Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2021, 11:47 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Terrorists extremists and idiots are all capable of doing great harm.

OBL's team killed over 3,200 including those dying from doing WTC cleanup. Over 1,000 times as many died 9-11-2001 vs 1-6-2021.

When the towers fell, I truly expected far more than 3k dead. I was in them often, knew they had a 50k daytime population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

The 1/6 insurrectionists were a million times scarier than Al-Qaeda. With proper leadership they could have literally brought down the United States.

With 4 more correct numbers, I would have won the MegaMillions jackpot last week.

Taking USA down is not for clowns in Trick or Treat costumes. That is what 1-6 was.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:58 AM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
I wouldn't call storming the capital building with the goal of disrupting our elections "just a protest" and the mere insinuation of such is just being disingenuous. This was the act of criminals and hopefully the government gets its act together and prosecutes as many as they can identify. Once they breached the capital building it was no longer a protest.

It's no secret that for awhile now the FEDs have ranked homegrown terrorists as a bigger threat than Islamic ones.
Protesting the government for any reason has been part of the U.S. since the 13 colonies. So don't pretend this is new. Since when the capital building is off limits to protest the government? I missed that part in Civil Classes. If you are protesting the government then it's a smart idea to go where they are at and where they work screwing the people,unless you want them to go to their personal home. It's a lot better than looting and burning cities, attacking Americans and their properties and attacking the police overall which were supported by many in the government so save me the b.s.

Nobody got killed in the government or kidnapped for demands. So where is the insurrection? I have traveled around the world with the military and tourist and I know what is an insurrection and this is not it.

We had the Vietnam protests that lasted years across the country and they were really nasty and the government survived and continue their endless wars. We had the Iraq war protests that were violent and many others. So stop with the 1/6 overreacting.

If they punted the ball on the BLM violent protests last year that were really nasty and criminal, I don't want to hear anymore about 1/6 because it's insulting and hypocrisy is not a virtue.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:01 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Glad at least one Republican figured it out:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ersary-speech/

“There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home,†Bush said in a speech at the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville. “But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols — they are children of the same foul spirit, and it is our continuing duty to confront them.â€
Why didn't he attack the US instead of Afghanistan and Iraq?

Old 09-13-2021, 12:08 PM

29,438 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:

The 1/6 insurrectionists were a million times scarier than Al-Qaeda. With proper leadership they could have literally brought down the United States.
This has to be the most asinine statement I've seen today. If this is sarcasm, I apologize, I should know better...It's just so hard to tell sometimes.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:24 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
We wanted a democracy.
Who is we? Who was even allowed to vote?

Quote:
The government is all powerful and they will survive a few people protesting 1 day.
Governments are more fragile than they appear.

Quote:
Look at the BLM violent protests last year. Those were more serious, more days, more cities that were being looted and burned down and our police attacked and no law or order. That's 1000x more of a revolution than the 1/6 protest.
The BLM riots were never a threat to the government. They were just controlled-opposition with no real leader.

You seem to believe that a revolution requires a majority. That has never been true. The Taliban only had about 75,000 fighters. ISIS at its peak only had about 30k. Just imagine how much militiaman would have rushed to Washington D.C. if Trump had said to come fight for their country.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:

If they punted the ball on the BLM violent protests last year that were really nasty and criminal, I don't want to hear anymore about 1/6 because it's insulting and hypocrisy is not a virtue.
Amen. CHAZ was the land of murders and rapes.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:37 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Protesting the government for any reason has been part of the U.S. since the 13 colonies. So don't pretend this is new. Since when the capital building is off limits to protest the government? I missed that part in Civil Classes. If you are protesting the government then it's a smart idea to go where they are at and where they work screwing the people,unless you want them to go to their personal home. It's a lot better than looting and burning cities, attacking Americans and their properties and attacking the police overall which were supported by many in the government so save me the b.s.

Nobody got killed in the government or kidnapped for demands. So where is the insurrection? I have traveled around the world with the military and tourist and I know what is an insurrection and this is not it.

We had the Vietnam protests that lasted years across the country and they were really nasty and the government survived and continue their endless wars. We had the Iraq war protests that were violent and many others. So stop with the 1/6 overreacting.

Just more disingenuous babble.

Lets simplify:

SMASHING WINDOWS AND BREAKING INTO THE CAPITAL BUILDING WHILE THEY ARE CERTIFYING OUR ELECTIONS CAUSE THEY'RE BUTT HURT THEIR GUY DIDN'T WIN SO THEY WANT TO DISRUPT IT IS NOT A RUN OF THE MILL PROTEST.

That's an attack on the very democracy our nation is founded on. None of the examples you bring up have ever involved breaching the capital building to try to stop an election certification. The examples you use are people protesting against government policies; not trying to subvert the will of the people and their votes.

PS: Why would I give a **** what you want to hear about?

PPS: I don't use the word insurrection, but nor do I use the word protest once they breached the capital. Nonetheless; make an example of them.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Who is we? Who was even allowed to vote?

you can move to China or Korea.

Quote:
Governments are more fragile than they appear.

not ours. The U.S. has the biggest military arsenal in history and has a monopoly in the world's economy. I wouldn't call that fragile.

Quote:
The BLM riots were never a threat to the government. They were just controlled-opposition with no real leader.

You seem to believe that a revolution requires a majority. That has never been true. The Taliban only had about 75,000 fighters. ISIS at its peak only had about 30k. Just imagine how much militiaman would have rushed to Washington D.C. if Trump had said to come fight for their country.

I never said such a thing. I said I know what is a threat and what an insurrection looks like. 1/6 wasn't it. Not even on the same planet.

BLM and their protests to go mainstream and get millions of dollars in donations just fell out of the sky. No leadership? thanks for the laugh.

Any militia would have been wiped out by out military but thanks for the 1/6 "insurrection" boggie man and TDS.

Are We on the same page? You are going by wishful thinking and I'm going by actual destruction and attacks in our cities and economy. Yeah, Trump could have nuke D.C.. he had the codes.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Just more disingenuous babble.

Lets simplify:

SMASHING WINDOWS AND BREAKING INTO THE CAPITAL BUILDING WHILE THEY ARE CERTIFYING OUR ELECTIONS CAUSE THEY'RE BUTT HURT THEIR GUY DIDN'T WIN SO THEY WANT TO DISRUPT IT IS NOT A RUN OF THE MILL PROTEST.

That's an attack on the very democracy our nation is founded on. None of the examples you bring up have ever involved breaching the capital building to try to stop an election certification. The examples you use are people protesting against government policies; not trying to subvert the will of the people and their votes.

PS: Why would I give a **** what you want to hear about?

PPS: I don't use the word insurrection, but nor do I use the word protest once they breached the capital.
So attacking the police, law and order and our military doesn't count in your litmus test? So protests against our government and system are acceptable to you unless it has something to do with Trump and the 2020 election. That is where you draw the line, thanks for the laugh and your personal opinions.

PS: Feeling is mutual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies