U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 11:02 AM

37,178 posts, read 25,251,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I DON'T consider your vaccination status as a threat to me. Further more, I figure your health decisions are none of my business. And I'm assuming that my single J&J covid vaccination should provide me with some protection against another person who may be shedding the virus. I"m not that worried about it and certainly have no plans to live my life cowering in fear of the latest lefty/news media appointed "boogeymen", the "Unvaccinated"..

I also don't buy into the baloney salad misinformation put out there by the agenda-driven guv'mint agencies and their minions,
right wing reactionaries, or the myriad of armchair "experts" regurgitating their preferred talking points and other myths.
same here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 11:02 AM

36,469 posts, read 15,824,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
haha So my friend, will you get the vaccination?
Ha!

Probably not. See my last post.

We have the benefit of living in this perfect climate to keep us “relatively” safe outside. I still avoid crowds but I always did.

Plus I have the advantage of not being a wimp native. Still cracks me up to see people complain in the winter when it’s 60 and overcast.

Fool, you wanna be in Cleveland right now?

Old 09-11-2021, 11:04 AM

7,821 posts, read 2,452,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
while it seems that both vaxed and unvaxed people can carry the virus and spread it...the evidence supports getting the vax lessons the severity of the sickness...
this may not be a direct effect on me, however it might overwhelm a hospitals ability to treat people and in an indirect way hurt others needing hospitalization

The only thing overwhelming hospitals is all the staffers that got laid off back in 2020 when non-COVID care was extricated - and now there is a surge of staffers (nurses other healthcare workers) quitting to avoid vaccine mandates.

And I don't see the Left fretting about the high numbers of folks dying because of treatable heart attacks, substance abuse, suicide, gang violence etc.

In other words, just like with the lockdowns, we're inflicting the damage ourselves.

Trump was right.

The "cure" should not be worse than the disease. And it is. By leaps and bounds.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:06 AM

21,958 posts, read 22,063,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
vaccinated people rarely get infected, and rarely experience hospitalization.
I'll just point out that unvaccinated people "rarely experience hospitalization," too.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:10 AM

37,178 posts, read 25,251,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ha!

Probably not. See my last post.

We have the benefit of living in this perfect climate to keep us “relatively” safe outside. I still avoid crowds but I always did.

Plus I have the advantage of not being a wimp native. Still cracks me up to see people complain in the winter when it’s 60 and overcast.

Fool, you wanna be in Cleveland right now?
yep. totally agree.

You keep yourself safe, vaccinated or not vaccinated.

This said, you might want to find a smaller hospital near your house if you needed medical care. I understand why many people automatically trust State-of-the-art Facilities (example UCLA medical center) during pandemic, but smaller hospitals in my opinion are probably better for relatively healthy people.

My go to hospital used to be Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (Newport Beach, CA), Just found out the covid patients occupation rate is only 13%, but ADULT INPATIENT BEDS USED 100%! I now use telemedicine, and my primary doctor. If there is an emergency, I probably will use the smaller hospital in Anaheim.

Here, you can find out if the hospitals near your house are occupied. type your county name and check yourself.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-full-is-yours

best luck and good luck everyone. You all stay safe.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:11 AM

6,534 posts, read 7,551,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Yes, I follow the science.
You follow CDC, which is no science. You even follow CDC's pet phrase, "follow the science".

We study science, understand science, apply science. Never heard a NASA slogn "Follow the science".

Just like Dem campaigns, the pro-covid-vaxxers seem to have a handbook and every one of them uses the same phrases and labels--"follow the science", "the pandemic of the unvaccinated"....

Old 09-11-2021, 11:12 AM

12,780 posts, read 11,899,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'll just point out that unvaccinated people "rarely experience hospitalization," too.
Rarely is relative. Unvaccinated people are hospitalized at a rate of 29x the rate of vaccinated people

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDC
The age-adjusted hospitalization rate in unvaccinated persons (29.4) was 29.2 times the rate in fully vaccinated persons (1.0); the hospitalization rate was similar in partially vaccinated persons (0.90) (Supplementary Table; https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/109087).Aug 27, 2021

Old 09-11-2021, 11:14 AM

2,335 posts, read 1,905,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain how that's a threat to you.
It isn't.

I can still carry the virus and infect you, what a stupid question.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:14 AM

12,780 posts, read 11,899,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
You follow CDC, which is far from science. You even follow CDC's pet phrase, "follow the science".

We study science, understand science, apply science. Never heard a NASA slogn "Follow the science".

Just like Dem campaigns, the pro-covid-vaxxers seem to have a handbook and every one of them uses the same phrases and labels.
Rather than debate the science, you would prefer to engage in a semantic argument?

Sounds like you are not willing to engage with facts.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:18 AM

12,484 posts, read 12,669,614 times
Unvaxed people are not a threat to me. Its like if I see someone breaking into cars in my neighborhood but my car is safe in my garage what do I care? The unvaxed are not a threat to my comunity but a threat in my community and I care about that. Isn't that how citizenship works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies