Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 10:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
C'mon, people -- THINK!!

I think that it is indisputable that nurses have seen more COVID than any other group. Why in the world would they refuse a vaccine that could save them from the ravages of the virus? What do they know or believe that would cause them to fear the vaccines more than the virus itself?

They are certainly not anti-science or anti-vaccine, or they would not have been hired as nurses to begin with. Even when I was a hospital volunteer, I was required to get at least one vaccine for hepatitis (I think I was up to date on all the other ones required).

The ONLY explanation is that they have also read and/or seen some a LOT of very nasty effects of the vaccine that makes them very wary of putting that stuff into their own bodies.

Or does anyone else have another theory? I would love to hear it!
Yeah, they have imbibed the propaganda being spit at them from RWNJs on the internet and on the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

What other reason could they possibly have?
Propaganda is powerful.

So powerful that we have millions of people who would rather take a horse de-wormer than a freely available and effective vaccine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 10:39 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I agree with this.

The silliness has to stop. Out the door they go.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/
if enough staff walk out the door there is no one to care for the patients. You know the patients? remember them? no nurses, housekeeping, dietary, etc etc. That would really be helpful to the patients! remember them?

Old 09-16-2021, 10:52 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
if enough staff walk out the door there is no one to care for the patients. You know the patients? remember them? no nurses, housekeeping, dietary, etc etc. That would really be helpful to the patients! remember them?
Well, that would be one way, albeit a much slower way, of reducing the population -- to get rid of the sick by simply not caring for them. Yeah, what a wonderful and humane idea!!

(Of course I am being sarcastic, and I think it is very sad that I felt the need to actually write that the above is sarcasm.)

Old 09-16-2021, 07:06 PM

162 posts, read 60,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
No one should quit, let them fire you, which is what they don't want to do.
Exactly.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:10 PM

162 posts, read 60,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
People need to be very careful of demonizing others.

In 2020, people blamed the police for basically being the cause of all violence in their communities. The end results of this demonization led to a mass exodus of police officers AND a violent crime explosion across the nation since there isn’t enough officers to staff 24/7 operations in most every major city.

Now, people are demonizing nurses for not wanting to take the Jab AND are now shocked that they’re leaving and that there isn’t enough nurses to support the day to day hospital operations?

Wow, as a collective, we Americans are pretty freaking stupid not to see the end results of targeting a profession that is badly needed to keep our society functioning.

Who next in line to be the target? Store Clerks, firefighters or that worker at McDonald’s or Starbucks?
I am sorry - but as time goes by, I am seeing this in another light. You are assuming that all these decisions are not being made on purpose. That people deciding these things don't know what the end result is. They DO know. They don't care.

This chaos is being done on purpose.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:12 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Who didn't see this coming? It has been brought up in past threads, and some people here keep saying the mantra that it won't matter.

This stupid vaccine mandate will WORSEN the hospital crisis. Just in New York State alone, there was a news story 2-3 weeks ago stating that 1/4 of all healthcare workers in NY State were unvaccinated. Doesn't take a genius to see what is going to happen with the mandates pretty soon.

Even in my local area, I am hearing stories of people quitting because exemptions of any kind are being turned away. It is even more ironic to see this occurring at Catholic based hospitals. Wow. No religious exemptions allowed even there. Why? Because all people unvaccinated will try that if it is allowed. And, hey KNOW it.

When winter hits, and covid kicks into high gear, you are going to have another man made crisis, and it won't be the virus this time... It will be the shortsightedness of the politicians making these stupid rules.

NY hospital to pause baby deliveries after staffers quit over vaccine mandate

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...DDAMXV46DQ5TQ/
I honestly believe all the staffing shortages coming up have nothing to do with Covid or wanting to stay home and collect government checks, but all having to do with vaccine mandates. I can understand drug testing, but forcing you to get a vaccine to something that has a 98 percent survival rate is nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies