Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 02:54 PM

654 posts, read 280,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Hasn't it occurred to you to ask WHY they are refusing?

I mean, think about it.

Medical professionals are in a position to know more than ANYONE the results of COVID and the benefits of SAFE and EFFECTIVE vaccines. It so many are refusing, then WHY is that?? Wouldn't they realize that it is in their best interests to get the vaccines if they actually were safe and effective? Or are you expecting them to be martyrs and go against their judgment to appease some people who do not question the media, our POTUS, or many of our political leaders?
Thank you! I've been asking the same question and have yet to get a response!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2021, 02:57 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
For the life of me, I cannot understand why people defend medical and hospital workers who won’t be vaccinated. It should be blindingly obvious that letting unvaccinated people mingle with the sick, the newborn, the elderly, and the immunity-suppressed—a big slice of any hospital population—is a recipe for medical disaster. Especially with the highly transmissable delta variant and our horrible history of covid spreads in nursing homes, VA hospitals, and assisted living facilities.

They don’t want to get vaccinated? Fire them all—and fire them for cause. The hospital and it’s patients will be better off. And let’s not forget that if someone in the hospital got seriously ill or died because of one of these unvaccinated fools, the hospital could be sued and on the hook for serious financial damages.

If you work in a hospital you should have to take the vaccine or you should be fired. And only medical exemptions allowed. No “religious” exemptions. Your spiritual practice and belief ceases being a right when it can kill someone else.
Agreed...only in America have the selfish anti vax snowflakes gotten out of control and made this pandemic political. This would not happen in most other countries...certainly not in Australia.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:57 PM

17,375 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
How do people think they can pay their bills without a job?
They literally quit and get another job that does not require the employees to be vaccinated. It takes them maybe an hour or two to find another job that often pays more.

The mandates are, yet, another disastrous idea from Biden because he does not have the bandwidth to comprehend the consequences of what he is ordering.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Agreed...only in America have the selfish anti vax snowflakes gotten out of control and made this pandemic political. This would not happen in most other countries...certainly not in Australia.
A vaccine isn't selfish, it's a personal choice.

Second, why aren't you asking "why don't these workers want to get vaccinated?"? Maybe we'd all learn something if we did.

Old 09-12-2021, 02:59 PM

17,375 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Maybe go to greener pastures where folks like Dementia Joe can take control of these decisions for you.

I'm not against the vaccine, I am against mandating it.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:03 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckatredlightsagain View Post
A vaccine isn't selfish, it's a personal choice.

Second, why aren't you asking "why don't these workers want to get vaccinated?"? Maybe we'd all learn something if we did.
The unvaccinated are spreading most of the Covid though and almost all hospitalizations/deaths from the UNVACCINATED.

You think it is bad here? Feel free to move to Australia!

Old 09-12-2021, 03:06 PM

7,929 posts, read 9,152,376 times
https://www.modernhealthcare.com/lab...covid-vaccines

Physicians were almost uniformly in favor of the vaccine. Other staff who don’t provide clinical care, such as food service workers and security personnel, had higher rates of vaccine hesitancy. Those all ready contracted covid were less likely to get vaccinated.

The higher the education level, the more likely the worker is vaccinated. More ethnic less likely to be vaccinated.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:09 PM

Quote:
The unvaccinated are spreading most of the Covid though and almost all hospitalizations/deaths from the UNVACCINATED.
Not true, it's the vaccinated who are spreading it to the unvaccinated. The unvaccinated, who by the way, CHOSE not to get the shot. They were more than willing to take the risk. For the vast majority of them, it'll pay off.

But, I'll ask again, why aren't we asking these workers 'Why don't you want to get vaccinated?'? To be an adult, means to expand our horizons and get different thoughts. I think that's needed here.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:15 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Now they can labor and give birth at home alone. That will surely keep them safe from unvaccinated hospital workers.
In a few cases, they might be better off. Roosevelt, in NYC, was a mess for both my second and third deliveries. Long stories, but had I known what I was in for, I’d have stayed home with a midwife. Silly me, thought the first of those experiences was a one-off.

Old 09-12-2021, 03:20 PM

25,441 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Thanks to the Provaxxers tyrants out there...You’re going to see the crash of our health care system

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1436738417556168706
More are vaccinated than not. What will crash our healthcare system is the amount of Covid patients and the lack of care for those with issues other than Covid. The system was already strained before the pandemic. It's much worse now. The burnout of healthcare workers has got to be beyond the tipping point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies