old 09-13-2021, 01:32 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It isn't. The problem they have is that it ticks them off to see anyone making a choice different from their own.

I have a smallpox vaccine. I'm protected from that disease with XXX probability. I couldn't care less whether my neighbor or friend has a smallpox vaccine. That is their choice to make.

Therein lies the philosophical difference between those who believe in authoritarian collectivism and tyranny, as opposed to those who believe in mutual individual liberty.
Because small pox is not spreading like wildfire - that’s a good thing. But when it was, all got their shot and now hardly see it anymore. An even better thing . The ICU was very full in SFL in August, did my son get all the care possible? I’d like to think so, but he did not survive Covid. He was waiting for his appt after I had Covid but had a torn ligament in his arm, so delayed him when had surgery. Delta showed up by June - by Aug it was crazy. Now in one hospital not delivering babies, another man died of heart condition because could not find room in any hospital. Unvaccinated people who get sick, do hurt the whole. Maybe not the transmission- but the illness itself uses up time, machinery, people and resources. My boy used the ECMO machine, Heart and lung machine, used for critical patients. Maybe if you get sick, with Covid or something else, that machine won’t be available to you, if they find you a bed. Just the facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies