Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 01:07 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Have they told you what they regret? Is it the booming Stock Market? Or the declining COVID death rate?
It's the skyrocketing inflation rate that sent my weekly grocery bill from around $175 to almost $300 in just six months - all caused by a hyperinflation-causing, currency-devaluing multi-trillion dollar Washington spending spree that nobody will see any beneficial results from.

It's the fact that small businesses continue to close because nobody is WILLING TO WORK, after being paid the equivalent of $40K/yr to stay home & enjoy life.

It's the debacle of incompetence in Afghanistan that made us a LAUGHING STOCK - handing the Taliban sophisticated weaponry & even an Air Force, plus a roomful of CASH; and causing even the U.K. to officially rebuke Biden for sneaking out in the middle of the night without telling our allies. Also leaving Americans behind (hostages) & actively trying to stop private groups from evacuating them.

It's the realization that the massive government power-grab is never going to let up, and things will NEVER "get back to normal" because the corrupt Ruling Class is drunk on power.

It's the fact that nations with near 100% vaccination rates proved that vaccines won't end the pandemic because they only protect against the original strain - so they get boosters for Delta, which selects for a slightly different variant, then come boosters for THAT strain, etc., ad infinitum.

It's the fact that this Administration IGNORES THE CONSTITUTION and knowingly does illegal eviction moratoriums that bankrupt landlords (50% of which have less than 4 rental units), as well as now mandating (blackmailing) citizens to get an experimental gene therapy with less than a year of safety data.

There's far more, but the "booming Stock Market" is a bubble that will soon burst (2008 collapse redux) & shovel more billions into the pockets of billionaires, while financially devastating small investors and raping the taxpayers along the way. And the "declining Covid numbers" have nothing at all to do with Biden (we wouldn't even have vaccines now if Democrats had been in charge), but are a result of the Delta variant being LESS LETHAL than the original strain of Covid. Of course, the death rate would be FAR LOWER if effective treatments were not censored & made unavailable (ivermectin & HCQ) or highly restricted (monoclonal antibody therapy), to push the highly profitable vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 04:47 AM

2,042 posts, read 854,250 times
I’m cool with people having opposing views and ideas what direction the country needs to go.. But this is more than that. What is going on right now today in America isn’t what direction the country needs to go it’s about changing America completely even to the point of trying to change her history. It is an empire attempting to destroy itself from within. Personally I think it’s time for America to be divided. I know what half I would want to be on. And I know what would happen to the other half. Lol

Old 09-12-2021, 05:06 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
https://news.gallup.com/interactives...al-center.aspx

9th month in office:
Biden: 49% approval
Trump: 37% approval, lost re-election
Obama: 52% approval, won re-election
Bush Jr: 86% approval, won re-election
Clinton: 47% approval, won re-election
Bush Sr.: 68% approval, lost re-election
Reagan: 42% approval, won re-election
Carter: 54% approval, lost re-election

Another words, the approval numbers in September for a first-term President are generally bad at predicting the next election. But if you look at just the past 4 Presidents, 2 of the 3 who won re-election were under 50% at this point in their Presidency.

This Trump inflation and Trump's failure in Afghanistan are messes President Biden has to deal with so I do think bringing up Trump is okay.
Democrats believe the fake polls.. I don't.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Have they told you what they regret?

Is it the booming Stock Market?

Or the declining COVID death rate?
2,000 deaths a day is not declining. Texas has all those infected illegals pushing up the numbers as they spread the virus . Texas is now at the top of the list for deaths.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:08 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
There was similar regret with Trump. Folks in the Trump camp are in denial but conservatives had major "buyer's remorse" when it turned out Trump wasn't even close to being conservative for a republican. Now many democrats feel the same about Biden... We all know how this ends.
Just 1 question, how many in "Trump's camp" did you actually discus this with in order for you to make such a claim of knowledge on what they think?

Old 09-12-2021, 05:17 AM

Biden is a bigger racist than Robert E. Lee. Get your facts straight.

About black people.. you aint black if you don't vote for me.

I learned about roaches.

Poor blacks can be as smart as white kids.

Corn pop was a bad dude. he uses razor blades.

This is what elitist Biden thinks of black people.

Obama , clean and articulate.. storybook man..

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-12-2021 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote

Old 09-12-2021, 05:19 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well people had buyers remorse on voting for Trump and that's why Biden was elected. It just happens.
"Well people had buyers remorse on voting for Trump

"Trump Got 10 Million More Votes This Election"

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/202...p-2020-vs-2016

How does that crow taste?

Old 09-12-2021, 05:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Not the conservatives... We just wish we had a competent candidate and are hopeful for 2024 where Biden and Trump will be history.
Amen.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
I voted for Biden, and agree he's awful and worse than expected. But would only support Putin's puppet if he ran against Bernie or some other extremist. Trump hates America and is still trying to divide the country. Just as a lot of Democrat sheep blindly follow CNN/WaPo/MSNBC/LA Times narratives, a lot of Republicans blindly follow this bankrupt loser who would have been on the streets without Russian mob money. People on both sides need to learn to think for themselves.
The divide was during Obama years. He was a weak wimpy president too. Allowed ISIS to grow.. Trump had to take them out of Iraq.. Dems are hard on Americans taking their freedoms , while so soft of terrorists it is disgusting.. always has been.

Clinton was killing our own . Ruby Ridge and Waco.. Republicans would wait it out.. that is what Bush did in the same situation. JaNUT Reno went after the Cuban boy Alian Gonzalez with huge guns beating up the family.. Why not tell them to go to court and take the child.. no .. they have to go in with guns a blazing to show extreme force on Americans . This is communist tactics.. easy on our foreign enemies and love to take down and murder Americans . I noticed the difference years ago.

Old 09-12-2021, 07:18 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Not the conservatives... We just wish we had a competent candidate and are hopeful for 2024 where Biden and Trump will be history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I know a lot of conservatives who would rather have Trump, even if they didn’t like Trump, they would still rather have him then Biden
Well, I know a lot of "liberals," me included, who would rather have Biden, even if they don't like Biden or feel he's up to the challenge. And that's saying a lot, believe me.

Plenty of "liberals," like me, just wish we had a competent, rational, respectable, presidential candidate and are hopeful for 2024 wherein Biden and Trump (and all other old men) will be history. Find a Republican candidate who meets the above criteria, and this "liberal" might just vote for him/her.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies