Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2021, 04:08 AM

8,035 posts, read 10,624,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I still wish that the natural immunity from already having it would be more discussed. It is rarely mentioned. It's just get the shot and shut up already.

I had COVID last month, why should I have to be treated for a disease I had, recovered from, and have antibodies and natural immunity.

Just the fact that this is rarely mentioned should be raising some red flags.
They are not addressing "the science" regarding this at all. I would like to know why this is not being discussed by the "experts" or the President. Many, many people have had the virus and fully recovered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 04:35 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,343,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
oh no.. heaven forbid they get to make their own decision about their own life... can't have that.

IF you are scared... stay home

IF you must go out... wear 10 masks

simple :-)
You asked how they were doing and I answered. If you only want an echo chamber, go to an echo chamber board and revel in the hug box effect.

simple

Old 09-12-2021, 04:53 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,706,617 times
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain why that's a risk to you.

Widespread vaccination has the potential to slow or even eliminate a contagion like COVID-19...looking back decades shows us the enormous impact of vaccination on polio, smallpox, influenza, and many other infectious illnesses.

Had more people been vaccinated sooner, the Delta variant and the variants sure to follow, might never pose the threat they do now. Frustrating, because, here in the USA, we had & have the amount of COVID-19 vaccines necessary for every person to achieve the goal of getting out from under the grip of the virus. With higher vaccination rates worldwide, the pandemic might even be over by now.

To answer this thread's question: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity the virus has to spread. This means the outbreaks ---such as those we are seeing this summer in the areas with the lowest vaccination rates---are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people.

This concept is known as community immunity, or more commonly, herd immunity. Each member of the community contributes to the collective health of the community because the way pathogens ---aka germs/cooties/viruses--- survive is by finding new people to infect. The fewer susceptible people in a community, the less opportunity the pathogen has to spread and mutate.

Interestingly, people often do not think about the fact that there are times when every family needs the protection of their community. New babies and infants may be too young to be vaccinated, and older adults or adults being treated for illnesses may be more susceptible to infections as well, vaccinated or not. In the case of COVID-19 our precious children under 12 remain ineligible for the vaccines and highly susceptible to the Delta variant, as we are seeing.

Lastly, pandemic disease is not only a threat to the health of our nation's populace, it is a threat to our economic and national security as well. For our country to get through this crisis we must pull together.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-12-2021 at 05:02 AM..

Old 09-12-2021, 04:59 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,357,906 times
Because regardless of the effect on me personally, you are helping to propagate a world wide pandemic in which millions are dying. Congratulations on your contribution to society.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:06 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
If you are vaxxed and I am not, please explain why that's a risk to you.

Widespread vaccination has the potential to slow or even eliminate a contagion like COVID-19...looking back decades shows us the enormous impact of vaccination on polio, smallpox, influenza, and many other infectious illnesses.

Had more people been vaccinated sooner, the Delta variant and the variants sure to follow, might never pose the threat they do now. Frustrating, because, here in the USA, we had & have the amount of COVID-19 vaccines necessary for every person to achieve the goal of getting out from under the grip of the virus. With higher vaccination rates worldwide, the pandemic might even be over by now.

To answer this thread's question: Vaccines aren’t 100 percent effective. So even some people who are vaccinated will still be at risk. Second: The greater the number of unvaccinated people in a community, the more opportunity the virus has to spread. This means the outbreaks ---such as those we are seeing this summer in the areas with the lowest vaccination rates---are more difficult to stem and everyone is at greater risk of exposure — including vaccinated people.

This concept is known as community immunity, or more commonly, herd immunity. Each member of the community contributes to the collective health of the community because the way pathogens ---aka germs/cooties/viruses--- survive is by finding new people to infect. The fewer susceptible people in a community, the less opportunity the pathogen has to spread and mutate.

Interestingly, people often do not think about the fact that there are times when every family needs the protection of their community. New babies and infants may be too young to be vaccinated, and older adults or adults being treated for illnesses may be more susceptible to infections as well, vaccinated or not. In the case of COVID-19 our precious children under 12 remain ineligible for the vaccines and highly susceptible to the Delta variant, as we are seeing.

Lastly, pandemic disease is not only a threat to the health of our nation's populace, it is a threat to our economic and national security as well. For our country to get through this crisis we must pull together.

The you're-not-the-boss-of-me contingency appears to be proud of putting our nation's children at risk.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:08 AM

23,844 posts, read 24,087,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
They don't like it that many have gone against their "orders". The mandates are a punishment for that, plain and simple.
He’s been playing dictator on this issue for a while now, and he’s only been in there for less than a year.

Biden warns Fourth of July celebrations might be canceled if people don't get the COVID vaccine

Biden threatens to pull Medicare funding to impose vaccine mandate

Biden threatens to withhold funding from colleges over vaccines

Anyone who doesn’t see the intense power grab going on right now is just dumb. They don’t think about anything and don’t know history.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:31 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Because you are an incubator for viral mutation, reducing the effectiveness of my vaccination.

Because if you get infected and have to be hospitalized in the ICU, that is one less bed for people who may need it for other reasons.

Because if you are infected and come into proximity with me, there is a small chance I may catch a breakthrough infection.
Is this any different than all the other vaccines like the flu, smallpox etc?

vac•cine văk-sēn′, văk′sēn″►

• n.
    A preparation of a weakened or killed pathogen, such as a bacterium or virus, or of a portion of the pathogen's structure that upon administration to an individual stimulates antibody production or cellular immunity against the pathogen but is incapable of causing severe infection.
  • n.
    A preparation from the cowpox virus that protects against smallpox when administered to an individual.
More at Wordnik from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:34 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unvaxxed carry more viral load.

Do you folks really not know this or are you so blinded by your political bias you refuse to acknowledge it?
Your "superiority" complex is showing again!

Old 09-12-2021, 05:43 AM

366 posts, read 110,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Because vaccinated people can carry the virus. If you, unvaccinated, pass it onto me, I, showing no symptoms, can then pass it on to someone else who is immunocompromised.

This has been beaten to death, but getting vaccinated does not prevent you from getting the virus. It prevents you getting severe symptoms and having to be intubed, then likely dying. That is how a vaccine works, you were taught that in school, I would hope.

And that is the problem. People keep trying to use it as a "gotcha", "look, vaxxed people still getting sick!", yes...no one ever said they wouldnt? But your chance of death has gone down tremendously. This is why so many people who end up in the ICU are begging for the vaccine, just to be told its too late. It's why people who are on their death bed urge people to get it, they know what's coming and know it could have been prevented, but theyre out of time.

It's really sad, but also unphasing to see all this play out. It's so preventable. If you dont want to get the shot fine dont, but at least masking up will help keep everyone safe. Again, if you are sick, you will pass it to everyone.
Someone drank the kool aid...that doesn’t sound like a vaccine to me

Old 09-12-2021, 05:44 AM

364 posts, read 120,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Because you do not have any mucosal antibodies after your vaccine and, as the result, you carry 253 times more virions in your nasal/throat cavity, than average unvaccinated person or one with natural immunity.

Because you, without knowing it, produce mutated virions that are now capable of bypassing immunity, produced in you by vector or MRn vaccine. As the result, those mutations become more infectious and deadly. Thank you.

Because you are a passive carrier, just like anyone else. Yes, because you are vaccinated - against alpha variant only, btw - you have no to very light symptoms that you disregard, while spreading aerosol infection just like anyone else. While those, who are unvaccinated, get sick and stay home, to get over it. And get lifetime immunity along the way.

You DO realize that only VERY SMALL percent of unvaccinated, that were infected, actually end in hospitals? VERY SMALL. So you argument about taking care away from others is bogus.

Add to that that you have little to none protection against variants, different from one, your vaccine was designed for. Variants, that mutated as their fight against vaccine result. So what you going to do now - booster every week? Wake up in the morning, go to CNN, figure, which variant was mutated overnight, get latest booster?

Those pesky facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies