U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2021, 07:05 AM

31,396 posts, read 16,029,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
It isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsyccsMtifU
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2021, 07:13 AM

43,923 posts, read 21,201,804 times
Quote:
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
The unvaccinated seemed to be getting more sick. Hospitals/medical staff are reporting that the most serious patients are unvaccinated.

That puts a burden on the medical system in my community. So if I have a medical issue I may not be able to get the medical attention I would normally get because staff is over burdened with dealing with unvaccinated people.

Because so many of us are vaccinated and not ending up in the hospital, this is less of a worry as last winter's surge.

But it still is a concern.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:16 AM

43,923 posts, read 21,201,804 times
So I still see that many scour the internet finding the one or two doctors who have done 'research' with their limited patients to come to some general medical conclusion but refuse to acknowledge the peer reviewed studies, done in scientific environments by hundreds of thousands of medical experts globally.

I don't get that.

Either you trust all of them or none of them..

Old 12-30-2021, 07:24 AM

9,534 posts, read 2,502,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Because you are an incubator for viral mutation, reducing the effectiveness of my vaccination.

Because if you get infected and have to be hospitalized in the ICU, that is one less bed for people who may need it for other reasons.

Because if you are infected and come into proximity with me, there is a small chance I may catch a breakthrough infection.
So in other words, the vaccine doesn’t protect anyone.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:28 AM

18,152 posts, read 6,714,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
They can't.

It's always:

1. Hospital beds excuse
2. Unvaccinated kids excuse (they claim you're engendering children who can't take the vaccine)
3. High risk grandparents excuse

Clearly the vaccine doesn't work very well, if they're still obsessed over what the unvaccinated are doing
I will say it again....SOMEBODY is getting kickbacks....

Old 12-30-2021, 07:30 AM

21,091 posts, read 6,732,320 times
Quote:
I will say it again....SOMEBODY is getting kickbacks....
Exactly, we are approaching covid year 3. This is absurd.

Old 12-30-2021, 07:32 AM

9,534 posts, read 2,502,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
More cherry picking. The overall pattern is still that states with a higher percent vaccination are doing better. This is no different than the climate change deniers pointing to a couple of somewhat cooler years and then saying it's all a hoax, despite the overall trend being obviously up.

I get the argument that vaccines should not be mandated, but distorting the science? I think you can do better.
Israel had a huge surge and had a high vaccinated population, California in some places are surging, I know in Orange County and I believe Los Angeles county are seeing a rise.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:38 AM

17,692 posts, read 14,027,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Israel had a huge surge and had a high vaccinated population, California in some places are surging, I know in Orange County and I believe Los Angeles county are seeing a rise.
You are responding to a post I wrote in September, when it was the Delta variant. Now with Omicron, the vaccine protection against infection is much lower.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:42 AM

1,974 posts, read 592,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
We should really stop talking about cases, it's always been a useless and fear-mongering tactic. I don't like that people use the same fear-mongering tactic to attack the jabs; you can do that on the observations and Pfizer data/trials.

The jabs work for hospitalizations and deaths. If you're old/sick the adverse reaction/protection risk/reward is probably strongly in favor of the jabs.

Old 12-30-2021, 08:55 AM

4,446 posts, read 1,284,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
while it seems that both vaxed and unvaxed people can carry the virus and spread it...the evidence supports getting the vax lessons the severity of the sickness...
this may not be a direct effect on me, however it might overwhelm a hospitals ability to treat people and in an indirect way hurt others needing hospitalization
No, it doesn't seem that way, it IS that way. As in the "vaccine" vaccinates you from nothing.

So whatever "evidence" is out there that "suggests" that the vaccine lessens the effects of the virus, did the evidence take into consideration a person's natural immunity, fitness level, diet, alcohol consumption, and prior medical history? I doubt it.

Lots of people are going to the hospital out of fear, not because they are feeling especially bad. Omicron has the same symptoms as a head cold. They are clogging them up, not unvaxed people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies