Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 01:30 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Right.
Just like the pic attached, you have country in the middle, torn apart by its governing branches, each one with its own interests, each one consisting out of PEOPLE, each one of them with their OWN interests.
So here's the thing. Timing wise, Mr Biden redirected rhetoric from Afghan disaster to "kill unvaccinated" one. That rhetoric was gladly picked up by vaccinated. It's a basic political DIVERSION.

Also, please, pay attention to something.
Sudden change in the tone of voice. From a jovial paternal figure, maybe with some quirks, Mr Biden turned on a dime into a roaring lion threatening millions of his constituents. For a politician, who is always watching his rating to keep it high, this is a disastrous move. You lose them points from both sides as NO ONE wants a dictator at the top. So either he was given carte blanche to go that route OR, he has deadline to meet and if not.....consequences to come. Hence, he is cornered and drops down to brutal threats. Now, that is not just him. Macron in France and Drago in Italy did exactly same. With Drago ALWAYS being very calm, very professional president. Who, suddenly, explodes in hysterical threats to his people. Look at Australia and New Zealand. Last resort measures are chosen. It's like as if ground is opening under their feet and they MUST meet a deadline of some sort, so they dropped any masks and go bear knuckles fighting.

November. I keep hearing this from various sources. November.
I thought exactly what you bolded, but I chided myself for "going over the top" in my fear of what MIGHT be going on. Again, as I have said many times -- it seems to be almost my mantra lately! -- only time will tell how much "paranoia" is warranted -- if the Great Reset is something to fear or if it is just another stupid and paranoid conspiracy theory. At this point, I honestly think that it is too soon to tell, but I think we will know one way or the other before too long, but probably the end of the year., i think.

And just to add, I am wondering if with more and more anecdotal reports (such as NCSweettea's about the nurse reporting so many people coming with the adverse reactions to the vaccines that are not being reported), if that explains Biden's change of demeanor -- IF the number of vaccinated people being hospitalized increases to the point that those in government and media can no longer deny that the vaccines are actually dangerous, then any chance they would have had to control the population by means of the vaccines might be lost -- plus they might have a full-scale panic/rebellion on their hands.

But, of course, the above is probably ridiculous and just a holdover from about ten years ago when such theories about the "powers that be" herding people into FEMA camps were a dime a dozen on You Tube and alt-right sites!

Last edited by katharsis; 09-12-2021 at 02:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 01:49 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
I never believed any of those politicians on camera were injected with the real vaccine. A syringe full of saline solution looks exactly the same.
Yes, believe it or not, that occurred to me before Trump even left office, when the first scary stories about the vaccines were appearing. I thought then, and I thought now, "What would have prevented some kind of saline solution, or something else that was completely nonharmful, from being injected into Trump and Melania instead?"

And now the following is REALLY going off the deep end, but about five years ago, when I started reading about how so many old people were going to overwhelm the health system and bankrupt Social Security and Medicare, I wondered then if the government was going to do something to drastically lower the number of old people. Even as I thought that, I was laughing at myself and then imagined that this idea would make a great thriller novel. However, similar thoughts returned when the pandemic started, and I saw how the Democrats were actually encouraging people to live "on welfare", and I wondered how that could possibly continue without bankrupting the U.S.?

And so now I am wondering if my stupid and ridiculous imaginings are really so ridiculous while simultaneously laughing at myself for even writing such things!

Last edited by katharsis; 09-12-2021 at 02:21 PM..

Old 09-12-2021, 01:58 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I did find an answer to why Biden's mandates don't apply to Congress. https://www.abc10.com/article/news/v...2-60df8a6967a8

Basically, it is up to "their" physician in charge to decide whether or not to issue such a mandate, as they are part of the legislative branch instead of the executive -- and, if I understand it correctly, it is because Biden, as part of the executive branch, cannot give mandates to the legislative branch. (!) It will be very interesting to see how many Republicans in the House and Senate comply if there is such a mandate for Congress!
THat's all fine and dandy. I think we all understand that it's an issue of checks and balances that the executive branch's mandate can't be universally applied through the Feds, HOWEVER, they should be mandating themselves or atleast campaigning for it within the legislative branch.

Nothing is stopping them from applying the same rules to themselves.

If they want the American people to be held to a high standard--they should also hand hold themselves to that same standard.

They should have to PROVE that they are vaccinated for the sake of transparency and/or be tested weekly. This should go for everyone from the janitor to the Chairwoman in their buildings and offices.

They should be subject to inspections, fines and suspencions for non compliance and any break in protocol.

They are as human as anyone else is, and just as susceptible to spreading the virus and/or getting as sick as anyone. And this would be especially true given all of their ages and any likely underlying conditions.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:07 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I can't defend it. They should be under the mandate.
Wrong answer. There should be no mandate of any kind on anyone. The mandate simply should not exist. F for effort.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:59 PM

1,810 posts, read 897,070 times
Our benevolent leader only does things that he knows will be in the best interests of society.

Old 09-12-2021, 04:18 PM

162 posts, read 60,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Our benevolent leader only does things that he knows will be in the best interests of society.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies