Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2021, 12:22 PM

29,435 posts, read 9,617,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Pie in the sky thinking. Even if everyone had the shot it would likely still be here and mutating. WHEN we get an actual vaccine then we can "get all this crap behind us and bring normal back" .. but not until then.
The longer and wider the virus is allowed to spread, the odds of mutation increase. Also true. So let's see...

Let's not get vaccinated?

Again what of all the statistics well demonstrating where the hospitals are being heavily impacted and why?

This is not a question of "pie in the sky" wishful thinking for perfect scenarios. This is a question of doing better rather than worse. Being part of the answer or part of the problem. Making SOME progress or going backwards.

Doing what we CAN! Even if we can't have perfect results.

Okay. As noted before. No point in wasting more time here. No doubt it would be time better spent to understand what is the real problem here...

Confirmation Bias: The number 1 problem in america.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...m-america.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 12:25 PM

4,637 posts, read 4,945,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
No excuse....this is all we have right now and it is saving lives.
"This is all we have." What a ringing endorsement. Can't wait to inject it into my veins! /s

Old 09-11-2021, 12:26 PM

654 posts, read 278,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The longer and wider the virus is allowed to spread, the odds of mutation increase. Also true. So let's see...

Let's not get vaccinated?

Again what of all the statistics well demonstrating where the hospitals are being heavily impacted and why?

This is not a question of "pie in the sky" wishful thinking for perfect scenarios. This is a question of doing better rather than worse. Being part of the answer or part of the problem. Making SOME progress or going backwards.

Doing what we CAN! Even if we can't have perfect results.

Okay. As noted before. No point in wasting more time here. No doubt it would be time better spent to understand what is the real problem here...

Confirmation Bias: The number 1 problem in America.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...m-america.html
The only problem with this is the Flu. It mutates, we have different mutations every year. We're given a Flu shot that's the scientists "best guess". It was just a few years ago they gave everybody the wrong Flu shot. People die from the Flu every year. They take up hospital space, too. I don't recall outrage and mask mandates and lockdowns for the Flu each year.

Covid is here to stay, we have to accept it and move on, without mask mandates and lockdowns. People that will get it and live will live, and people that get it and die will die. Sad, but true.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:28 PM

17,184 posts, read 16,333,812 times
Quote:
I like to think I've got some critical thinking skills, and as a result my conclusions about all this are not based on just Fauci or made as if there isn't conflicting information to consider. It's critical thinking that helps us deal with some of these "gray areas" and conflicting sources of information, but in the end critical thinking should help us arrive at the proper conclusion -- to get vaccinated -- after ALL is considered.

All I really need to do is follow the news, from all variety of news sources, about where the impact on hospitals is most acute and why, and what else do we need to know. After listening to doctor after doctor working the front lines, also pleading with people to get vaccinated, who else are we supposed to listen to. Not like anyone is making up those numbers, of unvaccinated vs vaccinated people ending up in the hospital.

It's all pretty simple to understand really, unless of course you're one of these conspiracy theory types, but even then...

I know confirmation bias makes this discussion a big waste of time, and I really should sign off now. Perhaps with just this thought to consider. I mean seriously consider.

A Great Challenge in Life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know you are wrong. - Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
Hospitals had reduced staff under new Covid protocols. Then when hospitals started demanding that their workers get vaccinated, more staff quit and took jobs that did not have such mandates.

Hospitals are understaffed, there are fewer beds thus they are more easily overwhelmed.

It makes ZERO sense that hospitals would be overrun with Covid now that a good percentage of the high risk category has been vaccinated and a large number of people have already contracted, recovered and have natural immunity from Covid.

The big thing that has changed is that SCHOOLS have reopened in liberal areas and UNEMPLOYMENT has been cut off and the EVICTION moratorium has ended - THAT, right there, is what has changed.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:30 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,710,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
The only problem with this is the Flu. It mutates, we have different mutations every year. We're given a Flu shot that's the scientists "best guess". It was just a few years ago they gave everybody the wrong Flu shot. People die from the Flu every year. They take up hospital space, too. I don't recall outrage and mask mandates and lockdowns for the Flu each year.

Covid is here to stay, we have to accept it and move on, without mask mandates and lockdowns. People that will get it and live will live, and people that get it and die will die. Sad, but true.
When it stops overwhelming the healthcare system we can accept it and move on.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:32 PM

4,637 posts, read 4,945,167 times
Quote:
I like to think I've got some critical thinking skills, and as a result my conclusions about all this are not based on just Fauci or made as if there isn't conflicting information to consider. It's critical thinking that helps us deal with some of these "gray areas" and conflicting sources of information, but in the end critical thinking should help us arrive at the proper conclusion -- to get vaccinated -- after ALL is considered.

All I really need to do is follow the news, from all variety of news sources, about where the impact on hospitals is most acute and why, and what else do we need to know? After listening to doctor after doctor working the front lines, also pleading with people to get vaccinated, who else are we supposed to listen to? Not like anyone is making up those numbers, of unvaccinated vs vaccinated people ending up in the hospital.

It's all pretty simple to understand really, unless of course you're one of these conspiracy theory types, but even then...

I know confirmation bias makes this discussion a big waste of time, and I really should sign off now. Perhaps with just this thought to consider. I mean seriously consider.

A Great Challenge in Life: Knowing enough to think you are right, but not knowing enough to know you are wrong. - Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson
Listen to front-line workers, but ones in your community, not on the news. The news obviously is pushing a narrative of overrun hospitals, and -- trust me, many people in my family are media people -- they are VERY, VERY SKILLED at finding sources/soundbites that fit their narrative and ignoring ones that don't.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:33 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,328,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Vaccinated people spread it also, lol. So your kids are not safe around vaccinated people as well.

People who had it also are immune to it, yet I fail to see you advocate for any testing and documentation of these people.
Read my statement again. Vaccinated people are less likely to contract it. If you don’t have it, you won’t spread it.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
When it stops overwhelming the healthcare system we can accept it and move on.
Get rid of the Covid protocols and mandates on healthcare workers and your problems will be magically solved.

High risk people are, by and large, vaccinated. Time to end this charade.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Read my statement again. Vaccinated people are less likely to contract it. If you don’t have it, you won’t spread it.
People with natural immunity to Covid are less likely to contract it.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:35 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,328,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
What do you reckon the survival rate is for children infected with Covid?
Something less than you are entitled to subject my children to, stud. If you took the slightest care of masking or vaxxing, well, you at least tried and it was unavoidable in a practical sense- but you’re flouting the obvious answers. The vaccine is a miracle God gave us. If you can’t be bothered to do that, at least mask. Doing neither is more than a little careless and sociopathic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies