Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2021, 03:15 PM

8,215 posts, read 3,412,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
Here is what the CEO of Pfizer has said with a video of him being interviewed to put this in perspective. I think it's better to provide the actual source.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/28/pfiz...ix-months.html
Of course the CEO of Pfizer wants the effectiveness to drop. Maybe they even designed it that way. If you only needed one vaccine for permanent immunity, what would happen to Pfizer's profits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 03:16 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,726,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Yes, and we aren't seeing hatred directed at the obese. That would be politically incorrect.
Not really. Just pointing out a fact and the hypocrisy. I would never want to ban anyone from access to healthcare even if I didn’t agree with their choices. Obesity is a risk factor for severe covid and is preventable.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:18 PM

8,215 posts, read 3,412,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And that is perfectly fine. As long as you are not trying to tell me how to run my life, we understand each other and both of us are happy. That's how liberty works.

Yeah, and the thing is they can't even SEE that blindingly bright logical booboo. Chances are they probably do see it, but want something to caterwaul about and want to identify yet another bogeyman. The white man bad thing is wearing a bit thin. So now we have the non-guinea pig bad thing going on.
When people are brainwashed into mob thinking, they do not see logical contradictions. And if you try to show them, they just get angrier. And angry people do not see logical contradictions. So don't expect any rational conversations with a brainwashed person.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:23 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,063,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Huh? I didn’t realize that advocating for public health or for the health and safety of my children was a political ideology? I think most people you’d come across care about the well-being of their children and other loved ones, regardless of political affiliation, no?

It is always the liberal mantra:

We need gun control “for the children”
We need open borders “for the children”
We need free healthcare “for the children”

Last week the narrative on COVID changed from “saving Grandma” to “you need to get vaccinated for the children.”

Your children’s welfare, for which you implore everyone to get vaccinated, is not more important than MY welfare or that of MY children.

Sorry but that’s how it is. Don’t try to shame people or accuse them of lacking compassion or concern because we all have to worry about your kids.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:27 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,850,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Yes, and we aren't seeing hatred directed at the obese. That would be politically incorrect.

But pressure should be put on the obese/morbidly obese, as their unhealthy lifestyles burden our healthcare system. More burden on the healthcare system leads to higher insurance rates, healthcare costs, etc.

Remember that picture of Loretta "Never Miss A Lunch" Lynch when she was "meeting" Bubba Clinton on the tarmac? She literally looked like 30 pounds of lard stuffed into a 10 pound bag. LoLy is -- conservatively -- 322 lbs of morbid obesity. You and I (the taxpayers) pay for the healthcare of these bloated bureaucrats.

Do you remember when Ted Kennedy was a thin, healthy guy? No, of course you don't, because he was a obese alcoholic the vast majority of his life. And Amy Klobuchar, bragging about eating salad with a fork? Sure, I believe that, if that salad was made up of Snicker bars and pepperoni pizza slices.

Since federal employees don't generate their own revenue, they should be subjected to "fitness coercion", much like corporate America is. If healthy is good for the goose, it's good for the gander. Stay off the dinner circuit, and stay on the treadmill.

I'm off to the gym.....

Old 09-13-2021, 03:33 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,358,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

Last week the narrative on COVID changed from “saving Grandma” to “you need to get vaccinated for the children.”

Your children’s welfare, for which you implore everyone to get vaccinated, is not more important than MY welfare or that of MY children.

Sorry but that’s how it is. Don’t try to shame people or accuse them of lacking compassion or concern because we all have to worry about your kids.
If it makes you feel better I will care significantly less about this once my babies have been vaccinated. Once that happens if you and others don’t want to get jabbed and then end up in the ICU later, more power to you. I just hope your health insurer wises up and charges you a massive premium to compensate for your recklessness.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:34 PM

17,522 posts, read 13,314,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.

I could care less about your threat to me.

It is your threat to everyone else that you come into contact with. Friends, family, strangers, EVERYONE!

If you don't want to be vaccinated and end up on a vent in some God forsaken ICU, big deal! But, you are taking a bed away from those you come into contact with and everyone else including pregnant mothers and babies,

Your choice is OK until it infringes upon others

Do them a favor and GO GET VACCINATED!

Old 09-13-2021, 03:42 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,445,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

It’s never we need abortion for the children.

Just observing…

Old 09-13-2021, 03:43 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,787,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Do them a favor and GO GET VACCINATED!
Do me a favor and LEAVE ME THE **** ALONE and MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Old 09-13-2021, 03:45 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,358,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
And five years down the line when you land in the ICU due to unknown side effects of the jab, I hope you're coverage is terminated for your knee jerk reaction and panic.
Seriously….. is that what you’re grasping at now??? Even after the FDA approval, the billions who have been safely vaccinated, etc. etc. Are you this meticulous about every other aspect of your life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies