U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2021, 12:02 PM
 
8,062 posts, read 6,078,645 times
Reputation: 6738

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And you could also be struck with lightning tomorrow or die in a car crash on the freeway. The obvious remedy is to live under a rock and never come out.
lol. I love it! That's one way. Dems love their doom and gloom so they may see living under a rock very enjoyable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2021, 12:52 PM
 
6,533 posts, read 7,546,646 times
Reputation: 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Liberals are really confusing. They claim they "hope all the unvaccinated just die off"
OTOH they pretend to be caring for the well being of the unvaccinated.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2021, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Any Beach/FL
31,181 posts, read 17,657,961 times
Reputation: 12709
[quote=Grlzrl;61888488]If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.[/QUOTE

You might infect my grand who is not vaxxed. Some one infected my son at work before he got to his vax appt. He died as a result. Maybe if all vaxed we could slow this evil down ? Why not??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2021, 01:08 PM
 
6,533 posts, read 7,546,646 times
Reputation: 3704
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You might infect my grand who is not vaxxed. Some one infected my son at work before he got to his vax appt. He died as a result. Maybe if all vaxed we could slow this evil down ? Why not??
Sorry for your loss. Since both vaccinated and unvaccinated can both be infected and infect others, how do you know who infected him?

(even if you can track down to a certain unvaccinated individual who you believe infected your son, how could it make difference if that individual had been vaccinated? Also, even if your son were vaccinated, how could it make difference since that doesn't prevent infection?)

Also, who infected the person who then infected your son? That person could have been vaccinated even if the person infecting your son was unvaccinated.

Last edited by snowmountains; 12-31-2021 at 01:34 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2021, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
20,700 posts, read 6,532,029 times
Reputation: 19268
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
OTOH they pretend to be caring for the well being of the unvaccinated.
Exactly.

Hell, even Africa is largely not vaccinated and we don't see "millions of corpses."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2021, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Any Beach/FL
31,181 posts, read 17,657,961 times
Reputation: 12709
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71 View Post
Vaccinated people are getting their immune systems compromised from the shot. If anything, vaccinated people are in danger to themselves.
No facts too that - zero
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2021, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Any Beach/FL
31,181 posts, read 17,657,961 times
Reputation: 12709
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Sorry for your loss. Since both vaccinated and unvaccinated can both be infected and infect others, how do you know who infected him?

(even if you can track down to a certain unvaccinated individual who you believe infected your son, how could it make difference if that individual had been vaccinated? Also, even if your son were vaccinated, how could it make difference since that doesn't prevent infection?)
Thank you, he was working his PT job at a store in Miami. They had removed the masks mandate, and his fam was on a road trip. Delta came fast. I had it, with 5 other family members in Orlando, 2 weeks before. I told him to go get vaxed it’s not over! I had a shot on a Monday by Sat I had covid, my grand was sick and gave to me, but we didn’t know. I believe the load is less if vaxed - I’m no expert- but once vaxed seems the spread diminishes. The hosts have more power to kick the virus off, it then has no where to thrive. I don’t know- but it seems to help but that was Delta.
Seems Omicron you need triple the shot so you become more unstable for the virus to thrive. To me - to vax is to save you and to mask n social distance helps keep infection down. All preventive measures help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2021, 01:43 PM
 
8,617 posts, read 2,095,790 times
Reputation: 4473
The answer is still either

1. The vaccine is a real vaccine and works, so the unvaccinated are no risk whatsoever to the vaccinated.

or

2. The vaccine does not truly work in the same way as all true vaccines, so since it doesn't work, the vaccinated are still at risk and essentially just wasted their time by getting it

I still think the answer is 1, but apparently our authoritarian friends on the left think that it's 2.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2021, 01:50 PM
 
Location: *
13,090 posts, read 4,336,544 times
Reputation: 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Thank you, he was working his PT job at a store in Miami. They had removed the masks mandate, and his fam was on a road trip. Delta came fast. I had it, with 5 other family members in Orlando, 2 weeks before. I told him to go get vaxed it’s not over! I had a shot on a Monday by Sat I had covid, my grand was sick and gave to me, but we didn’t know. I believe the load is less if vaxed - I’m no expert- but once vaxed seems the spread diminishes. The hosts have more power to kick the virus off, it then has no where to thrive. I don’t know- but it seems to help but that was Delta.
Seems Omicron you need triple the shot so you become more unstable for the virus to thrive. To me - to vax is to save you and to mask n social distance helps keep infection down. All preventive measures help.
I'm very sorry for your awful loss, mere words cannot express.

I am no expert either but all I know is that all people are capable of learning from our collective histories. 'History does not necessarily repeat but often rhymes.' Here in NY, back when we collectively knew much less, it seemed that the human immune system can only withstand so much.

This is an older piece (June 2020) that seems to support:

NYC Subway Crews Hit Hardest by Coronavirus, MTA Numbers Show

Quote:
"We were basically working in an incubator.”
https://www.thecity.nyc/2020/6/1/212...a-numbers-show
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top