U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 10:28 AM

6,482 posts, read 5,794,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This doesn’t any sense. Vaccinated people can have the virus and can even catch covid from other vaccinated people so how do unvaccinated people raise your risk as a vaccinated person in any way?
The risk is much higher from an unvaccinated person. Dont try to warp this, Terri. What I said is objective. You are trying to subjectively twist your anti-vaccine feelings into it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 10:28 AM

36,469 posts, read 15,824,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That’s not true. A study came out weeks ago showing that vaccinated and unvaccinated people carry similar viral loads.

I’m an independent, a former liberal so I’m not sure what political bias you are referring to.
Can you link that study?

Old 09-11-2021, 10:30 AM

24,142 posts, read 11,527,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
The risk is much higher from an unvaccinated person. Dont try to warp this, Terri. What I said is objective. You are trying to subjectively twist your anti-vaccine feelings into it.
How is the risk higher from an unvaccinated person when both groups can catch covid a nd can spread covid with similar viral loads?

Old 09-11-2021, 10:31 AM

37,178 posts, read 25,251,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
Data from Covid-19 tests in the US, the UK and Singapore are showing that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta can carry as much virus in their nose as do unvaccinated people. This means that despite the protection offered by vaccines, a proportion of vaccinated people can pass on Delta, possibly aiding its rise. So Delta is the game changer. You (If you are positive) are no more a threat than a fully vaccinated covid positive person. If you are negative, you are a zero threat.

All these blah blah being said, in my uncle's hospital, all hospitalized are unvaccinated folks, and it doesn't take a lot to overwhelm a hospital. They say if the hospital beds are 20% occupied by covid patients, that hospital is overwhelmed. No doubts that if more people vaccinated, the workload of healthcare providers would not be as heavy.

More broadly, the pandemic continues to take a devastating psychological toll on health workers — not just those who’ve spent the past year and a half working in ICUs but, lately, also their backups. This is just common sense stuff.

I am not sure YOU are a particular threat just because you are not vaccinated, but if this pandemic goes on and on, hospitals would be overrun, and everyone has to pay the price, it is just how it is.

I just won't blame you in particular. If you take the virus seriously, and you choose to be unvaccinated. More power to you.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:31 AM

17,696 posts, read 17,825,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And a vaccine, in it's traditional definition, is suppose to protect you from that "viral load," is it not? In fact, it is supposed to protect you from ANY viral load (of that particular virus). So, for instance, if I am around someone who has smallpox, because I am vaccinated, I should have my chance of contracting that disease reduced by XXX percent. Which, statistically I am. That's what medical statistics state.

So, if that is not the case with this miraculous covid "vaccine," why are we even calling it a vaccine? Why don't we call it what it will turn out to be? Which is a failure. It looks as though it was never meant to be a vaccine, anyway. When the dictionary changes its definition of vaccine to try to make the covid "vaccine" look better, you know it sucks.
It’s not a vaccine. It’s a government marketing scheme. They will not address it, discuss it, or talk about it in any way. And the shot is a bust anyway. Shot or no shot you can catch and pass the covid. Shot or no shot the virus can mutate. Just like the flu does. The only benefit thus far is symptoms may be less severe. So you have a better chance of not dying. They refuse to come clean about what the “non-vaccine” really is, or isn’t, and it’s actual effectiveness. It’s political. Nothing to do with health or caring about you.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:32 AM

24,142 posts, read 11,527,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Can you link that study?
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02187-1

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-v...-unvaccinated/

https://www.ndm.ox.ac.uk/files/coron...ve20210816.pdf

Old 09-11-2021, 10:32 AM

44,738 posts, read 23,262,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Because you are an incubator for viral mutation, reducing the effectiveness of my vaccination.

Because if you get infected and have to be hospitalized in the ICU, that is one less bed for people who may need it for other reasons.

Because if you are infected and come into proximity with me, there is a small chance I may catch a breakthrough infection.
As if there's anyone with functioning ears and eyes who doesn't have this information. If people bothered building a fact-based worldview, they wouldn't be anti-vaxxers in the first place.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:33 AM

23,003 posts, read 24,621,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Fixed that Freudian slip, I see.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:34 AM

3,151 posts, read 1,779,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unvaxxed carry more viral load.

Do you folks really not know this or are you so blinded by your political bias you refuse to acknowledge it?
Do you refuse to acknowledge that the vast majority of the world population hasn't been affected by this? Both before and after the vaccine? Political bias doesn't have a single damn thing to do with THAT.

I took the the shot(s) because my spouse with multiple risk factors hounded me to do it. I probably wouldn't have otherwise. And that's not because I might lean heavily conservative... it's because while it's certainly a 'real' thing, and many, many people have died, the only thing this vaccine(s) has been proven to do is lessen the severity. Period.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:34 AM

22,157 posts, read 15,714,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
You acknowledge that vaccinated can pass the virus, but you seem to think you could only get the virus from unvaccinated?
Something else they have a hard time seeing. If these people got in a debate with a good orator who had all aspects of logical thought down, they would be smoked so bad they would look like a charcoal briquette when the logician was finished with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies