Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2021, 01:46 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,240,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
while it seems that both vaxed and unvaxed people can carry the virus and spread it...the evidence supports getting the vax lessons the severity of the sickness...
this may not be a direct effect on me, however it might overwhelm a hospitals ability to treat people and in an indirect way hurt others needing hospitalization
This...you not getting vaxed then getting sick takes up a hospital ICU bed taking away from someone that might be battling cancer...or having a heart attack or an accident.
People have died because they've had to be transported to hospitals further away from them because their local hospital had no capacity to treat them due to all the Covid patients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 01:54 PM

628 posts, read 286,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This...you not getting vaxed then getting sick takes up a hospital ICU bed taking away from someone that might be battling cancer...or having a heart attack or an accident.
People have died because they've had to be transported to hospitals further away from them because their local hospital had no capacity to treat them due to all the Covid patients.
^^^^
This. Also, just another 'let me appear to ask you a question so I can tell you why you are wrong when you answer it' thread. Yawn...

And before you AGAIN bring up the obesity, smoking, reckless driving, etc etc etc please recheck the title of this thread and stick to the subject at hand.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:56 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times
This ---->>> If you don't wash your hands you may get not only covid but also flu, hepatitis, etc., etc., and take much more hospital beds, therefore all people who don't wash hands should be deprived of healthcare.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
This ---->>> If you don't wash your hands you may get not only covid but also flu, hepatitis, etc., etc., and take much more hospital beds, therefore all people who don't wash hands should be deprived of healthcare.
Yeah, hand washing wasn't in the title of the thread - try again. Please notice the word 'vaxed'.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:03 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Because you are an incubator for viral mutation, reducing the effectiveness of my vaccination.

Because if you get infected and have to be hospitalized in the ICU, that is one less bed for people who may need it for other reasons.

Because if you are infected and come into proximity with me, there is a small chance I may catch a breakthrough infection.
Evidence shows those 'with the vax' are THE VECTORS for the NEW VARIANT

74% of all NEW CASES in MASS.... are those with the Vax~!

You are the Vector...you are the Problem!

Rather than doing the smart thing (Herd immunity), you want to get a shot for everything in hopes that you won't get sick. MEAN-WHILE you have destroyed your only true weapon against disease---- your natural immune system.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:04 PM

7,636 posts, read 8,707,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
^^^^
This. Also, just another 'let me appear to ask you a question so I can tell you why you are wrong when you answer it' thread. Yawn...

And before you AGAIN bring up the obesity, smoking, reckless driving, etc etc etc please recheck the title of this thread and stick to the subject at hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
Yeah, hand washing wasn't in the title of the thread - try again. Please notice the word 'vaxed'.
Before taking your next booster, learn what an argument is.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:04 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well because unvaccinated people are no more incubators for viral mutation than vaccinated, may be even less so. https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-v...olve-20180510/
Just because someone parrots this does not make it true.

Vaccinated people can also need to be hospitalized in the ICU. Chances are you will not need to be in the ICU if you are Covid positive. Perhaps if they stop mandating nurse be vaccinated, they wont be quitting and there will be more personnel to man the ICU beds.
And there is a small chance you may get infected from a vaccinated person.
Again if you are vaccinated which means your less likely to get infected and less likely to have serious symptoms, less likely to be in ICU, how is an unvaccinated person a risk to you. If you are still at risk, why do you get vaccinated.
Complete Farce....

JESUS....Do some research...

Old 09-13-2021, 02:05 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,070,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
It’s an unnecessary risk to my two small children, who are unvaccinated because they can’t yet get one. More and more children are getting hospitalized and some are dying from is (more than 400 have died in the US from COVID last I checked. So for the safety of my children and everyone else who isn’t able to get the vaccine, please consider getting vaccinated and helping to keep others safe.
It took a year and half, but we are now at the end all, be all of every liberal argument: do it for the children.

Stop using children as pawns in your political ideology.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:09 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
What a wonderful world it would be if Evangelicals felt the same way about abortion or gay marriage that Anti-Vaxers felt about getting a vaccination. How is someone's abortion hurting you? How is someones gay marriage hurting you.

your comparison would be "Anti-vaxxers felt about OTHERS getting a vaccination" .... which we've not seen any Anti-vaxxers say "You shouldn't be allowed to get the vaccine!!!"

Old 09-13-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendrixFan View Post
Are you the hall monitor of this thread? If not get lost. People have the right to their opinions and point out the glaring inconsistencies of healthcare and the fauxine. Typical liberal trying to silence people.
By definition that means I also have a right to my opinion and I do not intent to get lost. Typical conservative trying to run the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies