U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 10:51 AM

7,604 posts, read 3,138,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
It has been beaten to death, despite that you wrong and providing incorrect information.

Being vaccinated does prevent you from getting the virus, in the same way as any other vaccine prevents infection. Your body is primed for an immune response, and if you inhale viral particles, your body fights them off, preventing viral reproduction.

That means you are prevented from getting the virus.

Yes, there are breakthrough cases, and that is one reason, which I already provided, for all people to get vaccinated.
The CDC is using data from other vaccines to support that statement which just isn't true for rapidly mutating Coronaviruses.

The existing COVID vaccines do not produce sufficient IgA which is necessary to protect against infection.

IGG from Intramuscular vaccines only protects against organ damage for Coronaviruses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 10:52 AM

4,228 posts, read 1,498,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And that is perfectly fine. As long as you are not trying to tell me how to run my life, we understand each other and both of us are happy. That's how liberty works.

Yeah, and the thing is they can't even SEE that blindingly bright logical booboo. Chances are they probably do see it, but want something to caterwaul about and want to identify yet another bogeyman. The white man bad thing is wearing a bit thin. So now we have the non-guinea pig bad thing going on.
Sad isn't it

Old 09-11-2021, 10:54 AM

18,136 posts, read 6,657,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Lol and what do you think that virus is doing inside of you and all your friends were vaccinated? It’s doing the same thing virus as I’m done since the beginning of time. It’s working on a “work around“ and trust me when it does, because your immune system has been trained to only recognize a single spike protein on the virus outer shell and not the virus as a whole as those who have gotten over Covid naturally have immunity from the whole virus, you’re going to regret it. Why do you think hospitals in Israel are filling up with vaccinated people right now as we speak? they were ahead of everybody With vaccines. We’re not far behind. I can guarantee you, within the next year the hospitals are going to be filling up with vaccinated people.

Two weeks ago even the CEO of Pfizer, the active current CEO came out and said the vaccines will eventually fail. Because it doesn’t prevent infection. Those that are infected and vaccinated are going to create a drastic mutations.
...or...MAYBE...they already are? The question is, do we trust people to tell the truth about whether the hospitals are full of vaxxed or unvaxxed now?

The problem is, when the government lies to you once...or 2000 times, you have trouble believing them on anything.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:54 AM

17,501 posts, read 24,174,515 times
Here ya go:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01696-3

When early field data showed that vaccinating people cuts transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, researchers were cautiously optimistic. But they warned that many of those studies, although promising, took place before the fast-spreading Delta variant proliferated worldwide. Now, reports from various countries seem to confirm what scientists feared after the variant tore through India with alarming speed in April and May: Delta is more likely than other variants to spread through vaccinated people.
Data from COVID-19 tests in the United States, the United Kingdom and Singapore are showing that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta SARS-CoV-2 can carry as much virus in their nose as do unvaccinated people. This means that despite the protection offered by vaccines, a proportion of vaccinated people can pass on Delta, possibly aiding its rise.

Again, it has much to do with intramuscular vaccine delivery. While, the FIRST LINE OF DEFENCE against any aerosol virus is mucosa in naso/throat cavity and trachea. It is known as mucosal immunity. And vaccinated simply do not have it there. They have S-spike vectored antibodies for OUTDATED variants in their intercellar fluid. But that's it.

PS. and now you have Delta + variant, no one is talking about, 3 times different from Delta at S-spike epitop. While the world is still pumped with old Pfizer et al. Now you have Mu. And who knows what else coming. Hence, boosters every week. I am only curious, at what point in time vaccinated will finally "get it" that it simply is not working? When vaccine will replace blood?

Old 09-11-2021, 10:55 AM

12,772 posts, read 11,888,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
LOL, blaming others for the ineffectiveness of your so called "vaccine".
Yes, I follow the science. The vaccines are roughly 95% effective against the initial variants, somewhat less so against delta. The more unvaccinated people we have, the more incubators we have, the more variants we have. Yes, the blame is correct.

Quote:
And btw, the vaccinated are incubators for viral mutations.
Very rarely. Only if they are breakthrough infections, which are pretty rare all things considered. The unvaccinated form the greatest pool for mutational incubation.

Quote:
You mean there would be one less bed for the vaccinated people who are infected?
Sure, that would be true. But that isn't really that big a deal, because vaccinated people rarely get infected, and rarely experience hospitalization.

I was really thinking about people who have heart attacks, get into car accidents, that type of thing.

Quote:
And you are not afraid of a fellow vaccinated person come into proximity with you who may be carrying and passing the virus?
Much less so of course. Vaccinated people rarely get infected to the point where they have enough viral load to infect others. Yes, it could happen, but it is rational to play the odds and consider vaccinated people less risky to be around.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:56 AM

37,171 posts, read 25,239,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I think ALL people from both groups are utterly annoying.

haha So my friend, will you get the vaccination?

Old 09-11-2021, 10:58 AM

36,469 posts, read 15,814,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post

We really don’t know much in terms of unvaccinated people having a higher likelihood of catching covid because we only have limited data to go on, effectively a snapshot in time. We do know efficacy wanes so how long do people really have a lowered risk of transmission?

There are other factors as well. For instance, an unvaccinated introvert who enjoys watching movies at home on the weekends or getting together with a friend for coffee or dinner on occasion vs a vaccinated extrovert who goes out every weekend and mingles with large groups. Which one is more likely to catch covid?
I’m not vaxxed for that very reason.

I work from home and have the huge benefit of the benign coastal Southern California climate at my disposal for activities. If I happen to choose to interact with others we have the whole outside to do as we wish.

If people want to know my vax status while being on their property that’s their right to ask.

Everything I’ve read up until this point still supports getting the jab, all other things considered being equal, but that’s every individual’s right to decide for their self.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:58 AM

12,772 posts, read 11,888,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Now replace "covid" with "influenza." You could say the exact same things as you wrote above, and be every bit as accurate.

Why are you acting differently now than you did two years ago regarding the flu shot? You didn't care if people got it then. Maybe - maybe - you had actually formed an opinion on it, but you never would have shamed someone into complying with your opinion. I'd bet that the very idea of that would have been repulsive to even you, then.

What changed?
I have always been an advocate of getting flu shots, and I have provided people with accurate information on the reasons for getting it.

However, COVID has a far higher morbidity rate than the flu. That is a significant reason why, although it is important to get a flu shot, it is way more important to get a covid shot.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:59 AM

18,136 posts, read 6,657,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Lol and what do you think that virus is doing inside of you and all your friends were vaccinated? It’s doing the same thing virus as I’m done since the beginning of time. It’s working on a “work around“ and trust me when it does, because your immune system has been trained to only recognize a single spike protein on the virus outer shell and not the virus as a whole as those who have gotten over Covid naturally have immunity from the whole virus, you’re going to regret it. Why do you think hospitals in Israel are filling up with vaccinated people right now as we speak? they were ahead of everybody With vaccines. We’re not far behind. I can guarantee you, within the next year the hospitals are going to be filling up with vaccinated people.

Two weeks ago even the CEO of Pfizer, the active current CEO came out and said the vaccines will eventually fail. Because it doesn’t prevent infection. Those that are infected and vaccinated are going to create a drastic mutations.
This.

The Chinese sure unleashed a good one on the world, along with the help of Fauci.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:59 AM

13,849 posts, read 10,483,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
I DON'T consider your vaccination status as a threat to me. Further more, I figure your health decisions are none of my business. And I'm assuming that my single J&J covid vaccination should provide me with some protection against another person who may be shedding the virus. I"m not that worried about it and certainly have no plans to live my life cowering in fear of the latest lefty/news media appointed "boogeymen", the "Unvaccinated"..

I also don't buy into the baloney salad misinformation put out there by the agenda-driven guv'mint agencies and their minions,
right wing reactionaries, or the myriad of armchair "experts" regurgitating their preferred talking points and other myths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies